Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do with my ChunkHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What to do with my ChunkHost

ATHKATHK Member
edited April 2013 in General

So I acquired a free Chunkhost server awhile back, and honestly I have no idea what to do with it, it's free for "life" as long as it's actively used.

The uptime is great it hardly goes down, currently has 128MB RAM with 3GB disk.

I was using it as a SVN server, but recently removed that when I reimaged, they currently have unlimited re-image's with a lot of distributions such as Centos, Ubuntu and Debian (lenny & squeeze).

Any ideas what I can use this for? the up/down speed is ok not the best, my ping to the box is average as I live in Australia it's still in the 200+ms range.

The chunkhost.com website is down at the moment (for me getting a 301 perm move error) if you wanted to check it out.

Comments

• This is LET. We never worry about ridiculous stuff like actually having something to do with our VPSes, we just collect them.

• dns server, vpn server, proxy server... etc..

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

You can give it to me :3

• Donate it to 1 of us :p

• @netomx I was thinking the same thing. I still haven't gotten mine!

• @bcarlsonmedia said: I still haven't gotten mine!

Me neither :( And I was so glad I finally could get it, since my Facebook account would be visible to ChunkHost after I turned 18.

• ATHKATHK Member

@DStrout haha yea well I have too many now!

Not sure about a dns server I don't really need it, VPN is a possibility though, already have a proxy server :( .

@concerto49 well that's another possibility but then if the person was to abuse it, I would also loose it.

I asked for it first :p

• ATHKATHK Member

@netomx I sent you a pm

:D

• I didn't think you could transfer these things.

• ATHKATHK Member

@DStrout

You can't but I could just give @netomx root access.

yup :D

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I registered too but never got it.

• @ATHK

You could use the VPS as a small email server, because of how you can set up rDNS yourself you won't have to worry about all the email ending up in peoples spam box.

@Radi I actually got my free ChunkHost VPS recently but it took about 8 or 9 months. I guess supply is not keeping up with demand. The IO speed on these things are quite bad (about 15 MB/s) but hey, it's a free service :)