Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to search and replace text in bulk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to search and replace text in bulk?

Hi everyone,

I know this is not directly related with hosting, but I really need help to on this. So I hope people don’t mind for me to post this here and if you can help, it would be great!

I have a client that gave me one list in Excel with their quotes from past years and now I have to organize it by renaming some values on the list as the example I leave bellow:

List Example:
2014-22-06-DEP-SAC-IX-123456
2014-22-06-DEP-SEC-IX-123457
2014-22-06-DEP-SUC-IX-123458

What I need to do is to find and replace all values like for example “SAC” to “NEW-SAC”.

This is easy to do with Excel or even the Windows Text Editor….for one or a few terms. But the problem is that this are huge lists and I have to find a replace almost 500 terms.

Making it manually one by one in Excel will take many hours and this is something I will need to do to other clients in the future.

What I need is a tool or a way where I can add multiple terms in bulk and then replace all then at once.

So does anyone knows a way to do this in a fast way? Any software, online tool, etc..?

Thanks

Comments