Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buying VDS for office site remote, for working part-timers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buying VDS for office site remote, for working part-timers

I am often working at 2 or 3 different clients place (part time) in a day.

So, I have to pick up from where I left off, a laptop might look easier yes, but in my case having a machine with its environment up is needed. Many apps running, and checking on health, plus its sends me text alerts etc...

1 - I was wondering if there was a difference in hosting companies while getting a VDS
2 - What should I look for when buying a VDS
3 - Or do you leave a machine running on at home and connect back to it
4 - Which tool/s do you like to use

Thanks
Nek

Do you VDS, if yes your OS flavor
  1. Linux6 votes
    1. Windows
      83.33%
    2. Chrome
        0.00%
    3. Mobile phone
        0.00%
    4. Macs
        0.00%
    5. Or do you simply connect back to your home desktop regardless of OS
      16.67%

Comments

• I used to have a Linux and Windows KVM on OVH server for remote working, but now it's easier to connect to home desktop over x2go.

• @linuxthefish said:
    I used to have a Linux and Windows KVM on OVH server for remote working, but now it's easier to connect to home desktop over x2go.

Same here and I got one in the US and one in the EU both are Windows RDP, So when I travelling I can use one of them with better latency.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Ovh have a cloud desktop, works ok.

• @pbgben said:
    Ovh have a cloud desktop, works ok.

Not a big fan of their VMWare based Cloud Desktop, A simple decent KVM VPS does the job.