Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cloudatcost, a liar???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cloudatcost, a liar???

zhuyijunzhuyijun Member
edited December 2016 in General

cloudatcost has gone away??? cant use the vps

Comments

• !?!!?!?! thats normal.

Thanked by 4sin WHT bersy FrankZ
  • i just buy two days

• too bad for you.

try to get your money back.

it is one of the worst hosts.

• Dudes, try to reboot first

My set working, also shared hosting just fine.

• try debian

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Ole_Juul said:
    try debian

K, thx

• Their network seems to go down from time to time. For the price (with 90% discount) it's not too bad though. Well at least it could be worse!

Good luck mate!

• They use VMWare, sometimes just reboot wait 5 min and get online.

• I have one of their lifetime developer VPS but frankly I got so fed up with the network I gave up using it.

• how long their lifetime plan actually can online?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

abat said: I got so fed up with the network I gave up using it.

That is how they survive :)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:

Indeed. Also, all services by default start in 'safe mode' - which means that they'll shut off the server after 1 week, lol.

Just hoping for the services to be so unusable that you never come back, and hope that you don't change any defaults so they can just keep your server turned off.

• @Harambe said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Indeed. Also, all services by default start in 'safe mode' - which means that they'll shut off the server after 1 week, lol.

Just hoping for the services to be so unusable that you never come back, and hope that you don't change any defaults so they can just keep your server turned off.

Yeah that's a strange business model. I turned mine off as I didn't see anything that could be done with such a crappy VPS.

Their cpanel hosting works quite good as of now, but you can only setup one domain + it's probably gonna be crappy soon, there are way better deals on LET!

• @zhuyijun said:
    cloudatcost has gone away??? cant use the vps

This seems to happen whenever they have a large influx of new customers as a result of even cheaper than normal pricing. Things will likely become available eventually, but their infrastructure is notoriously over-provisioned. When you pay a few bucks for life for what would normally cost a few bucks per month elsewhere, the old maxim "you get what you pay for" applies.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2016

They are probably Fart Mothers or it's all just a misunderstanding. Maybe they took too much Rick and now they don't refund after Google blacklisted the IP.

Thanked by 2cgs3238 FrankZ
  • You got BoltVM-ed.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2016

I got one of those developer VPS, yes network is not that good but my uptime is 101 days now (and not sure I wasn't the one who rebooted it back then).