Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

LEB/LET Policy on PROVIDERS Lying about who they are?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

LEB/LET Policy on PROVIDERS Lying about who they are?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited April 2013 in General

So, what's the policy around here when we have prominent company representative lying about who he is?

Mind you, this is where the person is a former dead pooler, banned on WHT, etc.

Comments

• vote off the island?

• Nah, liars are always spotted right away by LET.

• Lynch law

• @pubcrawler Why you have to out me man I had the whole world thinking I was dead. Even Apple thought I was gone. I had peace and quiet. Now you have gone and ruined it. :P

The Bun | Primary DNS | Small Web <--- Do not ask questions, just go for it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

LET is a community site, to many rules will destroy it and make people complain even more, if it offends you call them out on it, no 'rule' against that :)

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• Forget about policies. If you think you know something - share it. We will either learn something or have a laugh. Or both.

-

• ChanChan Member

Sometimes I wonder whether @DewlanceVPS is really Dewlance from DewlanceVPS, he doesn't show much common sense here but yet somehow he's able to run a VPS company?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

@pubcrawler said: So, what's the policy around here when we have prominent company representative lying about who he is?

Mind you, this is where the person is a former dead pooler, banned on WHT, etc.

Who is it?

• wdqwdq Member

I'm a Nigerian prince who has $77 million in my bank account that I need to transfer out of my country. I will wire it to you once you PM me your bank account information.

• @pubcrawler Out with man, inquiring minds wish to know.

• DerekDerek Member

I'm a Nigerian prince who has $77 million in my bank account that I need to transfer out of my country. I will wire it to you once you PM me your bank account information.

Deal, PM Sent.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
      edited April 2013

Post proof and we'll take care of it

• @wdq said: I'm a Nigerian prince who has $77 million in my bank account that I need to transfer out of my country. I will wire it to you once you PM me your bank account information.

I got an email from Nigerian prince, and that one had only 900k or something. Damn this recession!

• @wdq said: I'm a Nigerian prince who has $77 million in my bank account

Whr have you been? looking for you ever since i read your kind email in netscape navigator. btw still same 77m only? Never thought of irrigation/harvest all this while?

• edited April 2013

So you found out I was actually two midgets stacked up in a trench coat?

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
    • jarjar Provider

@rds100 said: Forget about policies. If you think you know something - share it. We will either learn something or have a laugh. Or both.

This.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
      edited April 2013

I'm a girl and I have boobs.

/Sarcasm.

You who is it?

The Original Daniel.

• Oh, I've been dropping rabbit trails.

Check my comments from earlier today. Who can figure it out?

• jarjar Provider

@pubcrawler said: Check my comments from earlier today. Who can figure it out?

Too vague. I've got all these pitchforks and nothing to do with them.

• @pubcrawler said: Oh, I've been dropping rabbit trails.

Without checking anything out I would put my bet on CVPS....
      just because of the history between you two :)

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
      96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

• ->>>former dead pooler, banned on WHT, etc.

• @24khost said: ->>>former dead pooler, banned on WHT, etc.

Yeah, that narrows it down to ~40 people.

• jarjar Provider
      edited April 2013

@Damian said: Yeah, that narrows it down to *40 people.

Fixed that for you.

• That's not a one man job @Mun.

>

Now Chris and Biloholowskyj that's a single operator doable task.

• CoreyCorey Member, Provider

@pubcrawler said: Oh, I've been dropping rabbit trails.

Something about hostlatch/vpslatch?

BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
    • 24khost24khost Member
      edited April 2013

@Corey VPSLATCH wasn't that bought by hostdime? How does vpslatch have anything to do with it.

• JacobJacob Member

@MrAndroid Tits or Gtfo.

Show me dem DDs.

AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

• @Jacob said: Show me dem DDs.

• There's some "A***" fellow floating around here under an assumed name. Assumed that name with a prior company where his deadpool company was a reseller/white label/front for another prominent VPS company on here. Later became a "sales" dirtbag there. Supposedly was trying to sell customer database to my least favorite company. Then he appears as their civilized spokesperson to combat the hostile "owner's" public shame "PR campaigns".

Now, surely whole bunch of folks have seen the prior company admin account list with "padded" fake admins and cross promoing of the various front companies.

@Corey hit a sore spot. @24khost is hunting in the hood too.

• @MannDude said: So you found out I was actually two midgets stacked up in a trench coat?

Yes, thats exactly it. Although I posted proof months ago.

• OK OK.

I ADMIT.

I'm not actually a half eaten pie.

I'm actually a secret CIA agent who was undercover gathering evidence against the Pie People of Nova Scotia.

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
    • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member, Provider

@HalfEatenPie said: I'm actually a secret CIA agent who was undercover gathering evidence against the Pie People of Nova Scotia.

Have you discovered which pie is their favorite. Or do I have to browse Wikileaks for that information?

• @HalfEatenPie said: I'm not actually a half eaten pie.

HOW COULD YOU!?!?

We can no longer remain friends.

The Original Daniel.

• DamianDamian Member
      edited April 2013

Plz 2 stop. I sense that @pubcrawler is attempting to convey impending doom to us (albeit in a Saw-style puzzle, annoyingly....)

• @Damian, I think @Amitz chimed it earlier:

Wait, he was this guy with Eve? :-)

• jarjar Provider

I believe I put together the puzzle but I don't believe that it changes anything. Past is past, this individual is not running a company and seems to be doing a good job at what he's doing.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
      edited April 2013

Oh @jarland, the deception round here runs miles deep.

If these sites have bans for unsavory characters, what good is a temp ban where they can come back under a new anonymous name and get up to bad antics again?

Do I believe the culprit is behaving better, sure. But that's in contrast to his "employer" and his employer's lousy barking dog attitude ---- scandal = cashola.

You know what, the kid (18? and 16 then) wasn't running a company per se before either. Him and other principals were running shell companies and cross posting promos for one another (endorsements). That's the type of stuff bunches us mistake for summer hosts and fly by night companies, when in fact they aren't such, but these big entrenched companies pulling wool over eyes of buyers and the LEB/LET communities.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
      edited April 2013

PS: @Jarland @halfeatenpie what you and Ryan operate with Catalyst is the right model. You folks stand behind things and do so honestly. That's integrity. I have a lot of respect for you folks.

• @FTNChris said: Have you discovered which pie is their favorite. Or do I have to browse Wikileaks for that information?

Our intelligence reports state that they like the meat pie.

insert innuendo jokes here

@MrAndroid said: HOW COULD YOU!?!?

We can no longer remain friends.

I WANTED TO TELL YOU. BUT YOU WERE SO WRAPPED UP IN EVERYTHING. I TRIED!

@pubcrawler said: PS: @Jarland @halfeatenpie what you and Ryan operate with Catalyst is the right model. You folks stand behind things and do so honestly. That's integrity. I have a lot of respect for you folks.

This one time. I saw @ryanarp buy ice cream with company funds. He told me he'd buy me some too as long as I didn't tell @jarland.

Sarcastic joking aside, thanks @pubcrawler we do what we can!

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
    • This industry would do itself well to run businesses like reality does. Incorporate, create the legal protection. You can still be you, fail, go bankrupt.

Reappear later under new shell and try doing it right. Same human being though.

Doesn't seem like we have the rampant hit and run and steal mentality we did years back here. So failures aren't such a big deal, if you aren't ripping folks off.

The fake subsidiary/paper different company thing that is rampant here, well that's a whole other story. Resellers are fine, when they aren't the same company pretending to be another. Bad case of that in this instance.

• @HalfEatenPie I thought that was you and @ryanarp in front of me at the store that day!!!!!!!

@pubcrawler I hear you and I see things as well. Most people do not pay enough attention around here. That statement holds true for the world though.

• LeeLee Member

Someone spare me and just say who it is, it's late here and I can't do thinking because the only name I can think of is Kevin @ CVPS.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• @W1V_Lee said: Someone spare me and just say who it is, it's late here and I can't do thinking because the only name I can think of is Kevin @ CVPS.

+1. Doesn't want to have to stalk the OP to find out.

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
      We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
    • LeeLee Member

If I was right do I win a prize? @liam can I have any offer of my choice free for a month :P

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• If we are lucky @WIV_Lee the perps will receive a free ban, just like on WHT.

This discussion has been closed.