Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpharacks hosting: Mysql not working properly since November 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alpharacks hosting: Mysql not working properly since November 19

I cannot create new databases and the ones that already exist have read only permissions so I can't login in any of my WordPress sites. I opened a ticket 4 days ago, they said they're working on it...

Anyone else affected? Is this an issue I can fix myself? (I doubt so after doing some research)

I was planning on moving sites to a vps next month but I'd like to have this working before the week ends.

Comments

• Are you able to upload files? If not, you are out of IOPS

Thanked by 1newfulluser
  • newfullusernewfulluser Member
    edited November 2016

@WHT said:
    Are you able to upload files? If not, you are out of IOPS

Just tried and I can upload stuff just fine.
    IOPS are at 0/1024 and storage has almost 200GB free.

• Could be a potential server disk issue if its only read only - i highly doubt its your actual account.

Could be that the host has set innodb into recovery mode on my.cnf

Did you have error accessing database errors prior to this?

Thanked by 1newfulluser
    edited November 2016

@northhosts said:
    Could be a potential server disk issue if its only read only - i highly doubt its your actual account.

Could be that the host has set innodb into recovery mode on my.cnf

Did you have error accessing database errors prior to this?

Prior to this everything worked fine. But 4 days ago I tried to login into one of my sites and it had a redirect loop that sent me to https://example.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https://example.com/wp-admin/&reauth=1

I cleaned wordpress cache, browser cache and disabled cloudflare cache. Then I asked a friend who also posts on that site and he couldn't login either. I disabled all plugins and theme changing the folder names from the ftp.

Nothing worked and trying to edit anything on the database gave a only read error. I backed up the database and when trying to import the data to a new one on the same server gave a read only error too.

I tried to install a php script on a different cpanel account in the same hosting (I have whm) and it could not write to the new database I just created.

• Innodb is in recovery mode - that's what it sounds like. Not sure why it's taking days to fix though.

Thanked by 1newfulluser
    edited November 2016

Fixed, I already moved all my sites to a vps cheaper than the shared hosting and the difference is night and day. I'm never going to use shared hosting again.

• I like AlphaRacks and wonder did you take a VPS plan from them.

My only greatest wish is the AlphaRack goes with an SSD offer

• Alpharacks has been good for me. Especially for the price. I haven't tried their shared hosting though, I use Superb for that.

• @leona said:
    I like AlphaRacks and wonder did you take a VPS plan from them.

My only greatest wish is the AlphaRack goes with an SSD offer

I am not crazy, after the poor shared hosting experience I went with a more reputable provider. Alpharacks Shared hosting is still active with 97% uptime for the last 30 days, meanwhile the vps has 100% uptime...