Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

speedykvm No reason to issue a refund.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

speedykvm No reason to issue a refund.

superbabysuperbaby Member
edited November 2016 in General

Hi, everybody.

I received a speedykvm sent today from Cyber Monday Promotions, I purchased an annual payment of $ 96, shortly after I received the VPS installation complete the information, after an hour ,,,,, I Received a paypal refund message, I do not know why this is, I try to login my account and found that my account has been deleted, there is no reason, only because of my information, why?

I try to send them a ticket, but they have no reason to close the ticket and do not have any reply. I have not been explained at present.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited November 2016

@superbaby said:
    Hi, everybody.

I received a speedykvm sent today from Cyber Monday Promotions, I purchased an annual payment of $ 96, shortly after I received the VPS installation complete the information, after an hour ,,,,, I Received a paypal refund message, I do not know why this is, I try to login my account and found that my account has been deleted, there is no reason, only because of my information, the country selected is China, All my information is correct, just because I am a Chinese, so the refund and delete the account? Just because I am Chinese, is Asian, is yellow skin, do not accept us?

And nothing of value was lost. Just move on to someone who'd want you as a client.

Just like you had the right to buy a publicly advertised service from the host, s/he was well within her/his rights to refuse service by issuing a full refund.

So, there is nothing to get so obsessed with, or make a huge fuss about.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM nhocconan
  • try to buy their service without Cyber Monday Promotions if they will reject you as client

• That's not true. Probably they think the information you provided is fake or not accurate enough.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

We host customers from all over the world. If your order was cancelled and refunded, then you must be at high risk for fraud. We don't cancell orders unless there is a significant reason.

• superbabysuperbaby Member
    edited November 2016

@K4Y5 said:

@superbaby said:
    Hi, everybody.

I received a speedykvm sent today from Cyber Monday Promotions, I purchased an annual payment of $ 96, shortly after I received the VPS installation complete the information, after an hour ,,,,, I Received a paypal refund message, I do not know why this is, I try to login my account and found that my account has been deleted, there is no reason, only because of my information, the country selected is China, All my information is correct, just because I am a Chinese, so the refund and delete the account? Just because I am Chinese, is Asian, is yellow skin, do not accept us?

And nothing of value was lost. Just move on to someone who'd want you as a client.

Just like you had the right to buy a publicly advertised service from the host, s/he was well within her/his rights to refuse service by issuing a full refund.

So, there is nothing to get so obsessed with, or make a huge fuss about.

I know that the refund decision comes from them, but it does not seem to explain that they are racially discriminatory.

EDIT by @jarland: Unfounded accusations of racism will NOT be tolerated.

• @superbaby said:
    only because of my information, the country selected is China

How did you determine this was the sole factor?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited November 2016

I don't have white skin but I'm a happy speedykvm customer.

That being said you are really not helping by proudly showing off how much of a troublesome problem customer you are.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ucxo
  • Is there any specific evidence (tickets, e-mail communications, etc.) showing that they reject you as a client due to the nationality? I've only heard of OVH blocking Chinese (and probably Vietnamese) customers.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I feel your pain, my bank discrimates against me for my race all of the time and it has nothing to do with me not wearing pants.

• Hello superbaby,

The Low End Political Correctness Board responded to your enquiry:

@superbaby said:

there is no reason, only because of my information, the country selected is China, All my information is correct, just because I am a Chinese, so the refund and delete the account?

No.

Just because I am Chinese, is Asian, is yellow skin, do not accept us?

No.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

LOL you have no clue what is racial discrimination . Only thing thats sucks is that i had to read this thread.

• busbrbusbr Member
    edited November 2016

Joking aside, your country may be a factor of the decision (provider's or MaxMind's or whatever fraud checker's), but your race absolutely is not. If I am a provider and 60% of the my fraud orders are from North Dakota and 80% of the IP replacement requests are from Ireland, I would take a second look at those orders no matter how white their peoples are, and might as well as reject business from these places as they are high risk (which absolutely does not mean that everybody is bad).

Just don't take it personally. You seem like a nice guy, but maybe SpeedyKVM/MaxMind just decided that your order looked like those of their former unlovely customers, they thought that it might be too dangerous to do business with you and would just like to avoid the trouble. Just statistics, no color, no race. 宁可错杀一千.

Rants over.

• SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: If your order was cancelled and refunded, then you must be at high risk for fraud. We don't cancel orders unless there is a significant reason.

You can tell exactly what's the problem in this particular situation

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We are an HK based company and I would also follow in SpeedyKVM's decission to refund and cancel your order. And that would have nothing to do with the fact you are Chinese. I too am of 'yellow skin'.

No, the reason I would cancel the order is simply to avoid the childish attitude you seem to have. You cry racism without any basis. Trouble I would rather avoid.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ucxo
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

jenkki said: You can tell exactly what's the problem in this particular situation

That would require knowing the identity of this client. Client has not opened a support ticket to enquire why our automation might have kicked out his order.

• This is a ban for the OP, right? Unfounded accusations of racism shouldn't be tolerated.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM jar
  • Splendor in the Grass, why unrequited love a flower .
    Mjj loc.

• superbaby said: just because I am a Chinese, so the refund and delete the account? Just because I am Chinese, is Asian, is yellow skin, do not accept us?

Just explain the facts, you just losje credibility when try to increase something..
    Did you at least tried to talk with them?

• @Nekki said:
    This is a ban for the OP, right? Unfounded accusations of racism shouldn't be tolerated.

Would probably make a new account and say that LET is racist but this should be a warning at least in my opinion.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nekki said: Unfounded accusations of racism shouldn't be tolerated.

Yes. This is worthy of a warning. If a host is displaying racism then I will stand back and let everyone protest loudly. Attempting to claim racism with no supporting data, just to get revenge, is an insult to everyone around the world who actually suffers from racial discrimination. I will not have it. You have been warned @superbaby.

Thanked by 3sin simonindia ucxo