Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK SSD cPanel, LiteSpeed, Daily Backups, DDoS Protection - Black Friday Reseller @ $9.99/year! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK SSD cPanel, LiteSpeed, Daily Backups, DDoS Protection - Black Friday Reseller @ $9.99/year!

Comments

• Still available on 5GB special?

• @add_iT said:
    Still available on 5GB special?

The 5GB special is still available, yes.

• I feel like there are issues with uksh3. Items in cpanel experience errors, slowdown(sites), weirdness. I'm a newb but what resources are allotted for reseller accounts and is there a way for us to distribute resources our own clients? Its like the diskspace is irrelevant when bandwith is so low. I'm on the lowest reseller tier(bf special) and would gladly pay $10(double) more for double the speed/allocation i currently have. Are the other servers like this? I wanna move to a diff server. :sadpanda:

• So sad that i missed the special prices.

• @slycat said:
    I feel like there are issues with uksh3. Items in cpanel experience errors, slowdown(sites), weirdness. I'm a newb but what resources are allotted for reseller accounts and is there a way for us to distribute resources our own clients? Its like the diskspace is irrelevant when bandwith is so low. I'm on the lowest reseller tier(bf special) and would gladly pay $10(double) more for double the speed/allocation i currently have. Are the other servers like this? I wanna move to a diff server. :sadpanda:

No outstanding issues that I can see. Can you be more specific?

We can provide bandwidth upgrades if necessary. Just contact the sales department.

Can you please PM me your account email to discuss?

• @Greyhound said:
    So sad that i missed the special prices.

Which one are you interested in? PM me and I can make an exception :)

• @slycat said:
    I feel like there are issues with uksh3. Items in cpanel experience errors, slowdown(sites), weirdness. I'm a newb but what resources are allotted for reseller accounts and is there a way for us to distribute resources our own clients? Its like the diskspace is irrelevant when bandwith is so low. I'm on the lowest reseller tier(bf special) and would gladly pay $10(double) more for double the speed/allocation i currently have. Are the other servers like this? I wanna move to a diff server. :sadpanda:

I'm on the same server and don't seem to be having a lot of issues. I haven't really moved over the main website I would like to host though because I need Let's Encrypt SSL to be setup. On the few test sites I setup however it does feel a little slower than my current host (TurnKey). Lookups take a second or two longer than normal but it isn't anything I felt to open a ticket about, especially for the price.

• @Rob92 said:
    I'm on the same server and don't seem to be having a lot of issues. I haven't really moved over the main website I would like to host though because I need Let's Encrypt SSL to be setup. On the few test sites I setup however it does feel a little slower than my current host (TurnKey). Lookups take a second or two longer than normal but it isn't anything I felt to open a ticket about, especially for the price.

Thanks for the feedback Rob.

Is it possible that it feels slower because it's UK based? Or does TurnKey have UK servers as well?

From our connections we're not experiencing any slowness.

• @Ishaq said:

@Rob92 said:

Thanks for the feedback Rob.

Is it possible that it feels slower because it's UK based? Or does TurnKey have UK servers as well?

From our connections we're not experiencing any slowness.

That could be it, I have about 115ms latency to the UK server and 39ms to TurnKey's NY location. I also have 25 hops to that location vs 16 with NY. I don't know an extreme amount about networking but I assume that more hops isn't a good thing in most cases?

• @Rob92 said: I don't know an extreme amount about networking but I assume that more hops isn't a good thing in most cases?

Correct. It has to travel through more routers to get to the destination.

But seeing as it's cross-country there's nothing wrong with it. Other factors such as who your ISP peers with also need to be taken into consideration.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider

What _gbps _ddos protection?

• @Ishaq said:

@Rob92 said: I don't know an extreme amount about networking but I assume that more hops isn't a good thing in most cases?

Correct. It has to travel through more routers to get to the destination.

But seeing as it's cross-country there's nothing wrong with it. Other factors such as who your ISP peers with also need to be taken into consideration.

Fair enough :p Now how long will it be until Let's Encrypt support is added? ;)

• @Rob92 said:

I know this is getting old but we're having problems with the plugin so waiting on the vendor :(

We should have more news (and hopefully a fix) tonight or tomorrow.

• @Ishaq said:

@Rob92 said:

I know this is getting old but we're having problems with the plugin so waiting on the vendor :(

No worries :) Appreciate the responses!

• if i buy a plan, can i just used the storage to ratach on VPS ?

• @Rob92 said:

Can you see if theres any backup retention in softaculous at all? Like automated backups. Also are your disk usage and other metrics accurately reflected in cpanel??

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited December 2016

@slycat said:

@Rob92 said:

Can you see if theres any backup retention in softaculous at all? Like automated backups. Also are your disk usage and other metrics accurately reflected in cpanel??

Bandwidth and disk space meters don't work for me it seems on the main account. One of my sub accounts shows disk usage correctly in cPanel but not in WHM. I haven't messed with backups much but when I tried to make one from a test sub account it didn't work. It does kind of seem odd because some things seem broken which is beginning to concern me a little.

Edit: Full account backup in cPanel with a sub account did not work. Softaculous backups seem to work but have a limit of 7.

• @Rob92 @slycat

It is a bug with the underlying filesystem (CloudLinux/CageFS), it is being patched tomorrow morning at 1 AM GMT.

• @Ishaq said:
    @Rob92 @slycat

It is a bug with the underlying filesystem (CloudLinux/CageFS), it is being patched tomorrow morning at 1 AM GMT.

Cool, is cPanel going to be updated to the latest version as well?

• @Ishaq @Rob92

There was a 15min downtime which i assume was patching work. But nothings changed, same stuff still not working.

• @slycat said:
    @Ishaq @Rob92

There was a 15min downtime which i assume was patching work. But nothings changed, same stuff still not working.

Full account backups seem to work now but bandwidth meter is still broken. What things don't work for you?

• This is still in progress. 62% complete.

• @Rob92
    Like try going into softaculous and setting up an auto backup. It seems to work but there's no retention. It'll do the backup and then self delete leaving you with no previous backups. Yep usage counters are all wrong. Plus if you click the CPU metric link, it throws an error.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Ishaq give me best support with lower price on the planet, recommended +1 :)

Waiting for lower price vpssssssssssssssssssssssss :D

Thanked by 1Ishaq
  • @slycat said:
    @Rob92
    Like try going into softaculous and setting up an auto backup. It seems to work but there's no retention. It'll do the backup and then self delete leaving you with no previous backups. Yep usage counters are all wrong. Plus if you click the CPU metric link, it throws an error.

Tried setting up an auto backup so we'll see what happens. Can confirm the CPU metric link throwing an error. I'm starting to have some regrets about things with the service so I'm hoping it will be fixed soon. I'm wondering if this is why Let's Encrypt is being such a pain to setup.

• all my sites are currently offline?!

• its something you guys did to ssl, if it disable ssl, site returns...please fix this asap or move me to new server

• @Ishaq said:

@Rob92 said:

any news on Let's Encrypt Support? im waiting for it too for start using :)

Thanks!

• emptyPD said: any news on Let's Encrypt Support? im waiting for it too for start using :)

Thanks!

Which server are you on? We have it working on UKSH1 and UKSH2.

• @emptyPD said:

@Ishaq said:

@Rob92 said:

any news on Let's Encrypt Support? im waiting for it too for start using :)

Thanks!

I opened a ticket and got my account moved and it works on the other server :)