Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get cheap windows vps license?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to get cheap windows vps license?

Can anyone point out providers that offer windows license to use on VPS?

Comments

• ChicagoVPS, VirMach, Hudsonvalleyhost....These ColoCrossing hosts usually provides cheap windows VPS's...

Thanked by 2vpsfast Master_Bo
  • @dedipromo said:
    ChicagoVPS, VirMach, Hudsonvalleyhost....These ColoCrossing hosts usually provides cheap windows VPS's...

I just want the license, I provide vps and I want to add the windows license.

• @vpsfast said:

@dedipromo said:
    ChicagoVPS, VirMach, Hudsonvalleyhost....These ColoCrossing hosts usually provides cheap windows VPS's...

I just want the license, I provide vps and I want to add the windows license.

There is no such thing as a VPS license when it comes to Microsoft Windows, you need a Microsoft Windows Server Standard license at the very least (Will depend on your feature requirements).

That said, providers leasing licenses from Microsoft (well, a reseller) cannot license servers that they do not have control over. So if someone is selling you a monthly leased license and isn't your VPS provider then they are breaking their terms with Microsoft.

You will need to purchase a regular Microsoft Windows license for the version you need (The retail package I believe). You could also purchase a "grey" license over on Reddit, but YMMV.

• When it comes to Windows, there's no such thing as cheap.

As for provider you'll need SPLA to get yourself properly licensed. Contact one of the SPLA resellers, there are plenty in the market.

• @vpsfast I have my own licenses and would like to use VPS , can you send me a message on the pricing and the specs

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You cannot have the license on equipment you don't own. As such you can only buy it as a subscription from your VPS provider.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • netenginetengi Member, Host Rep

need to find Plesk (virtuozzo) vps with windows. They all have a license

• @Clouvider said:
    You cannot have the license on equipment you don't own. As such you can only buy it as a subscription from your VPS provider.

What I'm looking for are license, I do not want to buy. I want to rent from any provider.

• Buy it on newegg or ebay

edited December 2016

@vpsfast said:

@Clouvider said:

What I'm looking for are license, I do not want to buy. I want to rent from any provider.

You can't. That would be as valid as the illegal keys you can buy on the Internet.

License paid on monthly bases can only be provided by your server provider who is enrolled in an SPLA program.

Hope it helps!

Thanked by 1compacta
  • Maybe Installing Hyper-V and create multiple virtual machine on a licensed windows node will be cheap compared to obtaining SPLA license for individual VM's, though i'm not sure selling this VM's are legit.

• If you are a student there are ways to get cheap or free versions of windows server.. Do not abuse the privilege though!

https://catalog.imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/Catalog/Product/42

• For selling VPS the best option is to get Windows Datacentre Edition License for your server and need not worry about VPS license on per VPS basis, usually your NOC can provide it or you may apply for SPLA Partner, it usually cots $100+ per CPU, so if you have a dual CPU server it will cost you $200+ per server but you can sell unlimited Windows VPS on that server without paying for individual Windows license

Thanked by 1vpsfast
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

get set up with microsoft with spla and then you can put data center version on the server and then have as many windows vps that you want

• I usually install pirated Windows version so I need no license for my VPS LOL....

• @Juraganet said:
    I usually install pirated Windows version so I need no license for my VPS LOL....

Or you can install the Windows Trial Version, i hope using trial version is not illegal like pirated version

• @Clouvider said:

@vpsfast said:

@Clouvider said:

You can't. That would be as valid as the illegal keys you can buy on the Internet.

License paid on monthly bases can only be provided by your server provider who is enrolled in an SPLA program.

Hope it helps!

Yep bloody stupid isn't it!

You'd think they'd want to make it as easy as possible to run a licensed copy of windows, but nope.

@dragon2611 said:

@Clouvider said:

@vpsfast said:

@Clouvider said:

Hope it helps!

Yep bloody stupid isn't it!

You'd think they'd want to make it as easy as possible to run a licensed copy of windows, but nope.

They own the rights they can do whatever they want ;-)