Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Spec NZ VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low Spec NZ VPS

TaneTane Member
edited November 2016 in Requests

Hello,

Looking for a small VPS based out of Auckland.
Any Data Centre is fine as most big carriers peer into the main ones here.

Just need a low Spec VPS to run Ubuntu/OpenVPN for myself - Preferred Specs:

• 128mb Ram / 128mb Swap
  • 10GB HDD
  • 1 x IPv4
  • 500GB Bandwidth
  • IPv6 - would be nice, but not a requirement
  • TUN/TAP

Have been using a NAT VPS for the past month or so but there has been ongoing issues (Current outage 16 hours and counting) and aren't being forthcoming re an ETA for a fix.

I travel a lot for work around NZ/overseas, so just want a fixed IP for remote access/watching TVNZ On Demand/etc. Nothing dodgy.

Budget would be $5 a month - but open to whatever offers are out there.

Comments

• BasilBasil Member
    edited November 2016

I think this fits your spec, I've only had a good experience with them. zappiehost.com/new-zealand-vps

• i-83.net

• @WalrusBug said:
    I think this fits your spec, I've only had a good experience with them. zappiehost.com/new-zealand-vps

I've had a great experience with ZappieHost in the past, but the Bandwidth limit is too low for my price range. If no-one else comes back, I may contact them to see what they can do.

@Arttu_Rantanen said:
    i-83.net

They are the NAT VPS I've been having issues with unfortunately, they have said they are deploying a new hypervisor to resolve it, but that was 2 weeks ago and still having issues (VPS goes down, or is up but only SSH works)

• Tane said: but the Bandwidth limit is too low for my price range

How much bandwidth are you looking for?

• @telephone said:

Tane said: but the Bandwidth limit is too low for my price range

How much bandwidth are you looking for?

Updated post.. My fault for not listing it

Preferably 500GB but am flexible (Or like i-83 do, would be happy with Fair Use 100Mbps shared pool)

• BasilBasil Member
    edited November 2016

Vultr sydney might be an option, it's only 25~MS from Auckland, and has a higher traffic allowance (1TB) Compared to Zappiehost's 100GB

@Tane said:

Preferably 500GB but am flexible (Or like i-83 do, would be happy with Fair Use 100Mbps shared pool)

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

If you can pay semi-annually I'll meet your plan requirement... Feel free to PM me. :-)

Thanked by 1Tane
  • WalrusBug said: Vultr sydney might be an option, it's only 25~MS from Auckland, and has a higher traffic allowance (1TB) Compared to Zappiehost's 100GB

Won't work with geo-locked sites like the OP wanted (TVNZ and 3Now).

• +1 for @oliver had an auckland vps for 1 year no down time, network was awesome.

Thanked by 2Oliver Tane
  • Happy to say I have taken up @Oliver's offer and he is currently in the process of deploying it for me.

Thanks all for your help/Suggestions

Thanked by 2Oliver ATHK