Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers that support nested virtualiztion? (Running KVM/HVM)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers that support nested virtualiztion? (Running KVM/HVM)

Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
edited April 2013 in Providers

Are any providers offering nested visualization, i need to test some things with KVM and rather than getting a dedicated box (Or shutting one of our own nodes down to enable it) for a few days of testing i would much rather get a VPS, preferably cloud with on-demand billing.

Any ideas appreciated :)

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2013

If you want a cloud service, get OXEO(http://oxeo.com). Please if you are buying mention [email protected] referred you.

• I do. still have one online in my OVH node (installing proxmox just for playing around). Just pm me, you can reinstall it but you must use routed/NATed network. :D

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited April 2013

@Mon5t3r said: I do. still have one online in my OVH node (installing proxmox just for playing around). Just pm me, you can reinstall it but you must use routed/NATed network. :D

Thank you for the offer but this is the reason i didn't get a Kimsufi/OVH/Hetzner. The software im using doesn't support NAT :(

I wonder if Rackspace supports it, they don't mention what virtualization they use etc.

• jhjh Member

Rackspace is Xen PV AFAIK

• @jhadley said: Rackspace is Xen PV AFAIK

Bahh

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Thank you for the offer but this is the reason i didn't get a Kimsufi/OVH/Hetzner. The software im using doesn't support NAT :(

yep :( well you can wait till this weekend (or monday perhaps) my LA node will come with nested kvm too. :D

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@GetKVM_Ash If you need a dedicated server for a few days, we can help you out.

• I can do you a PoundHost Hyper-V cloud server running Linux. PM me with your spec and budget if you want and we can work out a deal.

• @qps

That would be great. I don't need anything overkill just a couple of 500gb drives and 4gb + RAM for a week or something.

I will need a couple of reinstalls though so a KVM with virtual media would be great if you don't want me hassling you :p

• @CheapVPS said: I can do you a PoundHost Hyper-V cloud server running Linux. PM me with your spec and budget if you want and we can work out a deal.

Do these support nested virtualization?

• marcmmarcm Member

We support nested virtualization as well. Check out http://www.phoenixvps.com

• @marcm said: We support nested virtualization as well. Check out http://www.phoenixvps.com

Any nice offers for me? Drop me a PM :)

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited April 2013

How long will you need the VM?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@Radi said: get OXEO

I like their site. I'm not sure how I feel about the price for a Core2Duo but it seems fast, so I assume I shouldn't worry about such things. Perhaps it's simply the virtualization telling me it's a Core2Duo.

• @dmmcintyre3 said: How long will you need the VM?

A week maybe, maybe less.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: A week maybe, maybe less.

Is 1 core (e3-1240v2), 4gb ram, 200gb disk (SW raid10, WD RE4s) and 5 IPs enough?

• @dmmcintyre3 said: Is 1 core (e3-1240v2), 4gb ram, 200gb disk (SW raid10, WD RE4s) and 5 IPs enough?

That sounds perfect :)

• bobbybobby Member

long enough so the ipv6/129 dont stick to his name

• Is the VM I provided working for what you need to test?

• @dmmcintyre3 said: Is the VM I provided working for what you need to test?

Sure is, thank you :)