Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostodo - The best support ever (yes it's sarcasm)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostodo - The best support ever (yes it's sarcasm)

at first i don't really want to do this but this is so bad

i purchased a server annually there with the so called asia optimized IP

but i ddn't receive any networking on my server, so i contacted them

i opened ticket at 11/23/2016

they replied at next day (awesome speed indeed)

they just offer me to reinstall the server, fine they reinstalled it (and yes, 1 day each conversation reply)

the issue still not fixed though, so i told them about it, no reply..

then i try to poke them back after few days, and got a reply "There was an issue with Asian IP network. I'm still checking with DC."

up until now my server still hanging there, totally useless
a
and yeah, ignoring my every reply after that

Too bad they mentioned no refund at VPS services

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

What DC do they use? By their reply it seems like it's a problem with the range that's out of their control.

• Response time is 1-2 days. They offered me 7 day money back guarantee via email. Already requested 16 hours after purchase with no response. I intend to challenge with Paypal AND American Express tomorrow evening if no one responds.

• Their KVM is not true KVM as well, unable to update Kernel....

• cheapwebdev said: Their KVM is not true KVM as well, unable to update Kernel....

This sounds a bit strange, please explain.

• @FrankZ said:

cheapwebdev said: Their KVM is not true KVM as well, unable to update Kernel....

Because he can't do it himself via apt he assumes it's not "real KVM "

• @ATHK said:

@FrankZ said:

cheapwebdev said: Their KVM is not true KVM as well, unable to update Kernel....

Because he can't do it himself via apt he assumes it's not "real KVM "

Hahahahahahah

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Very simple. He tried selling this off awhile ago. No one offered enough for his retirement so he is holding on cant be arsed until he can fuck off with GoodHosting to Hawaii

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2016

ATHK said: Because he can't do it himself via apt he assumes it's not "real KVM "

So in other words he's a non technical cunt ™ trying to cause problems for the provider.

EDIT: fixed

• @FrankZ said:

ATHK said: Because he can't do it himself via apt he assumes it's not "real KVM "

So in other words he's a cunt ™ trying to cause problems for the provider.

He isn't technical so give him a break :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Ha ha very very....Hahahahahahah

• @FrankZ said:

I have as much control over the KVM vps as the OpenVZ vps.. beyond that, nothing more. For example, I can't even update the kernel. When attempting to install non-Linux OS, server has issues and won't start up as if it went full retard.

• I saw your PM. Let me clarify... all non-Linux installs failed.. and quickly. When trying to upgrade linux to 16.04 from 14.04 on their VPS, it would upgrade successfully. Then after the reboot, I wouldn't be able to log in, the server would automatically deny ALL connections on base installation.

• @cheapwebdev said:
    I saw your PM. Let me clarify... all non-Linux installs failed.. and quickly. When trying to upgrade linux to 16.04 from 14.04 on their VPS, it would upgrade successfully. Then after the reboot, I wouldn't be able to log in, the server would automatically deny ALL connections on base installation.

Are you trying to login as root? On Ubuntu 16.04 the ssh config is changed to prohibit-password for root.

• @cheapwebdev said:
    I saw your PM. Let me clarify... all non-Linux installs failed.. and quickly. When trying to upgrade linux to 16.04 from 14.04 on their VPS, it would upgrade successfully. Then after the reboot, I wouldn't be able to log in, the server would automatically deny ALL connections on base installation.

That doesn't mean it's not KVM...

Thanked by 2sin FrankZ
  • thank for the info, it took time to resist their offers...

ignoring tickets is really bad gesture, make wise choice next time

• @cheapwebdev said:

That's not called "upgrading the kernel".

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited December 2016

[removed]

• @teamacc said:

@cheapwebdev said:

Well aware, I wanted to upgrade kernel as it did not upgrade on version 14.04... maybe it was a version issue. No idea....

All the commands I tried referenced online, followed by reboot did not change kernel versions. Maybe you can give me a few steps on what I should be doing to see if I already tried what you are assuming I have not tried.

• This did not work. I think Host is not selling true KVMs... It worked fine on another KVM server so convinced this may be a host issue.

• seilentseilent Member
    edited December 2016

@cheapwebdev said:
    Already requested 16 hours after purchase with no response. I intend to challenge with Paypal AND American Express tomorrow evening if no one responds.

please let me know if you can made it through PayPal, as i have feeling that they're trying to stall about refund then say "it's already more than 7 days" (´・ω・`)

• I've had decent service from HostODO, even if I am on day 3 of a cancellation/repurpose ticket since the OpenVZ host i/o was so contentious as to be virtually useless for anything that couldn't be handled from RAM. Trying to keep service with them, as Hassan was good to me and gave me what I initially asked for with the OpenVZ host.. I asked that host be converted to a KVM, but I may just cancel that at this point.

• i purchase a openvz at las vegas, in first few day it's running fine, but after that dates, my vps slow, delay, can't visit, even ssh connect doesn't work. now my vps hanging,yesterday open ticket and enven now not solved. my website have not backup to my local yet. very sadly.
    hostodo is a evil provider.

• @cheapwebdev said:

@teamacc said:

@cheapwebdev said:

Well aware, I wanted to upgrade kernel as it did not upgrade on version 14.04... maybe it was a version issue. No idea....

All the commands I tried referenced online, followed by reboot did not change kernel versions. Maybe you can give me a few steps on what I should be doing to see if I already tried what you are assuming I have not tried.

@cheapwebdev said:

@teamacc said:

@cheapwebdev said:

localhost# apt-get -t jessie-backports upgrade linux-image-amd64
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      libasprintf0c2 libuuid-perl
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      firmware-linux-free irqbalance libnuma1 linux-image-4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
    The following packages have been kept back:
      ifupdown libsystemd0 libudev1 pinentry-gtk2 python-debianbts
      python-reportbug reportbug rsyslog systemd udev
    The following packages will be upgraded:
      linux-image-amd64
    1 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
    Need to get 37.9 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 180 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Then, use dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc to change your default kernel as required. Diff-E-Cult.

• (reboot)

localhost# free
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:        246280     238548       7732       4444       9808     167180
    -/+ buffers/cache:      61560     184720
    Swap:            0          0          0
    localhost# uname -srm
    Linux 4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 x86_64
    localhost# dd if=/dev/zero of=/opt/swap bs=1024k count=512
    512+0 records in
    512+0 records out
    536870912 bytes (537 MB) copied, 12.2023 s, 44.0 MB/s
    localhost# mkswap /opt/swap
    Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 524284 KiB
    no label, UUID=9dbb8d3e-f5bf-4838-8d10-bde1866c0ae9
    localhost# chown root:root /opt/swap
    localhost# chmod 600 /opt/swap
    localhost# swapon /opt/swap
    localhost# free
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:        246280     242468       3812       4444       9404     172128
    -/+ buffers/cache:      60936     185344
    Swap:       524284          0     524284
    localhost#
  • @WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@teamacc said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@teamacc said:

@cheapwebdev said:

localhost# apt-get -t jessie-backports upgrade linux-image-amd64
    > Reading package lists... Done
    > Building dependency tree       
    > Reading state information... Done
    > Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    >   libasprintf0c2 libuuid-perl
    > Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    > Done
    > The following NEW packages will be installed:
    >   firmware-linux-free irqbalance libnuma1 linux-image-4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
    > The following packages have been kept back:
    >   ifupdown libsystemd0 libudev1 pinentry-gtk2 python-debianbts
    >   python-reportbug reportbug rsyslog systemd udev
    > The following packages will be upgraded:
    >   linux-image-amd64
    > 1 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
    > Need to get 37.9 MB of archives.
    > After this operation, 180 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    > Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Then, use dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc to change your default kernel as required. Diff-E-Cult.

I want to thank you for this post. My networkpresence vps was booting using grub 1.0 it seems, so kernel upgrades werent applied on boot. Upgrading grub did the trick.

• agree. their after-sales support is worst. i think this so-called hostodo is run only by one person. thats why they cannot respond to the customer's ticket immediately

• Terrible company. I have in writing they would honor 7 day refund policy (offer given by email in writing). After asking for it on day 1 for about 3 weeks, they refused saying they do not do refunds.

Do not buy anything from Hostodo, regardless of price. Amex is taking over for me at this point.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@cheapwebdev said:
    Terrible company. I have in writing they would honor 7 day refund policy (offer given by email in writing). After asking for it on day 1 for about 3 weeks, they refused saying they do not do refunds.

Do not buy anything from Hostodo, regardless of price. Amex is taking over for me at this point.

Ticket #?