Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Delivery Problem – IP Clean & Main IP Blacklisted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Delivery Problem – IP Clean & Main IP Blacklisted

Hi,

I’m having some problems sending email at least to Outlook.com and ZOHO.com accounts. In outlook.com, email goes to spam and in ZOHO it never reaches the inbox.

When checking on Gmail, the email gets into the inbox ok.

My domain is hosted in a cPanel Reseller Account that comes with 1 dedicated IP. When checking that IP on Blacklists, it’s clean and not listed anywhere.

But when I check the hosting provider server main IP where my account is hosted, I can see that both the main server IP and also the domain iare blacklisted on several lists.

Already check SPF and ReverseDNS (DKIM is for now disabled) and all is properly setup using my own dedicated IP.

My question is if the reason for my email delivery problems can be related with the main IP of the server where my account is hosted to be blacklisted?

I have asked the hosting provider about this and they said that there is no relation and that because I my 1 Dedicated IP that is not blacklisted, all my email should work properly.

So can someone experience with email, can tell me if email problems can happen when sending a clean IP hosted in a server with the main IP blacklisted?

Also if anyone has any other idea or suggestion, fell free to give me!

Thanks

Comments

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Send yourself an email and check the header to see from which IP it is actually being sent (from your dedicated IP or from the server's shared IP)... because some providers have it configured to send emails from shared IP even if you have a dedicated IP address.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

Check Senderscore; problems with Outlook/hotmail can usually be traced to low Senderscore reputation.

As to Zoho, they might be blocking the email at the gateway; the logs will help you out in pinpointing the problem.

• @HBAndrei

I checked the headers on the email I receive on Gmail and there I don't see the main server blacklisted IP. I only see my own clean dedicated IP.

Anyway, I see there the main server domain hostname. And both the domain from the hostname + the main IP are blacklisted.

So can it be because of the domain? Anyway I'm not an expert im email, so I send bellow a link with the full headers so anyone who can help me to check.

I have replaced the following for privacy reasons:

• My clean IP to "MY.IP.ADDRESS"
    • Reseller Main WHM Account Domain to "domain1"
    • Domain from where i'm sending emails to "domain2"
    • Main server hostname to reseller.mainserver.com

LINK: https://jpst.it/Q2D7

@mailcheap

Also checked on Senderscore and all the setup seems ok. The IP reputation says has not yet data to show.

• @nqservices said:
    My question is if the reason for my email delivery problems can be related with the main IP of the server where my account is hosted to be blacklisted?

Of course. Some would argue that the provider's overall reputation is much more important than the transient activity of any one IP in the range they own.

And that doesn't stop with email deliverability. Abuse is abuse, and I'll drop entire networks into my firewall (blocking all connections) if they don't behave nicely.

I have asked the hosting provider about this and they said that there is no relation and that because I my 1 Dedicated IP that is not blacklisted, all my email should work properly.

Switch to a more honest provider.

• I'd recommend using https://mail-tester.com/ to check your setup and improve the deliverability of your email

• Are all authentication methods set up properly (DKIM, SPF/SenderId, DMARC)?

If not, that could donate to your woes.

• Thanks all for the suggestions. I have decided to move my email to zoho.com free plan.

No more wasting time on troubleshoot email issues.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited December 2016

But just to be clear: having the main server hostname IP + domain blacklisted is probably the main reason for my email delivery problems, correct?

Even in my case withI SPF + DKIM + ReverseDNS and 1 clean dedicated ip, correct?

Thanks

• b6688b6688 Member
    edited December 2016

Maybe you can consider to get a VPS and build your own Mail Server (SPF + DKIM + ReverseDNS, Let's Encrypt SSL, Clean IP). I am currently with Hostus VPS running with www.iredmail.org. You can see the test result below.

imgur.com/a/qiSPR

imgur.com/unaa65i

Please test it using the tool

1. http://www.emailsecuritygrader.com/
    2. https://www.mail-tester.com
    Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @nqservices said:
    Even in my case withI SPF + DKIM + ReverseDNS and 1 clean dedicated ip, correct?

Add DMARC, as well, and better keep SPF v1 and v2 (SenderId). Those are de facto mandatory; email without authentication will soon result in domain/IP getting blacklisted.