Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested in dedicated server with 250mbits port unmetered ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interested in dedicated server with 250mbits port unmetered ?

IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
edited December 2016 in General

Hello,

I am thinking about what could be an interesting dedicated offer with 250 mbit port for you guys.

Let's say a dedi like E3-1220v5 with 8GB 2TB 250 mbits unmetered.

What would you change ?

How much would you pay for this ?

Greetings

Thomas

edit : add location

Comments

• 6,99 - Can you describe about location at least?

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

If its France location , then i would say , match price like soyoustart .

I know few other provider offering 300mbit unmetered .

• 7$

• @RIYAD,is right about it, is not about the price we pay, is about the price to be between choices of ovh/online/soyoustart etc...

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@jenkki @RIYAD yes in France

Discussion edited

• CdoeCdoe Member
    edited December 2016

@Ikoula said:

Will there be port upgrade option for existing customers? If yes - do you have any pricing in mind? :-)

• would be good to get a price fo longer terms not first 1 / 3 / 6 months... give me a final discount i expect to pay all the time.

• 7$ ?

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

I am thinking about what could be an interesting dedicated offer with 250 mbit port for you guys.

Let's say a dedi like E3-1220v5 with 8GB 2TB 250 mbits unmetered.

What would you change ?

How much would you pay for this ?

Greetings

Thomas

When you will release the plan? :D

• Make it 2x2 tb disk (HBA enough, no raid card reqd) for 20Euros/m recurring.

Alternative disk config 2x240gb SSD.

I guarantee LET explodes.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2016

30-40 $ range would be great

If it contains 2*2 TB that would make it a great deal

To top that of BGP or Announcement for a small fee would be great

• I find $7 pretty low but thats me. I would pay $10-15.

• Adding a second disk would be nice. Price, dunno. Something like past online specials would generate sales guaranteed.

• The question should not be 'what would you pay for it'.

Why not work out what price point would leave you with a decent profit, taking into consideration all your costs.

• I pay 10.99 euro for this with 100mbit unmetered, so adding 150mbit of bandwidth should be an extra couple euro.. how about 12.99?

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @ehab said:
    would be good to get a price fo longer terms not first 1 / 3 / 6 months... give me a final discount i expect to pay all the time.

@Ikoula, I agree with @ehab on this.

Every single time I even bother to check your pages, I get put off by the 1/3/6 month temporary discounts. To determing whether it's a temporary discount, I need to check if there's any other price that has been struck-out etc.

Just give me a final price (including the recurring/permanent discount) so I know exactly what I'm going to pay.

The trial discounts are only good for people who want trials. At LET, we only want a final low-end recurring monthly cost that makes us jump to pull out our wallets :-)

• @JoeMerit said:
    I pay 10.99 euro for this with 100mbit unmetered, so adding 150mbit of bandwidth should be an extra couple euro.. how about 12.99?

where?

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • $15-20 would be "reasonable" for LE* people, but you shouldn't rely on us, as ultimately we're more than likely going to lowball you to get it cheaper and cut your profit margin

Thanked by 2doghouch KillaKev
  • $15

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Cdoe Honestly i don't think because those servers will probably require a special infra.

@Nekki That was intentional, i see what you mean but i prefer determine what would be an interesting server and what price we're sure it will be bought and push the idea internaly instead of announcing a not-so-nice public price.

Ps:what anime your avatar is coming from ?

@ehab @BeardyUnixGuy final price is shown but i understand it can be a little disturbing, i will ask for another layout.

@mtsbatalha no idea for now.

@vimalware i guess you're right ^^

@GCat sure but i have installed the "LET filter" i add 10$ on each price given in the thread ^^ JK, on a more serious tone i value all point of view.

Thanked by 3GCat iKeyZ netomx
  • @Ikoula, its not the layout, its the price, for us here at let we are here at let :) the best possible cheapest but highest ever specs u know... so come with a recurring price ... yes you can, thank you.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • CdoeCdoe Member
    edited December 2016

@Ikoula said:
    @Cdoe Honestly i don't think because those servers will probably require a special infra.

That's disappointing, thanks for the answer.

• make it 32gb with /29 and i will pay €35-40

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Ikoula said: Ps:what anime your avatar is coming from ?

Getter Robo

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Sixell said:

Ikoula said: Ps:what anime your avatar is coming from ?

Getter Robo

I'm impressed, not many people recognise the great Ryoma.

Thanked by 2Hax netomx
  • @Ikoula $27,5 or $30 or $35. :D

• @Sixell said:

Getter Robo

Ryoma Nagare from Getter Robo Armageddon to be exact.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2016

@Yura said:

@Sixell said:

Getter Robo

Ryoma Nagare from Getter Robo Armageddon to be exact.

Ryoma Nagare from Change!! Getter Robo: The Last Day on Earth if you really want to be exact /nerdgasm

If I have one guilty pleasure in this world, it's mecha anime. Fucking love it.

Thanked by 3Yura Scottsman netomx
  • cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

this almost sounds like what ovh/sys already offers lol