Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who resisted buying something this Black Friday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who resisted buying something this Black Friday?

Lots of good offers today (or maybe not so good) but have you managed to resisted all the offers?

This year I have got lots of good offers, but all before today.
Kimusfi KS-3C (core i5 2400 and core i5 3570S all with 2TB HDD and 16 GB RAM) - €8.99/mo
OVH Enterprise SP-64 - 64G E5-1620v2 SoftRaid 4x2 TB Server - €38.65/mo

So I resisted all the offers today. Have you resisted?

Comments

• No, had all your mentioned ones, but still keep buying :-(

• Lol, LET addiction. Must have just one more...

• Me too, I resisted all the offers today (vstoike, ramnode, mxroute,...)

• Forgot that I have a "youwin" package from Mxroute. But the black friday offer is better, I'm paying $40/2 year for 40GB storage, and now they have a offer for $15/year for 60GB. Still, I'm only a few months into my 2 year contract, and do not need more e-mail packages.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • i buy ssl to my hosting so cheap

• @Felix19 said:
    i buy ssl to my hosting so cheap

What offer was that?

• RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate for $60

Thanked by 1myhken
  • I resisted buying Online.net's BlackFriday edition.
    I really wanted to buy, but I got self-conscious and decided not to

Thanked by 4myhken varwww Ympker cece
  • I have to admit that I almost ordered a couple of online.net boxes...but luckily for me the site went offline as soon as the the offer was available. The online.net offer was OK, not as good as KS-3C, but OK backup boxes.

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited November 2016

nope.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Came here to sell a few stuff for holidays; bought more than I sold ;)

All around some great offers.

Pavin.

• i resisted because Online.net Maintanance xD

Thanked by 2myhken steny
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@myhken said:
    Lots of good offers today (or maybe not so good) but have you managed to resisted all the offers?

This year I have got lots of good offers, but all before today.
    Kimusfi KS-3C (core i5 2400 and core i5 3570S all with 2TB HDD and 16 GB RAM) - €8.99/mo
    OVH Enterprise SP-64 - 64G E5-1620v2 SoftRaid 4x2 TB Server - €38.65/mo

So I resisted all the offers today. Have you resisted?

Where's that SP 64?

• @MrGeneral said:
    Where's that SP 64?

Old offer from August/September... directly from OVH. I'm not in EU so I do not pay VAT on the server :D

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • sigh... now I have 6-7 VPS/dedicated sitting idle :(

• LOL, that's life.

• I've resisted and found out that I have way too much stuff from LET that I don't even use so I'm just going to cancel them.

• Between Kimsufi, OVH and Online.Net specials earlier this year, I still have a relatively unused & idling SP-64-D that is serving as a glorified gitlab / backup server. So, resisting these new deals was easy enough.

I'd be lying if I said that the Online Black Friday flash sale didn't tempt me enough to drop everything and come online to buy a couple. But, alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • I wanted that fucking Online special, literally exactly what I was looking for.

All I bought was a couple of VStoike which I've been meaning to buy for a while now anyway.

No impulse buys this year so far.

Thanked by 3myhken netomx Chronic
  • I couldn't resist those dediserve specials.... They fit my current needs.

• I resisted. I didn't buy anything at all :)

Thanked by 1myhken
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Me - no money :c

• Me too; was not any nice offer and i did not need indeed :))

Thanked by 1myhken
  • I went into BF looking for 1/2 servers for mail/backup/owncloud. Went out with 5 servers and an email plan...

Oh well. I didnt actually go over the budget I set for the 2 servers.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • user123user123 Member
    edited November 2016

I'm holding out for an OpenVZ storage offer - maybe something US-based with 200-250GB of RAID-10 HDD storage, 1GB RAM, and 1TB BW for $12-15/year...keeps eyes peeled for unicorn

The closest I've seen so far is 250GB for $20/year or 100GB for $9/year, though both were KVM (which I might end up getting, if they remain available).

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhken said: imusfi KS-3C (core i5 2400 and core i5 3570S all with 2TB HDD and 16 GB RAM) - €8.99/mo

WAIT your not going to tell me that I missed that deal today right?!?!?!!?!

• @JariXe said:

myhken said: imusfi KS-3C (core i5 2400 and core i5 3570S all with 2TB HDD and 16 GB RAM) - €8.99/mo

No, this is a promo fom the past.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @JariXe said:

Relax, you did not miss that. They did not have any offers today. :D or :(

• In my opinion problem is a different Black Friday. Problem was not resisting, but getting something special. I had no problem resisting (except online.net offer that was mostly grabbed by oneprovider). I had problems getting something special, making me spend more than I need. In my opinion there was only one great and accessible offer, and that came from Russia @vstoike .

On the other side, online.net today changed a lot of impressions. There were better with simple /server_limited offers.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • If there had been a new OVH SP-64 offer with the same price as last time, under €40/mo I had of course grabbed a few. I have too many KS-3Cs, so that was a no go had it been a offer today. But OVH had only 40% off their SP-64 server today, and with only 2x2TB HDDs, not 4x like the last offer.