Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Hosting provider Early sign up deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Hosting provider Early sign up deals

NickGHNickGH Member
edited April 2013 in Offers

We just launched www.gaugedhosting.com and are offering a great deal on our VPS Packages.

6g Budget VPS Package
Ram: 64M / 128M
Space: 5GB
Bandwidth: 100GB
Port: Gigabit
IP: 1 x IPv4
$1.25 /month recuring (use discount code LEB6G125)

00g Premium VPS Package
Ram: 1024M / 1.5G
Space: 30GB
Bandwidth: 1000GB
Port: Gigabit
IP: 1 x IPv4
$7.00/Month Recuring (use discount code LEB00G7)

All other packages at 20% off (Use discount code LEB2013)

Promotions expires Dec 31, 2013

Test IP:

Test File for download: 192.111.148.101/100mb.test

Server location: Dacentec Lenoir, NC

Comments

• Location? test ips?

• Considering your website doesnt even work...

• NickGHNickGH Member
    edited April 2013

@joodle I overlooked that, i will have them for you here shortly.

• NickGHNickGH Member
    edited April 2013

@spencer my website works just fine for me, the discounts are taken in the cart. What is the issue you are having?

1. I'm getting default webpage
    2. https://gaugedhosting.com:2083/
    3. You said you just launched but your Facebook page says you launched in Feb?
  • My question is getting totally ignored, i love being ignored

• @philND that was when we created the facebook page to start getting followers. i will admit i have taken extra time to get 100% up and running.

• PhilNDPhilND Member
    edited April 2013

@NickGH, visit your website without www.
    http://gaugedhosting.com/

• @philND i will fix that shortly, thank you for bringing that to my attention. for now please use the www.gaugedhosting.com for now.

• @joodle said: My question is getting totally ignored, i love being ignored

I have updated the offer to include that information. Thank you for pointing out my oversight.

• No, just no.

• i will admit i have taken extra time to get 100% up and running.

Your privacy policy page leads to your terms of service page. Your terms of service aren't even applicable to a web hosting provider (the only thing of substance on the TOS page is the terms for a "use license" which would be applicable to a software site or content provider not to a web hosting provider...same TOS appears word for word on 500,000 other CMS's). Do you consider offering a service with a TOS like that to be "100% up and running"?

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

• NickGHNickGH Member
    edited April 2013

@domainBop I am working on a custom tailored TOS and Privacy policy for our site. I understand they are a template right now but keep in mind i just started, everyone has to start somewhere. Rest assured that my service is on par with other host's here. Please give us a chance, it is dificult to start a new business no matter how much you know about that industry (11 years experience hosting and working on servers).

• Protip; dont start offering services until you've finished your website, servers and whatnot. You don't see people renting out cars they do not yet own.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2013

i will admit i have taken extra time to get 100% up and running.

@NickGH said: i just started, everyone has to start somewhere

@NickGH said: (11 years experience hosting and working on servers).

They do not fit together in one place. Best of luck with your business :)

...Oh yeah,

...summer is almost here.

• @sariesn They do fit together when you take the time to think about it instead of trolling... I just started on my own, but i have been an employee working on these systems for years. when you start a business you just started, it doesnt mean you know nothing, you just finally took the reigns for your self for the first time...

And yes summer is here, it will also be followed by fall and then winter.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Hassan - is that from an old movie? I'm looking at that thinking that if that was shot in 1930 or something, it would have been monstrously expensive to shoot if it was a real locomotive, but I can't tell on a low-res gif if perhaps it was a model.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

@raindog308 said:

@Hassan - is that from an old movie? I'm looking at that thinking that if that was shot in 1930 or something, it would have been monstrously expensive to shoot if it was a real locomotive, but I can't tell on a low-res gif if perhaps it was a model.

From the movie The General in 1926** and it was the most expensive shot in silent film history.

• ChanChan Member

is it just me?

• Chan said "is it just me?"

It's supposed to do that. I believe that is one of the included features when you host a site at Burst.net :P

• @NickGH No offence, but before launching your business and/or website it's best to have everything tested and working, including SSL, TOS, website etc. We launched only 2 months ago, but we had been working on our site and systems for a few weeks to make sure it's all perfect prior to launching.

• LeeLee Veteran

@nickGH - I see 2 mistakes so far. Your first was posting the offer, the 2nd was then trying to justify the mess you call a website.

The 3rd mistake is coming, I hope you have cream to relieve your pain.

• Well I am assuming this is openVZ can't find that anywhere. Chrome warns me about even visiting the site.

• tommytommy Member

@NickGH said: for now please use the www.gaugedhosting.com for now.

Oh My!!! only take few click in cPanel to redirect www.gaugedhosting.com to gaugedhosting.com, you don't know how to do that? I can help you with that, no more than 1 minute :)

• sonicsonic Veteran

Summer summer summer =))

• @sonic said: Summer summer summer =))

Still people will go for it and after 2 mo, open thread on every single forum complaining.

• LESLES Member

Gauged Hosting
    P.O. Box N
    Allentown, Pennsylvania 18105
    United States

• @LES I live about a half hour from allentown, funny.