Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Australia LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Australia LEB

edited April 2013 in Offers

I've been having some trouble finding a good Australia LEB.

Budget: As cheap as possible - Less than $4 / month.
Speed: Needs to have a decent network speed (100-1000 Mb port shared is fine, although don't hesitate to post if it's different).
RAM: Don't need much (less than 150 is fine)

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

http://www.ransomit.com.au/rock_wallaby_512mb_kvm_vps

That's probably the best you are going to get.

• @trewq said: That's probably the best you are going to get.

That's too expensive for my budget :/

I just need a VPN for 1 person to use.

• MunMun Member
    edited April 2013

Why are the bandwidth costs so high in Australia?

• MunMun Member

@bypassCensorship you simply aren't going to find it.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

@Mun said: Why are the bandwidth costs so high in Australia?

Because power is so expensive and our backbone infrastructure is monopolised.

• MunMun Member

@trewq said: Because power is so expensive and our backbone infrastructure is monopolised.

Hmm, I always wondered. Wanted to start up a game server in Australia, saw the cost and cringed.

• ATHKATHK Member

Yep .. Australia sucks .. I love living here but it's so expensive ..

http://www.serversaustralia.com.au/virtualservers.php

These guys ^ have ad's always popping up on my FB, a bit expensive IMO.

Honestly it's cheaper to run a home server....

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

That's probably the best you are going to get.

The 2nd cheapest you'll find after RansomIT's plans is Web24.com.au's Xen plans at A$9.95

• @trewq said: Because power is so expensive and our backbone infrastructure is monopolised.

Power costs in Aus are average, the problem can be summed up with one word: Telstra.

• @ATHK said: Honestly it's cheaper to run a home server....

Really. Get a place with NBN and a static IP.

• ATHKATHK Member

@nutjob pretty much! Grab yourself a server like the HP N40L that runs any dist of Linux and you have yourself a server and not a bad one at that it packs a dual core AMD at 2.0ghz and 2GB of RAM I believe which is expandable. I bought mine brand new for around $200 AUD from an Australian eBay merchant ...

• ATHKATHK Member

Sorry to post again but it seems the NBN has confirmed gigabit deals - http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/04/nbn-co-launching-gigabit-broadband-in-december/

• NeoNeo Banned

ask ransomit per mail, i got 128MB VPS for 28AUD each 6 Month.

• ShadosShados Member

@nutjob said: Power costs in Aus are average, the problem can be summed up with one word: Telstra.

Yeah, pretty much. They weren't too bad before they turned into this half-private frankenstein. Fun how they realized a decade too late they need government money backing infrastructure development or it won't happen, and thusly created the NBN. Kinda wish they'd started back in the 90's when Telstra's technicians initially recommended going fiber.