Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 6700k or 4790k server with ddos protection USA preferred.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 6700k or 4790k server with ddos protection USA preferred.

looking for a new server as my population has grown and currently hosting someone server so need to move my main server with over 100 players daily to its own box.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Im sure @mikea can figure out something :)

Francisco

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

ReliableSite is the only one I know of inside the U.S. that has the i7's, but not the K versions.

• TailorMadeServers in Dallas come to mind for i7's.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited December 2016

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=293

Oops forgot the Ddos protection part. Leaving it anyway... maybe?

Thanked by 1M_Ordinateur
  • Thanks everyone

• @MikeA said:
    ReliableSite is the only one I know of inside the U.S. that has the i7's, but not the K versions.

ReliableServers are owned by Choopa and offer the 6700K for $69.99/mo.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@MikeA said:

Yeah would have recommended that one instead of wsi...

• @FredQc said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikeA said:

Haha. Pretty sure they still have 50Gbps of protection included in that. WSI is a great shout regardless if you can live without the protection :)

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@FredQc said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikeA said:

Haha. Pretty sure they still have 50Gbps of protection included in that. WSI is a great shout regardless if you can live without the protection :)

If I remember correctly they only offer 10gbit/s protection.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited December 2016

@swain said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@FredQc said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikeA said:

If I remember correctly they only offer 10gbit/s protection.

That would be Reliable Site. I have a server with ReliableServers and it has 50Gbps of protection.

• IThinkUFailed said: That would be Reliable Site.

Yeah, ReliableSite have only 10Gbps included in base price.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited December 2016

Curious, why 6700k or 4790k? Low cost?

• never used them but Hostvenom https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1615623 has 6700K in Chicago and their order form says contact them for DDOS protection options

I got my I7 4790K from OVH black friday special for Canadian server https://community.centminmod.com/threads/ovh-intel-core-i7-4790k-32gb-2x240gb-samsung-pm863-ssd-review.9611/ but for USA based i haven't seen many options besides web hosts discussed in this trhead

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • @jon617 said:
    Curious, why 6700k or 4790k? Low cost?

Single threaded performance game need higher clock speed. Testing out Joe's data center currently

• Makes sense. Can't beat the single threaded and game performance of a desktop i7 CPU.

• If you would like we can provide a GRE tunnel out Ashburn, VA. 100Gbps for $49/mo. /29 included.

• RustyForestRustyForest Member
    edited December 2016

@EricB said:
    If you would like we can provide a GRE tunnel out Ashburn, VA. 100Gbps for $49/mo. /29 included.

what processor?