Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Configuring KVM for better performance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Configuring KVM for better performance

libro22libro22 Member
edited April 2013 in Help

Hi all.

I'm having a slight performance problem on my KVM VPS. There is a big difference in I/O performance between the host and the guest and I don't know where and what to look for anymore.

The drives have been tested and it's not faulty. I switched to virtio two months ago via SolusVM and the performance improved but occasionally when doing simple tar extractions, it would go bad. High loads and laggy websites. This would go on for a few minutes only though while the extraction is processing. But my question is, after setting up VirtIO in solus, do I still need to configure fstab and grub boot? I'm using LVM on the guest.

Also, I was suggested to upgrade my kernel. Current version is 2.6.32-379.19.1.lve1.2.7.el6.x86_64. Is the upgrade necessary? I'm using CloudLinux6 based on CentOS, for the guest.

Sorry, I'm not much fully familiar will all these things yet, so I greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Comments