Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Illinois Deals - Limited Stock Offer - $20 /Yr 256 MB VPS - $39 /Yr 1 GB VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Illinois Deals - Limited Stock Offer - $20 /Yr 256 MB VPS - $39 /Yr 1 GB VPS

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited April 2013 in Offers

Now through Monday BlueVM is having a sale on it's OpenVZ VPS in Illinois. Deals include:

BLUE1 - Normally $28.00 /Yr NOW: $20 /Yr (Coupon Code: ILLINOIS1)
256 MB of Guaranteed RAM
512 MB of Burstable RAM
1 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
1 IP Address
10 GB of Disk
500 GB of Bandwidth
Click Here To Order

BLUE3 - Normally $80.00 /Yr NOW: $39 /Yr (Coupon Code: ILLINOIS3)
1024 MB of Guaranteed RAM
2048 MB of Burstable RAM
3 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
1 IP Address
50 GB of Disk
2 TB of Bandwidth
Click Here To Order

Quick FAQ:
Q: Why does this deal only apply to Illinois?
A: We have some extra space on our Illinois nodes that we'd like to fill.

Q: Can I transfer this VPS to another one of your locations?
A: Yes you can, simply submit a ticket after purchasing and we will move your VPS.

Q: Will the price be the same next year?
A: Yes as always our prices are locked in for the life of your VPS.

Q: What is your network speed? Can I have some test files or IPs?
A: Our network is at 1 Gbps and here's the test information:

Test IP: s3.c56.il.bluevm.com
Test File: http://s3.c56.il.bluevm.com/100mb.test

Comments

• Do you have IPv6 available?

• We offer IPv6 tunnels for free upon request.

• What the heck.... Why does BlueVM hide the fact that they are basically Colocrossing VPS...

Here's my point, from your website:

Our Locations, Datacenters & Testing Information:

Atlanta, Georgia - 56 Marietta
    Test IP: s1.c12.atl.bluevm.com (192.210.212.3)
    ahhh... 10: host.colocrossing.com 19.200ms

Los Angeles, California - QuadraNet
    Test IP: s1.c12.ca.bluevm.com (192.210.208.5)
    Okay, this one checks out...

Chicago, Illinois - DFT
    Test IP: s1.c12.il.bluevm.com (192.210.211.2)
    Ahh... DFT???
    11: host.colocrossing.com 21.897ms

Kansas City - WSI
    Test IP: KSprimary.bluevm.com (69.30.193.58)
    Okay, this one checks out.

Dallas, Texas - COLO4
    Test IP: s1.c12.tx.bluevm.com (192.210.214.2)
    Ahhh, Colo4???
    12: host.colocrossing.com 43.571ms

Buffalo, New York - XO Communications
    Test IP: s1.c12.ny.bluevm.com (192.210.215.2)
    Ahhh...... XO Communications?
    NetRange: 192.210.128.0 - 192.210.255.255
    CIDR: 192.210.128.0/17
    OriginAS: AS36352
    NetName: CC-11
    NetHandle: NET-192-210-128-0-1
    Parent: NET-192-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    RegDate: 2012-12-11
    Updated: 2012-12-11
    Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-192-210-128-0-1

OrgName: ColoCrossing

6 locations, two have right information. 4 locations have the wrong location and all are COLOCROSSING. Why?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited April 2013

@pubcrawler - We aren't hiding it, we're listing what datacenter we're in. Just because our servers are colocated with ColoCrossing doesn't mean we have to list them. If you check http://www.colocrossing.com/network/ you can find these datacenters listed there.

What does it really matter? It seems to me you are implying that we lied about something. Maybe we just don't want to be associated with some of the bad things people think about some other people on this forum...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Bluevm is awesomeness. Great deals!

• @pubcrawler, attacking everyone using colocrossing is getting old. You should stop it.

• Maybe we just don't want to be associated with some of the bad things people think about some other people on this forum...

:) :) :) I can understand that :) :) :)

Check this:
    Chicago = Dupont Fabros
    Dallas = 3000 Irving --- Colo4 is at that address, unsure who else is or isn't
    (taken from CC website)

Buffalo = Facility Provider: Main Place Liberty Group, LLC (not on their website but taken from press PDF)

Unsure where XO got brought in. Could be sublet from XO.. But CC doesn't even have BUF on website of locations.

• Quick FAQ:

I don't see anything on your FAQ about quality of support or uptime which would be my biggest concern in forking over cash for an annual plan given the numerous customer complaints about your support, outages, etc that can be found in many threads over the past year on both WHT and in comments on your offers on LEB.

I am also concerned about this thread from last year and the allegations made in it http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1135/bluevm-warning/p1 (i.e. allegations of ripped content, using LLC in your logo before you had incorporated, complaints of scamming, etc). Has all of that changed in the past year?

• @pubcrawler - Well DFT is what it's referred to by most of it's users, but I can see some validity in changing it to Dupont Fabros. We list Colo4 for Dallas. Our nodes are a sublet under XO Communications, that's why we listed them.

@DomainBop - Well let's see: BlueVM Communications LLC is registered in the state of colorado, we've gotten a new design, we've even gotten better plans than when we launched as well as better hardware and bandwidth. You will always have a few unhappy people, you can't change that, but we do have over 2,000 happy VPS customers and over 1,000 happy shared hosting customers.

We've also made several contributions to the web hosting community including a systems uptime tracking service and continued development on Neon (Nginx Webmaster Control Panel).

• @BlueVM,

I find the locations problematic because let's face it, be it Colo4, Dupont, etc. you are in CC's custody, in their racks, may be using their hands on (if they actually have any staff at locations).

Many of the breaks on things will be CC's issues, aside from power, cooling and actual fiber/cable cuts.

Me, I'd just remove the facility info and add network upstream mix --- that's more relative than most anything to end users.

Masking the locations like this makes things look fishy.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@DomainBop I was also a bit scared of bluevm based on their past reputation from WHT. It paints a bad image, no lie. For what it's worth, they've changed a lot. Couldn't tell you the finer details of why, but I notice it and I'm a proud client. Just figured I'd share that. Obviously I can only speak for me.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

@serverian said: @pubcrawler, attacking everyone using colocrossing is getting old. You should stop it.

+1

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

But it still good to know where's hosted provider otherwise some people may end up with few hosts in same racks.... That's not what everyone would want to.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@pubcrawler

Whether we're with CC or not isn't the question, which DC the servers are located at is what we're trying to point out.

Almost everyone is tired of you going after hosts that use CC and moan like a kid. If you have nothing better to say, your comments are not needed.

Thanks to everyone else for your positive comments :)

• i have a yearly vps with bluevm so far i have 99.91% uptime with them.. no support ticket so far because everything is great.. btw, great offer @BlueVM i wish this came a month earlier.

• @pubcrawler, if may ask, whats wrong with cc?

• Im with BlueVM since very early on (where they are still suffering and having tons of issue), but it has been really really good past year.
    Budget this month is a bit tight, so will see next month will need another box from them :D

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@grayfuz said: whats wrong with cc?

!!!!!!!

• I cannot get the order paid. when I apply the coupon it says promotion coupon applied but items don't qualify for it . pla help.

• @thehray Ticket Please!