Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec VPS service will be discontinued
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec VPS service will be discontinued

yowmamasitayowmamasita Member
edited December 2016 in General

From [email protected]:

Dear Valued Customer,

In order to continue enhancing our service portfolio and offering competitive products, we have decided to permanently discontinue our VPS service. The service shutdown will take place at 12:01 PM (EST) on December 31, 2016, and all affected users are recommended to retrieve their data prior to this date. If you wish to continue to use Dacentec as your service provider, we recommend that you view our Dedicated Server inventory for an alternate solution. We will be offering a 50% discount on your first month of service if you choose to migrate to a dedicated server. Please email [email protected] directly in order to redeem your 50% off discount.

Dacentec is committed to customer service and satisfaction, and we will be issuing refunds to all VPS users currently on our annual billing plan – a member of our team will be reaching out to affected users with more details in the coming days.

We also have many new products and service improvements on the horizon, and we look forward to launching these new initiatives and communicating them with all customers in the upcoming months.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding. If you have any questions or feedback about your services, please contact us by replying back to this email.

Thanked by 1lazyt

Comments

• What package/plan did most people have?

Happy to help people migrate if they need an alternative.

• Sad to see this... I have 1 VPS already paid anually and contract will end only in June 2017. Does this means my VPS will me terminated? And what about the money already paied up-front?

At least they should have made this before BlackFriday... in order for me to get an alternative VPS.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

@VortexMagnus https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/67802/dacentec-1-vps-are-now-re-stocked

Edit: just realized that wasn't too helpful

$10 yearly plan for a OpenVZ 512MB RAM, 25GB HD and 1TB bandwidth.

• yowmamasitayowmamasita Member
    edited December 2016

I have a 512mb ram box with them for $10/yr. It was good for a US VPN box, it didn't allow >0.45 load for more than 5 mins else your box will be auto-restarted.

I have asked for a refund for my payment because I just renewed my plan weeks ago.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

They realized that the IPs cost more, bundled with Dedicated servers, instead on 1$ VPS.

• 512MB
    25GB HDD
    1TB
    Lenoir, North Carolina

$10/year, right? We'll get something sorted for you guys.

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Our site is only about an hour away, we still have $7 annual 512MB and $12 annual 1GB as well as $1.25 monthly 1GB.

1GB RAM - 25GB Raid 10 - 1 IPv4 - 1 IPv6 - 1.25/mo or $10/yr - Here

Thanked by 1Harambe

@AlexBarakov said:
    They realized that the IPs cost more, bundled with Dedicated servers, instead on 1$ VPS.

Pretty sure these dropped in/around the time people were scrambling to justify more IP blocks to ARIN.

Still waiting for the email that my XVMLabs 7 IPs for $5/year boxes will be cancelled/not renewed.

Thanked by 2spammy yomero
  • @Harambe said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Pretty sure these dropped in/around the time people were scrambling to justify more IP blocks to ARIN.

Still waiting for the email that my XVMLabs 7 IPs for $5/year boxes will be cancelled/not renewed.

I hope never, worked really well for me as a SSL reverse proxy

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

nqservices said: And what about the money already paied up-front?

Dacentec has always been very good about refunds.

• I'm not happy about it. :/ My Dacentec VPS was reliable and affordable (512mb ram, 25gb disc, 1usd/month (monthly payment!). Currently I disappointed in their business.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@nqservices said:
    Sad to see this... I have 1 VPS already paid anually and contract will end only in June 2017. Does this means my VPS will me terminated? And what about the money already

Any customers who has paid for the annual package will be getting a refund.

Thanked by 3spammy Foul yowmamasita
  • @dacentec said:

@nqservices said:
    Sad to see this... I have 1 VPS already paid anually and contract will end only in June 2017. Does this means my VPS will me terminated? And what about the money already

Any customers who has paid for the annual package will be getting a refund.

You (your VPS) will be missed.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

Usually when Host decided to not sell a Product any more they would keep the current customers and just not allow any new orders and then over time those customers would phase out.

If you need to Move your VPS we offer free Migration. use Promo code 25let to save 25% for the life of the plan.

Free Migration

Thanked by 1titus
  • ehh, performance and network wasn't very good anyway.

• Classic pump and dump- tried to get more IPs by offering an unsustainable service to get more IPs consumed and rumor is they're limited on IPs now. Plus their network was pretty bad which is the reason why I left. Also don't expect much help, even with something as simple as a macro, when you ask for your RTO server back.

Thanked by 2Yura Pwner
  • @doughmanes said:
    Also don't expect much help, even with something as simple as a macro, when you ask for your RTO server back.

What do you mean by macro? Dacentec is an unmanaged provider so they wouldn't really help with anything out of network and hardware issues.

@zafouhar said:
    What do you mean by macro? Dacentec is an unmanaged provider so they wouldn't really help with anything out of network and hardware issues.

Canned response in a support request

• dacentec said: Any customers who has paid for the annual package will be getting a refund.

Is that pro rata? I'm member since april. I'd love to get $3.33 back!

Thanked by 1jimmyzmli
  • dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@JasperNL said:

Is that pro rata? I'm member since april. I'd love to get $3.33 back!

Contact our sales team from your registered email and they will take care of your refund for you.

• That was an answer that I did not expect. I'd go for it!

• From us at VortexNode:

We are now offering a $6 semi-annual or $10/year package.

If you're moving from Dacentec following this, pop in a ticket after ordering with evidence of a Dacentec VPS invoice in the last 12 months and we will add an additional month of service FOC for you.

Locations: Weehawken, New Jersey & Atlanta, Georgia

Order URL: https://www.vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=46

Test IP's: 107.152.101.142 (NJ) and 69.61.82.30 (GA).

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • is this KVM?

• @ehab said:
    is this KVM?

Yes, it is.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • VortexMagnus said: From us at VortexNode:

Do you also offer auto-kills when the CPU is used excessively? That'd please me, because I then know there are no noisy neighbours.

• @JasperNL said:

VortexMagnus said: From us at VortexNode:

Do you also offer auto-kills when the CPU is used excessively? That'd please me, because I then know there are no noisy neighbours.

Also autoboot?

Thanked by 2alown JasperNL
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@titus said:
    I'm not happy about it. :/ My Dacentec VPS was reliable and affordable (512mb ram, 25gb disc, 1usd/month (monthly payment!). Currently I disappointed in their business.

That's probably part of the why... Paypal take approx 30% in fees.

Maybe time for: https://sosvps.com/ ?

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • VortexMagnus said: We are now offering a $6 semi-annual or $10/year package.

Do u accept credit card?

• @VortexMagnus IPV6 offered?

• I haven't received any mail about this.

I have an OVZ one, and wondering if the KVM offer of @VortexMagnus applies for this (or any other rescue offer, lol)