Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for offshore copyright-free VPS provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for offshore copyright-free VPS provider

fishwharffishwharf Member
edited November 2016 in Requests

I run a website that involves discussing and posting a lot of copyrighted work of artists. Not really piracy or anything like that, but regular photos and drawings. No malware or spam or CP or anything bad.

Most of the time, there are never any complaints, but individual artists who don't like their work being criticized will go to great lengths over many months bothering providers and demanding they remove any work belonging to them; even when things are almost definitely fair use. Most providers I've dealt with end up buckling, even ones claiming to be offshore and freedom of speech friendly.

I'm looking for a provider that will completely ignore all copyright complaints, period, DMCA or otherwise. Are there any Russian or Ukrainian VPS providers at reasonable prices out there? I don't think Romania/Hungary/etc. will cut it. My assumption is that with the current political climate, Russia and Ukraine won't care about lone Westerners complaining about their images being used.

Also need at least 75 GB of storage.

Thanks.

Comments

• I think https://blazingfast.io/ doesn't mind this sort of thing.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • tagging @cociu

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • fishwharffishwharf Member
    edited November 2016

@Lunar I heard that too and have used them in the past, but https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5035331 has me concerned. I know they're based in Ukraine, but all of their servers are in the Netherlands, which to my understanding has copyright laws pretty similar to the US.

@teamacc I tried his service once before but the network connection was extremely slow. I'd be willing to give it another shot if I can get some kind of guarantee about copyright.

• @fishwharf said:
    @Lunar I heard that too and have used them in the past, but https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5035331 has me concerned. I know they're based in Ukraine, but all of their servers are in the Netherlands, which to my understanding has copyright laws pretty similar to the US.

@teamacc I tried his service once before but the network connection was extremely slow. I'd be willing to give it another shot if I can get some kind of guarantee about copyright.

Because hackforums is the literal most reliable source on the entire internet to get information from

• fishwharffishwharf Member
    edited November 2016

@GCat I know I know. It came up in a Google search. I'm not saying it holds any water, but I'd like to see someone else's view. I don't want to take any risks.

• MikroVPS state they are DMCA free/ignored https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/98061/cyber-monday-specials

Thanked by 1sin
  • Usually OVH is safe. However if you go a bit too far, not only OVH but some Russian providers will kick you out, even if they might claim DMCA free or ignored.

• Hi,
    Check aminserve dmca ignore plans:
    https://aminserve.com/switzerland-vps/

You know DMCA is for USA, but if you want copy-right free you can contact the support and ask for demo (free).

Some .... websites are being hosted.

• Note that Russia has its Net censorship organization, that can also be used to block access to copyright infringement-related resources.

I'd recommend contacting Sales first and state your needs, even if DMCA per se isn't enforced in Russian Federation.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • bohdansbohdans Member
    edited November 2016

aminserve has 50% off sale ATM,

CyberMonday

• @Master_Bo said:
    Note that Russia has its Net censorship organization, that can also be used to block access to copyright infringement-related resources.

I'd recommend contacting Sales first and state your needs, even if DMCA per se isn't enforced in Russian Federation.

Russia was never a DMCA option, not sure why some things so!

• @fishwharf said:

That thread was created by me lol.
    <- Eilif
    Ontopic: you have 2 good options and both in netherlands.

Ecatel: Ignores all DMCA and will keep your site up no matter what

XSLTel: DMCA free reseller. Uses Evoswitch datacenter.

• Try Mikrovps.hu, they have a 70% off OpenVZ special now and a 50% off Xen (on lowendbox.com listing). They are dmca free in Hungary and their services are quality.

• Afghanistan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, San Marino, Somalia, ... should be a good start to look at.

Thanked by 1Kay
  • danceboysfdanceboysf Member
    edited November 2016

Any actual good/helpful info on the topic? My case are some online radios that play music 24/7 and the DCMA, Sony, EMI and etc. don't like this at all and they also went great lengths to get a valid court orders for Sweden, Russia, Germany, Netherlands and even South Africa. Nothing scary about the radios except that they were very famous and had a lot of listeners.

They don't play anything that can be considered offensive or otherwise - no bad lyrics, no weird content, etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

• @danceboysf said:
    Any actual good/helpful info on the topic? My case are some online radios that play music 24/7 and the DCMA, Sony, EMI and etc. don't like this at all and they also went great lengths to get a valid court orders for Sweden, Russia, Germany, Netherlands and even South Africa. Nothing scary about the radios except that they were very famous and had a lot of listeners.

They don't play anything that can be considered offensive or otherwise - no bad lyrics, no weird content, etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Contact aminserve and ask for Ecatel VPS plans:
    https://client.aminserve.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

• Also if you do need very safe hosting, try cyberbunker. A friend of mine is using their service and it's absolutely awesome.

• ralphralph Member
    edited November 2016

Check out our ToS, you will likely fit under the terms.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2016

If you need dmca proof to the next level, go for xsltel. They left even ecatel because it was not dmca proof enough. I heard the guy who runs it is sysadmin from the past Russian Business Network, so hes a total crook lol, remants of RBN are working in ecatel, colocrossing, maxided and some vps providers (Blazingfast, vstoike, etc)

• Are you sure none of the above mentioned won't go crazy when big names like Sony get knockin' because one of radios played "Scatman John" (for example - they go in great lengths even outside DMCA) - as ridiculous as it sounds the radios caused a lot of trouble only because of the playlist. Many providers were absolutely sure that nothing could go wrong. Well - it went horribly wrong. The Luxembourg Provider held the longest but eventually they gave up as well.

• @danceboysf said:
    Are you sure none of the above mentioned won't go crazy when

My friend got a copyright notice from big names listing 20k+ web pages on his website, and he stays pretty safe with cyberbunker, which is why I list the name above.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2016

If u get court order you will lose ur hosting. Nothing can protect against that.

I suggest you add xsltel guy on skype and ask him directly to what extend he can keep your service up.

• Perhaps Bahnhof could do,as well?

• Yes, no one can help in case of court orders.

aminserve.com is hosting websites with BBC complains, but contents remains intact.

• MivoCloud.com - Moldova.

Trabia.com - Moldova.

AlexHost.com - Moldova.

Melbicom.net - Russia.

Zomro.com - Latvia.

ITLDC.com - Ukraine, Bulgaria, Latvia.

iHor.RU - Russia.

vStoike.RU - Russia.

Creanova.org - Finland.

ServeTheWorld.net - Norway.

TakeWYN.com - Russia and Ukraine.

VHoster.net - Ukraine.

FirstByte.RU - Russia.

FirstVDS.RU - Russia.

GMhost.com.UA - Ukraine.

YourServer.SE - Sweden and Latvia.

Ukrdc.net - Ukraine.

MEMVDS.RU - Russia.

@fishwharf

Thanked by 256gomez Master_Bo
  • lionlion Member
    edited November 2016

@Arttu_Rantanen said:

MivoCloud.com - Moldova.

ITLDC.com - Ukraine, Bulgaria, Latvia

vStoike.RU - Russia

@fishwharf

Wrong for those 3

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

fishwharf said: My assumption is that with the current political climate, Russia and Ukraine won't care about lone Westerners complaining about their images being used.

Ukraine tries to join the EU (lol as if) or at least align with it - your assumption is wrong.

Russia is a WIPO member as is China by now, so also wrong - if they want it acted on they CAN take down a website in RU by a Russian court.

If you decide on Russia also force SSL; your upstream is guaranteed dumping your traffic for the KFSB as is anyone else.

lion said: Wrong for those 3

Micovloud is in Moldova as is vstoike in RU, what should be wrong there?

stefeman said: Ecatel: Ignores all DMCA and will keep your site up no matter what

No, Ecatel/Quasi will take down your site - this mainly depends on how much you are willing to pay.

msg7086 said: cyberbunker

Sure, if you want all your traffic 1:1 copied to the Dutch gov go ahead and pay them some money; they might not directly get the servers easily (realistically the NL military will trash that bunker though if they really want into it, also keep in mind they can SIMPLY CUT FIBER, WATER AND POWER) but are monitored since years. Owner arrested in Spain, Stophaus, A2B internet, Botnets... goes on and on.

Both Cyberbunker and Ecatel/Quasi as most RU/UA ISPs will also gladly sell your personal data and server content to the highest offer if it makes sense (that number is high, sure, but not out of the world for some actors, at most 6 digits); and some government do pay for such things if that is the way to get it (plus try to sue Ecatel on the Seychelles then for this, pointless, the owners are in Belarus anyway living high life in Minsk).

The point is - offshore might secure some sides but causes way other issues, especially as the ISP/DC is inherently not trustable anymore over some level.

• @William said:
    Micovloud is in Moldova as is vstoike in RU, what should be wrong there?

That these providers are not your home for copyright free hosting

• lion said: That these providers are not your home for copyright free hosting

Mivocloud does not seem to care about Tor at least.

• @William said:
    Mivocloud does not seem to care about Tor at least.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1931730/#Comment_1931730