Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    CrownCloud - Los Angeles, CA - OpenVZ - 3 GB RAM/50 GB HDD/3 TB bandwidth/1 Snapshot - $30/year
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    CrownCloud - Los Angeles, CA - OpenVZ - 3 GB RAM/50 GB HDD/3 TB bandwidth/1 Snapshot - $30/year

    SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider
    edited November 2016 in Offers

    Hello,

    We've been around for 4+ years and own & colocate our hardware and networking gear and have ARIN issued IPs. The following is our Black Friday offer. Offer is recurring, so it's $30/year as long as you renew it for.

    Our Site: http://crowncloud.net/

    Node Spec,

    Dual L5640

    Minimum 72 GB RAM

    HW RAID 10

    Datacenter,

    Quadranet, Los Angeles, CA

    Test IPv4: 198.55.111.5

    Test IPv6: 2607:fcd0:0:a::2

    The plan,

    3 GB RAM/3 GB vSwap

    50 GB HDD RAID10 Backed

    4 core fair-share access include

    1 Snapshot/Backup (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)

    OpenVZ based

    3 TB bandwidth per month

    1 Gbit/sec upink

    1 IPv4

    /80 IPv6

    Price,

    $15/semi-annually or $30/year

    Order Link,

    https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=236

    CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    Comments

    • Damn, I've spent too much money already.

      I'm Good!

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      Fritz said: Damn, I've spent too much money already.

      hehe such is blackfriday! :P

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • @SpeedBus, can you install custom ISOs? Specifically FreePBX

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider
      edited November 2016

      ddoonie said: @SpeedBus, can you install custom ISOs? Specifically FreePBX

      Not on these plans as they're OpenVZ/can't run ISOs on them BUT I could do this on our KVM plans at Frankfurt, Germany,

      1 GB RAM

      25 GB SSD

      2 TB bandwidth per month @ 1 Gbit/sec uplink

      1 IPv4

      /80 IPv6 subnet

      $5/month

      https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=233

      EDIT: Also includes 1 free snapshot/vm backup -- which can be restored/created/deleted by the user via the panel.

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Ah you're right. Sorry for overlooking that part! Thanks.

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      ddoonie said: Ah you're right. Sorry for overlooking that part! Thanks.

      No problems. If you need slightly lesser disk space, could work out something in the same price range as well :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Hi there, what's the refund policy?

      Can't seem to find it on your website. Thanks!

      BunnyCDN $0.01/GB (AFF)

      SSDNodes KVM 16GB Ram 80GB SSD 8TB Bandwidth $120/Year (AFF) PS: Price varies day to day, but the lowest price for 16GB is $120

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      alexyaoyang said: Hi there, what's the refund policy?

      Can't seem to find it on your website. Thanks!

      http://wiki.crowncloud.net/doku.php/crowncloud_refund_guidelines :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Ah I missed it, thanks!

      BunnyCDN $0.01/GB (AFF)

      SSDNodes KVM 16GB Ram 80GB SSD 8TB Bandwidth $120/Year (AFF) PS: Price varies day to day, but the lowest price for 16GB is $120

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      alexyaoyang said: Ah I missed it, thanks!

      No problems! Basically, we work with the customer to fix what ever the issue is and usually, ~99% of the cases are able to work out a fix for the issue :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • is it reccuring?

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @piero66 said:
      is it reccuring?

      Yes! As long as the service is renewed yearly, the same price stays :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • @SpeedBus said:

      alexyaoyang said: Ah I missed it, thanks!

      No problems! Basically, we work with the customer to fix what ever the issue is and usually, ~99% of the cases are able to work out a fix for the issue :)

      Yep, can vouch for them. Been with them for a few years and have zero issues and hoping to continue that trend. I just bought another one today. Too good to resist. Bought from another company and after paying was put on pending. Just found out they refunded me without even an explanation. Maybe they mis-advertised their special and reneged. At least I got in on this deal! :)

      Thanked by 1SpeedBus
    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @just4sc said:

      @SpeedBus said:

      alexyaoyang said: Ah I missed it, thanks!

      No problems! Basically, we work with the customer to fix what ever the issue is and usually, ~99% of the cases are able to work out a fix for the issue :)

      Yep, can vouch for them. Been with them for a few years and have zero issues and hoping to continue that trend. I just bought another one today. Too good to resist. Bought from another company and after paying was put on pending. Just found out they refunded me without even an explanation. Maybe they mis-advertised their special and reneged. At least I got in on this deal! :)

      Glad to have you onboard with us @just4sc :D

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Is traceroute blocked on that test ip? I've tried running a traceroute from LA and SEA, but both ends up non-responsive.

      BunnyCDN $0.01/GB (AFF)

      SSDNodes KVM 16GB Ram 80GB SSD 8TB Bandwidth $120/Year (AFF) PS: Price varies day to day, but the lowest price for 16GB is $120

    • Can someone post a bench from The plan listed above? interested in disk and io. Thanks

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      alexyaoyang said: Is traceroute blocked on that test ip? I've tried running a traceroute from LA and SEA, but both ends up non-responsive.

      Hmm, doesn't seem to be blocked here. Could you try now?

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider
      edited November 2016

      @phez said:
      Can someone post a bench from The plan listed above? interested in disk and io. Thanks

      Sure,
      EDIT: Just adding -- the CPU isn't throttled -- Intel SpeedStep is in use which is scaling it down when not in demand,

      [email protected]:~# ./bench.sh
      Benchmark started on Sun Nov 27 01:11:29 EST 2016
      Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log
      
      System Info
      -----------
      Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5640  @ 2.27GHz
      CPU Cores       : 24
      Frequency       : 1600.000 MHz
      Memory          : 3072 MB
      Swap            : 3072 MB
      Uptime          : 1 day, 8:25,
      
      OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
      Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
      Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab120.6
      Hostname        : vps
      
      
      Speedtest (IPv4 only)
      ---------------------
      Your public IPv4 is 104.*
      
      Location                Provider        Speed
      CDN                     Cachefly        65.3MB/s
      
      Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          22.0MB/s
      Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       30.1MB/s
      Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       34.2MB/s
      San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       67.1MB/s
      Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       32.5MB/s
      
      Tokyo, Japan            Linode          10.9MB/s
      Singapore               Softlayer       7.21MB/s
      
      Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         7.37MB/s
      Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        8.28MB/s
      
      
      Disk Speed
      ----------
      I/O (1st run)   : 642 MB/s
      I/O (2nd run)   : 635 MB/s
      I/O (3rd run)   : 706 MB/s
      Average I/O     : 661 MB/s
      

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Thank you. Will sign up with these guys

    • Ordered. Pending activation? Not instant?

    • Done. Took 1hr. Thanks

      Thanked by 1SpeedBus
    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      phez said: Done. Took 1hr. Thanks

      Yup, should be all activated up now, Was not at home earlier :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • phezphez Member
      edited November 2016

      Test results for 3GB RAM 50GB HDD at Crowncloud

      Server specs:

      24 × Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz

      3 GB RAM / 51 GB disk space

      Centos 7.2.1511 Core

      Lewes, United States

      Benchmark summary:

      UnixBench - 5354.3

      Disk Read - 1 MB/s

      Disk Write - 1255 MB/s

      Bandwidth - 543.70 MB/s

      More: https://serverscope.io/trials/mJJA

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      phez said: Disk Read - 1 MB/s

      Hmm that's weird, can't be that low, any idea what command was used to get this stat?

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • @SpeedBus said:

      phez said: Disk Read - 1 MB/s

      Hmm that's weird, can't be that low, any idea what command was used to get this stat?

      Sorry, I dont. Its not right. Script is from https://serverscope.io/

    • According that site...your DE box is doing quite a bit worst than your LAX box. If I remember correctly your DE box used to be really good. Did something happened to the DE box?

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      just4sc said: According that site...your DE box is doing quite a bit worst than your LAX box. If I remember correctly your DE box used to be really good. Did something happened to the DE box?

      Oh hmm, drop in a ticket and we'll check into it, haven't been at home much today so couldn't try out the benchmark site yet :/

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @phez said:

      @SpeedBus said:

      phez said: Disk Read - 1 MB/s

      Hmm that's weird, can't be that low, any idea what command was used to get this stat?

      Sorry, I dont. Its not right. Script is from https://serverscope.io/

      Ah okay, I'll have a look later today/tomorrow into it :) VM should be snappy and without issues otherwise :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • @SpeedBus said:

      ddoonie said: @SpeedBus, can you install custom ISOs? Specifically FreePBX

      Not on these plans as they're OpenVZ/can't run ISOs on them BUT I could do this on our KVM plans at Frankfurt, Germany,

      1 GB RAM

      25 GB SSD

      2 TB bandwidth per month @ 1 Gbit/sec uplink

      1 IPv4

      /80 IPv6 subnet


      $5/month

      https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=233

      EDIT: Also includes 1 free snapshot/vm backup -- which can be restored/created/deleted by the user via the panel.

      I was trying to place an order for this KVM (Frankfurt, Germany - KVM SSD Series - KVM SSD 1), but I am bit puzzled with the annual and semi-annual pricing. if its $5 a month recurring then it should be $60 for one year

    • Here's the test results for the LAX box -

      Test results for LAX-3G-50G at CloudCrown

      Server specs:
      24 × Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz
      3 GB RAM / 51 GB disk space
      Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty
      Lewes, United States

      Benchmark summary:
      UnixBench - 5626.9
      Disk Read - 2 MB/s
      Disk Write - 838 MB/s
      Bandwidth - 33.40 MB/s

      More: https://serverscope.io/trials/Z447

    • Here's the test results for the DE box -
      Test results for DE-3G-50G at CloudCrown

      Server specs:
      8 × Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 V2 @ 3.50GHz
      3 GB RAM / 52 GB disk space
      Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty
      Germany

      Benchmark summary:
      UnixBench - 3639.1
      Disk Read - 0 MB/s
      Disk Write - 382 MB/s
      Bandwidth - 7.80 MB/s

      More: https://serverscope.io/trials/9DDy

    • @durjoy said:

      @SpeedBus said:

      ddoonie said: @SpeedBus, can you install custom ISOs? Specifically FreePBX

      Not on these plans as they're OpenVZ/can't run ISOs on them BUT I could do this on our KVM plans at Frankfurt, Germany,

      1 GB RAM

      25 GB SSD

      2 TB bandwidth per month @ 1 Gbit/sec uplink

      1 IPv4

      /80 IPv6 subnet


      $5/month

      https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=233

      EDIT: Also includes 1 free snapshot/vm backup -- which can be restored/created/deleted by the user via the panel.

      I was trying to place an order for this KVM (Frankfurt, Germany - KVM SSD Series - KVM SSD 1), but I am bit puzzled with the annual and semi-annual pricing. if its $5 a month recurring then it should be $60 for one year

      Hello,
      When paying for 6 months or more, you will receive a discount. Our basic rule is that you get 2 months free when paying annually. All plans their annual price are 10x monthly price.

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider
      edited November 2016

      @just4sc said:
      Here's the test results for the DE box -
      Test results for DE-3G-50G at CloudCrown

      Server specs:
      8 × Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 V2 @ 3.50GHz
      3 GB RAM / 52 GB disk space
      Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty
      Germany

      Benchmark summary:
      UnixBench - 3639.1
      Disk Read - 0 MB/s
      Disk Write - 382 MB/s
      Bandwidth - 7.80 MB/s

      More: https://serverscope.io/trials/9DDy

      Hmm, could you drop in a ticket and I'll have this checked into, shouldn't be that low :/

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Watch out!! my crowncloud OVZ VPS has an unknown network established! My Bandwidth is lost 1GB but i even didn't test anything. unknown connection is from China. Something wierd!!!!!

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      mht7011 said: Watch out!! my crowncloud OVZ VPS has an unknown network established! My Bandwidth is lost 1GB but i even didn't test anything. unknown connection is from China. Something wierd!!!!!

      Perhaps SSH bruteforce connections to port 22 ? I'd recommend changing your SSH port to begin with.

      Apart from that, you always have other web crawlers attempting to contact your VPS on various common ports.

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @durjoy said:

      @SpeedBus said:

      ddoonie said: @SpeedBus, can you install custom ISOs? Specifically FreePBX

      Not on these plans as they're OpenVZ/can't run ISOs on them BUT I could do this on our KVM plans at Frankfurt, Germany,

      1 GB RAM

      25 GB SSD

      2 TB bandwidth per month @ 1 Gbit/sec uplink

      1 IPv4

      /80 IPv6 subnet


      $5/month

      https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=233

      EDIT: Also includes 1 free snapshot/vm backup -- which can be restored/created/deleted by the user via the panel.

      I was trying to place an order for this KVM (Frankfurt, Germany - KVM SSD Series - KVM SSD 1), but I am bit puzzled with the annual and semi-annual pricing. if its $5 a month recurring then it should be $60 for one year

      Has been fixed now, sorry about that :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Do you have any offer on KVM VPS?

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider
      edited November 2016

      @durjoy said:
      Do you have any offer on KVM VPS?

      Yup! At Frankfurt, Germany,



      1 GB RAM

      25 GB SSD

      2 TB bandwidth per month @ 1 Gbit/sec uplink

      1 IPv4

      /80 IPv6 subnet

      1 Full VM snapshot included

      $5/month

      https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=233

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • what about KVM with 2GB spec? and any cybermonday special dealon KVM?

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @durjoy said:
      what about KVM with 2GB spec? and any cybermonday special dealon KVM?

      2GB/50G SSD is slightly more $$ at $15/month -- https://crowncloud.net/kvm.php

      Could do standard 2 GB RAM KVM (non-SSD)


      2 GB RAM

      30 GB HDD

      1 IPv4

      /80 IPv6 on request

      1 TB bandwidth/month

      1 Gbit/sec uplink

      $7/month

      https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=214

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    Sign In or Register to comment.