Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB/LET Policy on PROVIDERS Lying about who they are? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB/LET Policy on PROVIDERS Lying about who they are?

Comments

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited April 2013

@MannDude said: What the story with HostRail? 2004 was a long time ago and I don't know the details.

2004 is one of their jokes, Hostfail came to life late 2010, they've got a well known story :D
    http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=hostrail&searchsubmit=Find

• @Spirit said: Huh? It started in 2011.

Ah, nevermind. I was skimming the thread and saw the image Intcs posted that showed a 2004 copyright date. Didn't realize it was 2004-2010 at the time. My bad.

• marcmmarcm Member

@Spirit said: he got angry, ddosed LEB, etc, etc.. funny saga.

LET needs hardware DDoS mitigation.

• LET needs hardware DDoS mitigation.

Yeah cause CC I don't believe has any real DDoS service/ability.

• Time for the comment that started the last ban party I partook in:

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist."

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

Hostrail was a good provider, to bad the owner had a malicious intent with the falsified company.

Only on LET could a hosting "company" run by an owner that "had a malicious intent with the falsified company." be called a good provider. I'm assuming that Hostrail's owner made friends easily on forums and was a friendly guy since that seems to be one of the main criteria many people use when they call a host a good provider (frequent downtimes, inept support, doesn't matter because he's a friendly poster and very active on the boards [sarcasm])

CC

Creative Commons?
    (CC) Carbon Copy -email function?
    TLD for Cocos Islands?

Those are the only important things I can think of with those initials.

EDIT:

awesome, 20% off any purchase!!!! :P

• @DomainBop, CC = Colocrossing.

• Damnit where's Rus Foster?

• @wdq said: I'm a Nigerian prince who has $77 million in my bank account that I need to transfer out of my country. I will wire it to you once you PM me your bank account information.

I am gonna report you to admin gods LMAO

• KrisKris Member
    edited April 2013

@pubcrawler said: Time for the comment that started the last ban party I partook in:

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist."

I'll see you in a couple of weeks then?

Exits stage left

• Wasn't there a drinking game included in this? Take a shot everytime PubCrawler gets banned?

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited April 2013

I need my weekend bans... Otherwise it cuts into my researching.

I just can't for the life of me figure out who Adam Ng, Adam Jackson or Nick Petersen is... Then again, throwing a new 4th name on that heap (Kevin something) really shows some multiple personality disorder.

I mean I can follow that Nick Petersen = Adam Jack which is abbreviated from Adam Jackson and that was VPSLATCH.net. Sound right Kev?

Adam Jack on the domain registration, Adam Jackson on the PR release.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2013

0_0

• Can I get a tl;dr version of this thread? I'm confused as hell.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@MrObvious said: Can I get a tl;dr version of this thread? I'm confused as hell.

This about sums it up.

• marcmmarcm Member

Most people here hide behind anonymity and a VPN or a tunnel. So what's the point of this thread?

• [CONFIDENTIAL] Recent picture of @pubcrawler: http://i.imgur.com/VqUmafS.jpg

• bnmklbnmkl Member

Haha @peppr !

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

wow, give me back my 5 minutes reading of NOTHING

• @netomx said: give me back my 5 minutes reading of NOTHING

Take 30 instead...

• Most people here hide behind anonymity and a VPN or a tunnel.

That might be true about end users... Kind of necessary considering.

But we are speaking about providers concocting fake names, operating companies there under and having other folks front the company and assumed names for support. Oh yeah and what appears to be a made up human that has bounced between two active providers on here. And said human and his current employer are distinguished banned folks on WHT for rule bending. At least the kid isn't a minor any longer.

The puzzle is pretty well spelled out above. Don't be lazy.

Sadly those involved are involved in much more..

@serverian, funny :)

• @pubcrawler please spare us some time, just tell us who is Constantinos?

• No Constantinos in this mixup @rds100... But I believe that would be the HostRail guy and who was finger banged for the DDoS on LEB/LET and WHT :)

• Wait, wasn't Constantinos the hostrail guy? I'm confused.

• Right @rds100, Hostrail = Constantinous. Uninvolved in the current thing. So are the other typical legends.

• Then i honestly have no idea who is this all about. Please tell us :)

• Can I buy weed from you @pubcrawler

• Sorry bud, I don't smoke or drink. But I do meditate.

• @MrObvious said: Can I get a tl;dr version of this thread? I'm confused as hell.

Any particular reason folks are too scared to just openly say the answer to this puzzle? Put together the data given, and get that Kevin Hillstrand of CVPS is actually Adam of VPSLatch.

This discussion has been closed.