Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TurnkeyInternet: black Friday 2016
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TurnkeyInternet: black Friday 2016

wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
edited November 2016 in General

Turnkeyinternet has started it's Black Friday offers today.

I have been with them for a few years now and have been very happy with them.

Comments

• what service are you using now?

• Sorry but I don't see anything special in dedicated servers :(

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2016

@imok: you should be able to see this large ad on their site: https://turnkeyinternet.net/ or have a look at: https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

• @nocket:

I have the Quadcore server from Black Friday last year (it was priced at 10 USD/month), but now it is only 8 USD/month ! Last year it only had 10Mb/s (unlimited) without extra cost. This year they added 100 Mb/s (5 TB) without extra cost.

I also have the cPanel hosting.

Support has been top notch. I had no problems but contacted them a few times for a reinstall, upgrade etc ...

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I browsed them earlier today. While the pricing for the servers is not bad, any upgrade costs arm and leg.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited November 2016

Am warning everyone from turkeyinternet! I was DDoSed for ~15min and my server went down. I got a invoice over $100 to pay them because someone DSoSed me! Please note that I dident overused the bandwidth!!
    Server got suspended and was said to me when I pay I can get my data.

If you are confident paying $100+ per DDoS, just sign up.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2016

@AlexBarakov: I was able to get an update for a very reasonable one-time fee.

@WHT: I once read a similar remark on TurnkeyInternet elsewhere (amid many positive reviews), but of course I don't know what happened in your case. Perhaps their DDOS protection (5 USD/month) would have avoided this situation ? But again, I have nothing but positive experience with them.

• Was waiting for their reseller hosting with whmcs under $10 per month for black friday however seems they increased prices of reseller hosting

• @wlambrechts said: I was able to get an update for a very reasonable one-time fee.

what is a reasonable one-time fee ? i recall each install is a $25 billed next invoice ... that really keeps me away as i can really mess up an env and paying so many times for reinstalls is no go for me.

• I installed proxmox and installed vm's so I could mess with the vm's as much as I want

• what happens when you mess proxmox so bad that a reinstall is needed.. off course, painful lessons.

• never had a proxmox mess up myself and once setup the only thing you need is to modify ip forwards to your vm's.

• one time installs for the wise and experienced with super prices is fine, but for me i want to able to clean my mess and restart again :)

btw, if you have notes/links on proxmox setup would be nice if you share. Thanks in advance.

• @WHT said:
    Am warning everyone from turkeyinternet! I was DDoSed for ~15min and my server went down. I got a invoice over $100 to pay them because someone DSoSed me! Please note that I dident overused the bandwidth!!

That just killed the deal for me.

• @elwebmaster said:

@WHT said:

Just saying because hurts when you have $15 in paypal and someone asking for $100+ to get your data.

Btw. The story is 3-4 years old.

• @WHT said:

@elwebmaster said:

@WHT said:

Just saying because hurts when you have $15 in paypal and someone asking for $100+ to get your data.

Btw. The story is 3-4 years old.

It says they provide basic DDoS protection when you checkout.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

" A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work performed by TurnKey Internet to resolve SPAM violations. "

"If, as a result of a Customer's actions, TurnKey Internet's mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, TurnKey Internet shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work."

"Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250. Services may remain suspended or offline until such time that these fees are paid, infull, or alternate terms are agreed to by our billing department during normal business hours. Customers subscribed to our DoS & DDoS filtering plans shall be exempt from these fees unless the combined number of incidents or combined incident bandwidth consumption exceeds the limits as defined in said customers filtering plan. "

https://turnkeyinternet.net/policies/

• Try their vps once, after payment i asked to support how long usually they provision time, their answer is refund

• @wlambrechts said:
    @imok: you should be able to see this large ad on their site: https://turnkeyinternet.net/ or have a look at: https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

What I'm trying to say is there are better deals out there. Virmach E3 dedicated for example :)

• @Neoon said:
    " A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work performed by TurnKey Internet to resolve SPAM violations. "

"If, as a result of a Customer's actions, TurnKey Internet's mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, TurnKey Internet shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work."

"Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250. Services may remain suspended or offline until such time that these fees are paid, infull, or alternate terms are agreed to by our billing department during normal business hours. Customers subscribed to our DoS & DDoS filtering plans shall be exempt from these fees unless the combined number of incidents or combined incident bandwidth consumption exceeds the limits as defined in said customers filtering plan. "

https://turnkeyinternet.net/policies/

Wow that's INSANE. No one should be buying from them. I wonder what they do if you just refuse to pay their crazy fees.

• i used their cloud server in the past,
    io, connectivity and uptime is good, but their cloud server performance was lower than i expected, i felt that my cloud server core perfomance was throttled/limited

• Lol, they increase prices than discount from increased back to regular. Also many offers need to prepay annually to get lower cost..

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • How can this shit be 90% off? It's not like the regular price is $500/mo for an old X5650. What a ripoff!

/end of rant

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:

wowzers!

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2016

@FredQc said:
    How can this shit be 90% off? It's not like the regular price is $500/mo for an old X5650. What a ripoff!

/end of rant

The ad says up to 95% off.

• as far as ddos is concerned: I guess they use this clause in the contract to cover themselves just in case... but I really won't believe they execute it when you are not at fault...

btw: why not put a free cloudflare or cheap ddos protected vpn (eg: ovh) in front of it?

• Took one of their shared plans for BF last year. Put a handful of Wordpress on it and after a couple of weeks I got suspended for supposed email abuse. I asked for logs and they failed to provide any to sustain their report. Eventually they had me unsuspended and a week back suspended the account again for a Wordpress getting bruteforce. I asked for logs again and they failed to provide once again. I asked them to suspend the bare minimum in the future because if one site is affected the rest shouldn't suffer and that's what a provider with it's act together does.
    They didn't even care and suspended the sites again a while later for another supposed abuse for which they failed to provide logs.
    When I told them I will file a formal complaint with a manager for the lack of background on their claims they said I got 24 hours to move my data as they will cancel my account and give me a refund.
    Gonna do the same mistake again? I don't think so!

Thanked by 2Lunar Waldo19
  • JorboxJorbox Member
    edited November 2016

As I read from past reviews Turnkeyinternet will lock down your WordPress wp-admin so only your IP address can access it , I think this thing is none of their business, especially when you have dynamic IP address.
    No provider can provide services like BuyShared but I wish they provide WHMCS for their customers , this will change everything

• Strange these messages ... I have been with them for 2 years (Black Friday offers) and have not encountered any of these difficulties. On the contrary: they were always helpful and friendly when I contacted them.

• @wlambrechts said:
    Strange these messages ... I have been with them for 2 years (Black Friday offers) and have not encountered any of these difficulties. On the contrary: they were always helpful and friendly when I contacted them.

Its strange how you ressist to convert garbige in gold.

Thanked by 1Jorbox