Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reminder: CRISSIC SHUTDOWN Dec 4th
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reminder: CRISSIC SHUTDOWN Dec 4th

Get your popcorn or get some tissues!

Any wagers on how many Crissic customers will show up on the 4th... completely unaware of what was going on for the last 2 years with them? (and completely unaware that their containers were going to be shutdown on the 4th for good!)

Thanked by 3Winne trewq gens

Comments

• Jup. I never received any email. Suddenly I noticed that my vps was suspended. Tried opening ticket but got flagged to "refunds" and didn't get any reply. After a while I called quadranet staff who couldn't do shit. The next day I did however had a reply. Service was overdue but no new invoice. So I asked for a backup/vzdump since it was suspended. Couple days later still no answer and service got terminated. Much thanks Quadranet, and go fuck yourself.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Mathias said:
    Jup. I never received any email. Suddenly I noticed that my vps was suspended. Tried opening ticket but got flagged to "refunds" and didn't get any reply. After a while I called quadranet staff who couldn't do shit. The next day I did however had a reply. Service was overdue but no new invoice. So I asked for a backup/vzdump since it was suspended. Couple days later still no answer and service got terminated. Much thanks Quadranet, and go fuck yourself.

It would be minimal effort for them to create a dump of all VPSs they host and offer the image up for a month. Considering the size of the infrastructure they have and I'm assuming they have at least one competent coder on staff.

Would have been extremely easy to save face. They're probably going to spend more time dealing with tickets than they would have making this.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@trewq said:

Would have been extremely easy to save face. They're probably going to spend more time dealing with tickets than they would have making this.

I've got a month old ticket, not even an attempt at a response. I have a feeling they won't care much about ticket volume.

Thanked by 3trewq switsys cassa

@Harambe said:

@trewq said:

I've got a month old ticket, not even an attempt at a response. I have a feeling they won't care much about ticket volume.

Absolutely disgraceful to treat paying customers like that, which is what you are until your service is terminated. It's not difficult do go into the tickets and reply, even for 15 Min a day.

@QuadraNet_Adam Do you have any comments on the way you've handled the shut down?

• This is my situation: We are aware of the issue with MIAOVZ06 and our engineers are working on resolving the issue.

Friday, August 5, 2016

So, from that day i dont have backups... My VPS is online but i cant connect (only from console inside SolusVM, but not any way to copy files outside).

• seikanseikan Member
    edited December 2016

My only VPS with them will expire next month. I just let it idle and dying..

@Jack said:

trewq said: It would be minimal effort for them to create a dump of all VPSs they host and offer the image up for a month. Considering the size of the infrastructure they have and I'm assuming they have at least one competent coder on staff.

Literally, would take someone to login to each node and do vzdump --all and then sftp to all their nodes and move them all to a central location.

So doesn't even require a 'competent coder on staff'

Yeah, I was thinking about how you'd automate it so it would be less maintaining including emails. I'll add it to my list of things to make and put it on github so it's even easier for hosts.

• According to QuadraNet site (and especially their latest tweets), life's wonderful, weather's charming, all like that.

Thanked by 1Mathias
  • Quadranet, go fuck yourself. Did not get any response on refund ticket from a month ago

Thanked by 2switsys Mathias
  • Surprising lack of complaints, did they not shut everyone off? or maybe there actually wasn't anyone surprised.

• JoeMerit said: did they not shut everyone off?

Few instances we have monitored are still online.

• My QNET VM is still online.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

JoeMerit said: Surprising lack of complaints, did they not shut everyone off? or maybe there actually wasn't anyone surprised.

Maybe people actually acted and moved out after getting notice.

• Or since the 4th was a Sunday - maybe they are waiting until today for their normally scheduled crew to show up on the west coast in a couple hours

• never heard of this lot, are they an ex let provider?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Dead and gone.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I moved my stuff and requested a refund. Which I got. Not much else to say.

Thanked by 2GCat bersy
  • I had to laugh at the title, because that's exactly what I'm doing.

For some reason I never received the November message, just the August message that said I had until service ran out. For me, that was March and April of next year. Woke up this morning to an alert that my two VPSes with them were shutdown.

I understand their situation, but to only send out one email about the shutdown is not OK. I've received better customer service from free web services, which usually will give you a daily email the last week before shutdown.

Luckily, I've got everything backed up, but I'm still not a very happy camper.

• I have my VPS terminated today. Their email notices somehow didn't get to my inbox (not even to spam), though I see them on Email history page on their site.

To be honest, their service was really good, I can remember only one short downtime in two years. My only ticket was about their switching to managed VPS. And they promised I can use my unmanaged one "as long as I pay".

I might lose one of my GMail accounts due to this, because I used it only through VPN on above mentioned VPS.

@mikho said:

I requested mine a month ago when they announced, finally responded to the ticket today with a canned response that they'll hand them out in the next couple weeks.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Harambe said:

@mikho said:

I requested mine a month ago when they announced, finally responded to the ticket today with a canned response that they'll hand them out in the next couple weeks.

Took some time for them to respond at first.
    Got a reply that it would take some time and it did. But eventually I got the refund.

Thanked by 1Harambe

@mikho said:
    Took some time for them to respond at first.
    Got a reply that it would take some time and it did. But eventually I got the refund.

Good to know :)

• I also requested my refund on the 4th of November, still nothing...
    I think these guys are bred by fart mothers.

Thanked by 2Foul AnthonySmith
  • Well, that explains why I cannot ssh into my server today... no email notice or anything

• We're happy to accommodate anyone that needs a replacement, just PM me.

Thanked by 1edgecase
  • I also am affected. I did however get a notification and had about a month to move on. Unfortunately I chose a bad one, ChicagoVPS and now they're holding my data hostage (unresponsive support), keeping the machine null routed because somehow (1st time in 10+ years) my dovecot server (I suspect) got compromised, turning it into a spamming machine...

• @TomU said:
    I also am affected. I did however get a notification and had about a month to move on. Unfortunately I chose a bad one, ChicagoVPS and now they're holding my data hostage (unresponsive support), keeping the machine null routed because somehow (1st time in 10+ years) my dovecot server (I suspect) got compromised, turning it into a spamming machine...

Colocrossing caring about spam? As if.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @doghouch said:

@TomU said:
    I also am affected. I did however get a notification and had about a month to move on. Unfortunately I chose a bad one, ChicagoVPS and now they're holding my data hostage (unresponsive support), keeping the machine null routed because somehow (1st time in 10+ years) my dovecot server (I suspect) got compromised, turning it into a spamming machine...

Paid for by E Harmony Free Penis Enlargement Pills

Thanked by 1sin
  • @GCat said:

@doghouch said:

@TomU said:

Paid for by E Harmony Free Penis Enlargement Pills

Don't hate, Colocrossing has made my penis much bigger!

• This really is a disgraceful treatment of their customers by QuadraNet. It's already unethical to cancel these services. They should have allowed everyone's service to continue until it expired, like they promised in August. Instead they decided they couldn't afford to do as promised, which is unethical but understandable, as long as they take the proper measures to ensure customers are made aware of the situation and their data isn't destroyed all at once.

I received absolutely no notice that my server was going down. My server was under constant use, so I knew within seconds of it going down. I submitted a ticked within minutes of it going down. They didn't respond for 11 hours, telling me that all of the hard drives containing the data and backups had been physically destroyed and proceeded to blame me for losing data. Should I have kept more frequent backups? Yes. I was only backing up once a month because I never got around to automating it, so this has been a big loss. But the blame lies 100% with QuadraNet because they deliberately chose to destroy data that could easily have been salvaged without providing any notice.

They lied, telling me that I received an email from them providing notice of this event. I received no such email. I do not delete any emails. I keep track of all my filtered mail. I still have all the emails I ever received from Crissic. I would definitely have that email if it was actually sent. They said it was my fault since they supposedly sent this email out. They use an obvious lie to justify laying the blame on me. My last submission on the ticket was responded to with an automated message asking me to stop messaging them. I had only sent three total messages until that point, politely begging for them to salvage my data and even offering money for it.

The proper way to handle an event like this would be to send out that email a month in advance, then a week in advance, then three days, two, one, and a few hours before. The proper way to handle this would also include keeping backups for at least a week in case they didn't reach anyone with the emails. The decision to destroy all data with no concern for their customers is big a "fuck you" to the entire community of VPS customers. You can be sure I will never patronize QuadraNet again and will make sure word gets out of this disgusting behavior.

Thanked by 2Squyd Mathias