Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Looking for a small VPS for a PiHole sort of thingy
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Looking for a small VPS for a PiHole sort of thingy

Hello,

I'm looking for a small VPS in NL, UK or Germany (need to have under 10ms ping to the server from my home). Ping to google's DNS are ~3-4ms.

Don't need anything fancy, single core shared CPU will do the job just fine, 128MB RAM is enough and about 5GB disk space, won't be using much data, so 50GB traffic should be more than enough already.

Looking to pay quarterly, not more than $5/3months

Comments

  • I think @QuadHost had something that might fit this

    Thanked by 1quadhost
  • @rocket said:
    I think @QuadHost had something that might fit this

    Looks great, although I don't need that many resources. Maybe @QuadHost can make me a great offer?

  • quadhostquadhost Member, Provider

    Is it KVM/OVZ you are after?

    Get our US, UK or BG 512mb KVM VPS w/ 2 vCPU's, 512mb RAM, 20GB Storage, 750G bandwidth, 1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 for only £2/m!
    Monthly payment cycle, discounted upto a year, savings applied at checkout stage. Additional IPv4's available for £0.50 per month!

  • @quadhost said:
    Is it KVM/OVZ you are after?

    Just OVZ.

  • quadhostquadhost Member, Provider
    edited November 2016

    We have our 128mb OVZ package...

    128mb OVZ

    Single Core,

    128mb RAM,

    256mb SWAP,

    20gb RAID Storage,

    250gb Premium Bandwidth,

    1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 Subnet

    Unmanaged

    London, Varna, Pune or Singapore

    £1.25/m or £12/year. Yes stock is limited (no PM's for more stock will be added/responded to), it isn't listed on the site and is being retired for new orders once sold out.

    Thanked by 2BlazeMuis vimalware

    Get our US, UK or BG 512mb KVM VPS w/ 2 vCPU's, 512mb RAM, 20GB Storage, 750G bandwidth, 1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 for only £2/m!
    Monthly payment cycle, discounted upto a year, savings applied at checkout stage. Additional IPv4's available for £0.50 per month!

  • @quadhost said:
    We have our 128mb OVZ package...

    128mb OVZ

    Single Core,

    128mb RAM,

    256mb SWAP,

    20gb RAID Storage,

    250gb Premium Bandwidth,

    1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 Subnet

    Unmanaged

    London, Varna, Pune or Singapore

    £1.25/m or £12/year. Yes stock is limited (no PM's for more stock will be added/responded to), it isn't listed on the site and is being retired for new orders once sold out.

    The credit card details you entered were declined. Please try a different card or contact support.

    Well this sucks.. It's a new mastercard -.-

    Seems like I gotta call my bank once again because of the currency I guess.

  • quadhostquadhost Member, Provider

    joodle said: Seems like I gotta call my bank once again because of the currency I guess.

    We have had similar problems paying EUR invoices in the past. Feel free to give us a shout if you need any assistance.

    Get our US, UK or BG 512mb KVM VPS w/ 2 vCPU's, 512mb RAM, 20GB Storage, 750G bandwidth, 1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 for only £2/m!
    Monthly payment cycle, discounted upto a year, savings applied at checkout stage. Additional IPv4's available for £0.50 per month!

  • @quadhost said:
    We have our 128mb OVZ package...

    128mb OVZ

    Single Core,

    128mb RAM,

    256mb SWAP,

    20gb RAID Storage,

    250gb Premium Bandwidth,

    1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 Subnet

    Unmanaged

    London, Varna, Pune or Singapore

    £1.25/m or £12/year. Yes stock is limited

    Much thanks.
    My BlackFriday wishlist is now complete. (SG and Pune private vpn)

    Thanked by 1quadhost

    Tired of LET scams?
    A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

  • @quadhost said:
    We have our 128mb OVZ package...

    128mb OVZ

    Single Core,

    128mb RAM,

    256mb SWAP,

    20gb RAID Storage,

    250gb Premium Bandwidth,

    1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 Subnet

    Unmanaged

    London, Varna, Pune or Singapore

    £1.25/m or £12/year. Yes stock is limited (no PM's for more stock will be added/responded to), it isn't listed on the site and is being retired for new orders once sold out.

    That was quite cheap for singapore location complete with IPv4

    Thanked by 1quadhost
  • Hi mate you can check out our vps package

    https://golden-hosts.com/billing/cart.php?gid=17

  • Arubacloud?

    Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • quadhostquadhost Member, Provider

    vimalware said: Much thanks.

    Anytime.

    brian777 said: That was quite cheap for singapore location complete with IPv4

    Thanks for the feedback!

    Get our US, UK or BG 512mb KVM VPS w/ 2 vCPU's, 512mb RAM, 20GB Storage, 750G bandwidth, 1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 for only £2/m!
    Monthly payment cycle, discounted upto a year, savings applied at checkout stage. Additional IPv4's available for £0.50 per month!

  • @joodle said:
    Hello,

    I'm looking for a small VPS in NL, UK or Germany (need to have under 10ms ping to the server from my home). Ping to google's DNS are ~3-4ms.

    Don't need anything fancy, single core shared CPU will do the job just fine, 128MB RAM is enough and about 5GB disk space, won't be using much data, so 50GB traffic should be more than enough already.

    Looking to pay quarterly, not more than $5/3months

    http://www.openresolver.com/?ip=94.177.230.107

    Hello, my name is Cloromorpho and i am a LEB addict.

  • @cloromorpho said:

    @joodle said:
    Hello,

    I'm looking for a small VPS in NL, UK or Germany (need to have under 10ms ping to the server from my home). Ping to google's DNS are ~3-4ms.

    Don't need anything fancy, single core shared CPU will do the job just fine, 128MB RAM is enough and about 5GB disk space, won't be using much data, so 50GB traffic should be more than enough already.

    Looking to pay quarterly, not more than $5/3months

    http://www.openresolver.com/?ip=94.177.230.107

    is it rate limited or something?

    Hello, my name is Cloromorpho and i am a LEB addict.

  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Provider
    edited January 2017

    We can do something in London, UK for you. yearly payment though.
    OpenVZ

    128mb ddr3 RAM

    1vcore

    15GB DISK SPACE

    50GB BW @ 100mbit port.

    $10/year

    1xIPv4

  • We could also offer you the following:

    512mb - DDR4 RAM

    1vCore - 3.6Ghz

    10GB Raid10 HDD

    300GB BW @ 500mbit port.

    $18/year

    1xIPv4

    I also run a piHole server on our network so could help with setup and locking it down so it's not used for amplification.

    Let me know OP as our UK server is not publicly advertised until early next week

    [ www.PioHost.co.uk ] - [ Shared, VPS & Dedicated Server Hosting - UK ]

  • I already got what I want. Thanks for the offers though.

  • Don't know what pihole is, but if it doesn't need dedicated ipv4, i83 and lowendspirit.com both have very affordable NAT/ipv6 plans with about the amount of resources you want.

    #lexit spread the word.

  • @willie said:
    Don't know what pihole is, but if it doesn't need dedicated ipv4, i83 and lowendspirit.com both have very affordable NAT/ipv6 plans with about the amount of resources you want.

    Basically ad-blocking DNS that most people run on a Raspberry Pi

    Thanked by 1willie
  • or wishosting 256mb for $2.99 nat-ipv4

  • @Willie Little diagram I tossed up (enjoy the MS-Paint:

    Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Is pi-hole work on openvz?

  • @mov3 said:
    Is pi-hole work on openvz?

    It's not an OS, it's a script and it runs on many different linux distros.

    Personal consultant to OP's Mom™

  • mov3mov3 Member
    edited January 2017

    @user123 said:

    @mov3 said:
    Is pi-hole work on openvz?

    It's not an OS, it's a script and it runs on many different linux distros.


    Openvz: I tried install on centos, but not success.
    KVM: I success installed.
  • @mov3 said:

    @user123 said:

    @mov3 said:
    Is pi-hole work on openvz?

    It's not an OS, it's a script and it runs on many different linux distros.


    Openvz: I tried install on centos, but not success.
    KVM: I success installed.

    It works fine on LXC, however, I found CentOS doesn't play too well with pihole so I switched to Debian for it.

    [ www.PioHost.co.uk ] - [ Shared, VPS & Dedicated Server Hosting - UK ]

  • Yeah, I got my PiHole working on CentOS 6 after chatting with the PiHole team and them sending me custom commands to run

  • joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
  • @joodle is your ad blocking DNS able to fully block all youtube ads? I have a pihole installation and it blocks some youtube ads but not all of them

  • @ethancedrik said:
    @joodle is your ad blocking DNS able to fully block all youtube ads? I have a pihole installation and it blocks some youtube ads but not all of them

    No, because YouTube keeps adding new domains/subdomains to serve ads.

  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

    Yeah, sadly enough they seem to all be (something).googlevideo.com, such as r6---sn-vgqs7ns7.googlevideo.com for example, I wonder if you could do a wildcard block on *.googlevideo.com but I'm afraid that would block other non-ad content, but as far as I'm aware PiHole doesn't support that yet

  • @ethancedrik said:
    Yeah, sadly enough they seem to all be (something).googlevideo.com, such as r6---sn-vgqs7ns7.googlevideo.com for example, I wonder if you could do a wildcard block on *.googlevideo.com but I'm afraid that would block other non-ad content

    That would block YouTube video's.

  • Centos is garbage

    MzunguHosting - Affordable Africa hosting - http://mzunguhosting.ml || https://cyph3r.cf/

  • @Cyph3r said:
    Centos is garbage

    does this include redhat?

    • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
    • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
  • I have installed the Pi-hole shit on an OVH Public cloud server which has a /27, /28 and a /30 routed on it.

    It works fine, however Pi-hole is binding to all those addresses, even if I stated which address to use... Searched for an answer on google and on their website with no success.

    Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

  • @FredQc said:
    I have installed the Pi-hole shit on an OVH Public cloud server which has a /27, /28 and a /30 routed on it.

    It works fine, however Pi-hole is binding to all those addresses, even if I stated which address to use... Searched for an answer on google and on their website with no success.

    Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

    maybe contact them

  • Post it here, https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/issues/ include details like OS version, etc.

    Thanked by 1FredQc
  • robinjoo1 said: maybe contact them

    Yeah

    ethancedrik said: Post it here

    Will do it for sure if I can't resolve this situation soon...

    However, I just found how to change the admin area IP with lighttpd.conf

  • @FredQc said:
    I have installed the Pi-hole shit on an OVH Public cloud server which has a /27, /28 and a /30 routed on it.

    It works fine, however Pi-hole is binding to all those addresses, even if I stated which address to use... Searched for an answer on google and on their website with no success.

    Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

    I found the solution :

    You have to manually edit /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf and configure PIHOLE_INTERFACE to whatever the interface you want it to bind. It is eth0 by default even if you specified the IP on setup time.

    Then repair the Pi-hole shit with this command : pihole -r Just restart the dns won't do it.

    Flush your DNS on your client and it works

    Hopes this help someone ;-)

Sign In or Register to comment.