Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good vps for mail in Europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good vps for mail in Europe?

I have a vps with Edis in the US that I've been using for email. But I just blew it getting to careless. I was going to upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04. But the upgrade crashed and I can't access it now. And when I wanted to do an extra check of my backup before reinstall I noticed that one of the archive files where corrupted.

Anyway, as I live in Europe I've been thinking about moving it here for a while. So I might as well set up a new one here while waiting for Edis to see if they can help with a new backup.
But where should I place it? I'm curious about Edis Icelandic location. It's only 100Mbit and 1TB traffic, but this is a pretty low traffic email server. Most of my emails go with Google or mxroute instead. This is mostly when I want more control over filtering for instance.

Hence I'm curious to know more about peoples experiences with Edis in Iceland. Are there any other locations that can be interesting to look closer at for around 8 EUR/month?

Comments

• Hi there,

What are the specs you are looking for to run your mail server? Is Germany a good option for you?

• Nothing fancy really. Got 512 MB RAM and 50 GB disk on my Edis machine. But I could probably do with 20GB or so. As long as it's a fairly 'clean' network for the around 10 emails I send and 30 I receive in a week I'm ok.

• @Aene Let me know if this custom quote works for you :)

1 VCore @ 3.4Ghz
    512 MB RAM DDR4
    512MB Swap
    50 GB HDD Raid protected
    1 IPv4
    1TB BW/m
    $5.95 USD/m ~ 5.59 EUR/m
    If it works, send me a PM so I can give you the order link.

• I think digitalocean's $5 plan could be a good choice. They have London, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt locations and they automatically set up PTR records which is great.

• How about a "small" Cloud VPS from Arubacloud?

1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, 2TB data transfer, 1 EUR/month, available in Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France and Czech.

• Hi,

I recommend you: www.adw.es

The vps are solid as a rock. I have one there.

Regards,