Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone lend some space on their Kimsufi box for 24 hours?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone lend some space on their Kimsufi box for 24 hours?

WoopWoop Member
edited April 2013 in General

Hey guys,

So after constantly playing with my Kimsufi box, I think I've messed up a bunch of Apache settings, which I've yet to solve, so I'm thinking it's better that I just reinstall from Scratch.

I used the ISPconfig image when I first got it, but I think I'll use zPanel this time round.

Anywho I have about 160gb of torrents on there, I don't want to loose them when I reinstall, so I was wondering if anyone have some space on their Kimsufi box, would they let me rsync my stuff over and then I can copy it back when I'm done?

You would also be more then welcome to keep any data on there (lots of Documentaries and Deep House).

The transfer should be pretty quick, I can max out 11mb/s via torrents, so I would imagine it would take 4-6 hours to transfer everything.

Give me a PM if your interested.

Thanks,

Comments

• flyfly Member

@Woop said: Anywho I have about 160gb of torrents on there, I don't want to loose them when I reinstall

really, that's just too bad

rsync to your home computer, rsync back

nobody's gonna wanna touch your "completely legal FOSS torrents!!!" just so you can fix your shiz

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• @Woop said: Anywho I have about 160gb of torrents on there

They're torrents... shouldn't they be easy to get back?

• @Damian said: They're torrents... shouldn't they be easy to get back?

Basically that.

Just reinstall?

• WoopWoop Member

@Damian said: They're torrents... shouldn't they be easy to get back?

Unfortunatley most of them are music torrents on some private trackers, and it's virtually impossible to seed, so if I redownload them all again, my ratio is f#%&ed. Plus I'm probably one of the only seeders for some of them.

I would rsync them to my computer, but I'm on dsl with 100kb/s upload speed, so that's not going to work either.

I wonder if I .7z the crap out of them, I could maybe fit them onto another one of my VPS's.

• twaintwain Member

Perhaps Kimsufi support will attach a SATA drive via USB-to-SATA so you can copy to that.. Have no idea if they would be willing to do anything like that, but worth a sht..

• Woop, being a ratiofag really fucks it up for other people.

When someone else who can't raise their ratio because you people make it impossible them, and then that someone gets suspended for having a low ratio.

Live with it.

• Get a large storage buyvm

• Ah, understood. Too bad your requirement is a "kimsufi box".

• flyfly Member

@Woop said: I think I've messed up a bunch of Apache settings, which I've yet to solve

TIL messing up an apache config requires reinstalling.

• @Dragoon0309 said: Get a large storage buyvm

I really hope you aren't seriously suggesting this.

• @skirtTight I was only kidding, as they have no stock anyway!

• WoopWoop Member

@twain said: Perhaps Kimsufi support will attach a SATA drive via USB-to-SATA so you can copy to that.. Have no idea if they would be willing to do anything like that, but worth a sht..

That's actually a solid idea, I'll ask but I'm not counting on OVH to reply to the ticket in a quick manner.

@skirtTight said: Woop, being a ratiofag really fucks it up for other people.

When someone else who can't raise their ratio because you people make it impossible them, and then that someone gets suspended for having a low ratio.

Live with it.

??? Someone hasn't had their cofffee this morning.

If I had a decent ratio, I probably would of never posted this thread.

And its more the opposite of what your saying, If I delete all my torrents, I'm gonna screw it up for other people as no one is seeding the torrent anymore.

@Damian said: Ah, understood. Too bad your requirement is a "kimsufi box".

Well it doesn't have to be a Kimsufi box, I'm open to suggestions ;)

@Dragoon0309 said: Get a large storage buyvm

Already got a non-storage box there, dunno if it's really worth getting a VM just for this and then transferring data half away across the world and back.

@fly said: TIL messing up an apache config requires reinstalling.

Yessir, me and Apache don't get along to well. Neither does ISPconfig as I've found. Now I can't see the contents on any folders, I just get a 403 forbidden message from ISPconfig, even though the sites I'm accessing aren't even setup in ISPconfig. I've spent over a hour Googling it with no luck.

• @Woop said: ??? Someone hasn't had their cofffee this morning.

Look at their post history, it's just some moron who has too much time on their hands and a sad life, it doesn't have anything to do with coffee

• flyfly Member

@Woop said: Yessir, me and Apache don't get along to well. Neither does ISPconfig as I've found. Now I can't see the contents on any folders, I just get a 403 forbidden message from ISPconfig, even though the sites I'm accessing aren't even setup in ISPconfig. I've spent over a hour Googling it with no luck.

take your time

a webserver configuration error doesn't require wiping your server.

• @Woop said: And its more the opposite of what your saying, If I delete all my torrents, I'm gonna screw it up for other people as no one is seeding the torrent anymore.

If those torrents are actually wanted then that means there's quite a few people seeding them too, its a private tracker afterall.
    There's probably some other torrent with the same files, or nobody really wants them.

Instead, go seed on tpb.

• @Woop said: Anywho I have about 160gb of torrents on there, I don't want to loose them when I reinstall, so I was wondering if anyone have some space on their Kimsufi box, would they let me rsync my stuff over and then I can copy it back when I'm done?

You willing to share a copy of them?

If yes, I've got a good half the drive empty you can use.

• Are you on IRC? I've got one sitting idle I was planning to reinstall soon, but i can try and set up and ftp acct for you

• @Woop said: Well it doesn't have to be a Kimsufi box, I'm open to suggestions ;)

It does, because otherwise, you're asking whoever's gonna supply it for 160*2 GB of bandwidth too, and I don't believe many will find that idea entertaining.

Internal OVH<->OVH transfer is free and not counted.

• @Woop said: Yessir, me and Apache don't get along to well. Neither does ISPconfig as I've found. Now I can't see the contents on any folders, I just get a 403 forbidden message from ISPconfig, even though the sites I'm accessing aren't even setup in ISPconfig. I've spent over a hour Googling it with no luck.

I can help but for a fee.

• WoopWoop Member

I saw that guide before, I'm probably going to go with https://github.com/Notos/seedbox-from-scratch/ since it seems to a few more things.

@texteditor said: Are you on IRC? I've got one sitting idle I was planning to reinstall soon, but i can try and set up and ftp acct for you

Thanks mate, but I've already found someone.

@Wintereise said: It does, because otherwise, you're asking whoever's gonna supply it for 160*2 GB of bandwidth too, and I don't believe many will find that idea entertaining.

Internal OVH<->OVH transfer is free and not counted.

True true, oh well I've sorted it anywho.

@Noerman said: I can help but for a fee.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm going to use the script above to setup rutorrent and whatnot, shouldn't be a problem after this.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@twain said: Perhaps Kimsufi support will attach a SATA drive via USB-to-SATA so you can copy to that.. Have no idea if they would be willing to do anything like that, but worth a sht..

You can order an external HDD that will be connected to the server via USB, but it comes with a hefty monthly fee and can not be cancelled (only with cancelling the server itself). If you think they're going to go out of their way and temporarily attach some HDD just because they're so nice (and for free? :D), you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO idea who OVH is or how they operate.

• Two tips: one, don't upload/download any of the freeleech stuff you've got as you can re-snatch that without penalty, and two: if you are hurting for ratio and have free seedbox space you should be loading up every single freeleech thing you you can and never remove them until they go off freeleech or you finally are desperate for that free space

• Isn't ordering a brand new 2G cheaper than attaching a USB-HDD too?

• WoopWoop Member

@rm_ said: You can order an external HDD that will be connected to the server via USB, but it comes with a hefty monthly fee and can not be cancelled (only with cancelling the server itself). If you think they're going to go out of their way and temporarily attach some HDD just because they're so nice (and for free? :D), you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO idea who OVH is or how they operate.

Yea I was thinking that, I don't think they would even bother replying to the ticket in the first place.

@texteditor said: Two tips: one, don't upload/download any of the freeleech stuff you've got as you can re-snatch that without penalty, and two: if you are hurting for ratio and have free seedbox space you should be loading up every single freeleech thing you you can and never remove them until they go off freeleech or you finally are desperate for that free space

1 tracker I have a 3tb buffer, so no problems there. The other tracker however is just for music, and all the freeleech stuff has like 0 leechers anyway, so that's probably not going to help.

I had a look and I'm seeding around 300 torrents atm, yet I've only upload 12gb and my ratio is 0.2

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Woop said: Yea I was thinking that, I don't think they would even bother replying to the ticket in the first place.

They'll probably just tell you to order it through the control panel.

• @Woop said: 1 tracker I have a 3tb buffer, so no problems there. The other tracker however is just for music, and all the freeleech stuff has like 0 leechers anyway, so that's probably not going to help.

I had a look and I'm seeding around 300 torrents atm, yet I've only upload 12gb and my ratio is 0.2

No, I completely understood you, and I know which tracker you are referring to, and even though it shows 0 leechers at any one time I frequently upload 1-2GB daily on said tracker from freeleech stuff alone

also you have to add the IP for tracker.when.tv to your hosts file since ovh does some weird shit to make their connections timeout

• PM my username on the site