Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap WHMCS License?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap WHMCS License?

johnlth93johnlth93 Member
edited April 2013 in General

Hi, anyone know where can i get good deal for cheap and authentic WHMCS license?

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Either from a host that is a reseller, buying a used owned license or whmcs.com . Those would be your only options that I can think of.

• @johnlth93 said: Hi, anyone know where can i get good deal for cheap and authentic WHMCS license?

Pretty sure Eleven2 offers WHMCS License + a reseller account for $20.00. Not bad.

• jhjh Member

I've got an owned no branding I'm not using any more. Not allowed to sell it but can probably get away with letting you use it if you buy a server.

• @Jack said: Hostigation but you need a VM to get one.

A VM isn't a must, just makes it easier to tie it to for billing, with a ticket I can figure something out.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@miTgiB said: A VM isn't a must, just makes it easier to tie it to for billing, with a ticket I can figure something out.

As per the WHMCS Resellers rules, the licence must be used on the licences providers network and not out side.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited April 2013

can tie with a shared hosting account as well, in that case
    Update : seems only for reseller, vps or dedicated users only

• @johnlth93 said: Hi, anyone know where can i get good deal for cheap and authentic WHMCS license?

I have been using and developping with a very cheap license from GreenValueHost. Works great and great support.

http://www.greenvaluehost.com/sharedhosting.html ask them about the WHMCS license and they will get you a deal.

• Isn't reselling WHMCS licenses banned by WHMCS?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@serverian said: Isn't reselling WHMCS licenses banned by WHMCS?

If your a authorised partner eg. HostDime then your still allowed, distributors are not eg. LicensePal

• marcmmarcm Member

I'm sorry to state the obvious, however this sort of thread has become such a cliche, impacting LET in a negative way.
    The bottom line is that if you're concerned with saving a dollar or two on a monthly WHMCS license then maybe you should find another line of work, because as a provider the biggest savings don't come from your WHMCS license.

• DieselDiesel Member
    edited April 2013

@marcm Maybe you should try to answer the question or post links to similar threads on LET instead of doing what you are doing. Regardless of you being sorry about it, you're still stating the obvious, which is redundant.

@johnlth93 I think the best way to go would be -if there's no rush- to hunt for a reseller package with WHMCS included (for example on WHT) that has a big promo.

• Oh i just remembered that they've discontinue their Distributor Program

• marcmmarcm Member

@Diesel - It is a well known fact that WHMCS killed off the reseller program, so the only way now to resell WHMCS is with a hosting package. Since this has been already discussed here more than once, OP should know better than ask. However to "state the obvious" once more, the best place to get a WHMCS license is from ... WHMCS themselves.

• Hello,

We also have WHMCS licenses available for $10.00 at the present time, however

@marcm said: @Diesel - It is a well known fact that WHMCS killed off the reseller program, so the only way now to resell WHMCS is with a hosting package. Since this has been already discussed here more than once, OP should know better than ask. However to "state the obvious" once more, the best place to get a WHMCS license is from ... WHMCS themselves.

They have not killed off the reseller program (http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/). Just cut out distributors.

• marcmmarcm Member

@LV_Matt said: They have not killed off the reseller program (http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/). Just cut out distributors.

That's pretty much what I've said. Basically the only ones that can resell WHMCS licenses are hosting providers. They are also limited to the IP range that they operate on. This thread is nearly pointless IMHO.

• @marcm said: They are also limited to the IP range that they operate on. This thread is nearly pointless IMHO.

Depends on what type of reseller you are, if you operate one like HostDime or HostGator then yes they are limited to the IP range, but the hosting provider enters the IP range details not WHMCS.

• jeffjeff Member
    edited April 2013

Would websitepanel be worth looking at? I spoke too soon, looks Windows based, so is it possible to use hyper-v with open source vm with websitepanel? Both are free.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@Jack said: @qps resells them and offers amazing cheap dedicated servers for you to host them on! :-)

Thanks - we still have our $49 Dual Xeon L5420 servers in stock.

We are going to have WHMCS licenses available as an add-on option for any of our services, but for the time being, please open a sales ticket. WHMCS pricing will be at least 15% lower than WHMCS direct, but we may go lower depending on how many people sign up.

• marcmmarcm Member

I have purchased our owned WHMCS license directly from WHMCS, so naturally I have asked them about what the requirements are to become a reseller. Seeing how ignorance tends to prevail here every now and then, I will paste the reply that I have received from WHMCS:

Thanks for your interest in joining the WHMCS license reseller program.

Reseller Requirements

You must have an active WHMCS license yourself purchased directly from us
    If an owned license, you must have active support & upgrades
    You must have your account in good standing with all invoices paid
    You must agree to our reseller provider agreement
    You may sell licenses to your own hosting/dedicated customers only

There is a minimum initial commitment of 5 license keys required to become a reseller. In order to activate your reseller account, 5 licenses will be added and invoiced when you submit the agreement. Payment for this initial invoice is required within 3 business days.

If you haven't already, then please review our reseller program information, which includes requirements for applying (to ensure you are eligible) and pricing information @ http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/

Also probably the most important rule for our reseller program is that it is designed for web hosts to offer licenses alongside hosting services, so you may offer WHMCS licenses bundled with your packages, or as an optional extra to them, but never as a standalone item, and never to users who don't also host with you.

It is resellers own responsibility to ensure that any keys they issue are only used within their own hosting network, and not used on third party hosting services.

Once registered and the initial 5 keys issued, then there is an addon module you get access to which allows you to fully automate the reselling process with WHMCS.

To proceed with applying, please complete the reseller agreement form from [URL removed]

Please note that when signing the agreement the information should match your account information with the same name, email address, and address information that we have listed in our billing system.

If you need to update or review this, please login to https://www.whmcs.com/members/

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@marcm said: You may sell licenses to your own hosting/dedicated customers only

So that validates what @marcm said about limited IP ranges.

If you buy a $4.25/month WHMCS license from KnownHost, you can only use it on a VPS or server provided by KnownHost. You can't buy the license and then use it on a VPS from linode.

I don't know if that's a technical or just a contractual restriction (i.e., if there is something that enforces it in the code).

I don't think there would be anything preventing you from hosting your WHMCS at (random example) Hostigation and using it to provision VPSes/servers that have nothing to do with Hostigation.