Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domain Reseller
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domain Reseller

Hello, I want to ask something today. Well, I have got many friends who want to buy a domain. But I want to know what will be the cheapest(all-time) and most reliable registrar. I know of NameSilo already. I have seen some websites with Registrar as PublicDomainRegistry. Can anyone tell me who are they because they seem to be cheap as many buy from them. But in their website it is $35 which is too much. Please suggest.

Comments

• internet.bs ..... maybe ?

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
  • ResellerClub and Resell.biz use PDR as their accredited registrar.

• Actually ResellerClub and Resell.biz are two different ICANN accredited registrar (resell.biz under the name of UK2group), they just use the same platform (LogicBoxes). But funny that resell.biz, uk2.net and uk2group.com are registered through eNom.

• @vdedi said:
    Actually ResellerClub and Resell.biz are two different ICANN accredited registrar (resell.biz under the name of UK2group), they just use the same platform (LogicBoxes). But funny that resell.biz, uk2.net and uk2group.com are registered through eNom.

I understand that they are accredited, but LogicBoxes AFAIK is just a automation platform. Resell.biz used to show a UK2 accreditation (couldn't remember the company name that they used) but now all domains come out of PDR. So I suppose there's some sort of consolidation made.

• You get what you pay for... I would use Google Domain Services. Includes privacy protection and other enterprise services for a whooping low $12/year.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

NameSilo is pretty good. Not sure about others.

• Ha, PDR Ltd. and PublicDomainRegistry are actually two entities for legal reasons (my theory is that Endurance-Holding is basically lumping resources together in favorable jurisdictions while keeping as much as possible rights-wise). It's a mess.

PublicDomainRegistry is the international side of EIG's whole shebang, to answer your question, but there are significant financial irregularities and hence, hard to say who owns what. EIG-normal basically loaned money to their now parent company to buy themselves out.PDR is then spun off in the US as the US wing but basically acting as a subsidiary of EIG-normal.