Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Squid Proxy Installer-How to make high anonymity?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Squid Proxy Installer-How to make high anonymity?

Github link: https://github.com/hidden-refuge/spi

I want to make a high anonymity. How can I do it?

Comments

• The script is not working. Subject can be deleted.

• it works :)

• @century1stop :( I want to write a user name but no password. How can I run the script correctly?

• edited November 2016

I have successfully completed the installation. But ip-check.info site shows the real IP address.

• You won't get high anonymity using a single proxy, as it can easily be traced back to you. Even if you don't own or didn't pay for the IP, tracing it back to you will be trivial especially with HTTP.

A much better solution would be to use something like Tor, or if you must use a HTTP proxy setup Tor as a transparent proxy on your VPS then install Squid and redirect outgoing HTTP/HTTPS traffic through the Tor transparent proxy using iptables.

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited November 2016

There are quite a few ways how you real ip may leak even if you proxy is indeed "anonymous", webrtc, for example.

Also you can try using 3proxy instead of squid, it has by far less options but seems more suitable for the task - anonymous by default and has no cache/logs by default.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@Arttu_Rantanen said:
    I want to make a high anonymity. How can I do it?

Easiest why would be to use TOR network:

https://www.torproject.org/

However take a note that it still would need your understanding how internet works. As there is no way to protect user if he is not protecting himself (e.g. using TOR he will download and run "crack" found via search engine...).

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

OP is looking for this essentially:

cache_mgr [email protected]
    visible_hostname -
    via off
    forwarded_for off
    request_header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all

Or entire config, user file is htpasswd syntax/hashing

linuxthefish said: You won't get high anonymity using a single proxy, as it can easily be traced back to you. Even if you don't own or didn't pay for the IP, tracing it back to you will be trivial especially with HTTP.

...? WTF are you talking about? If your HTTP proxy does not send a header with your IP the server does not know SHIT who you are behind it, just like with any SOCKS or VPN.

You can use nginx as web proxy if you really want (very simple actually, just set $host as upstream proxy and * as server name, bam, open proxy) or any other webserver with reverse proxy capability; this is transparent to the server.

Gamma17 said: it has by far less options

3proxy has FAR MORE options than Squid, it is just by design more simple to use as SOCKS.

3proxy does eg. SMTP, HTTP, SOCKS, IMAP, user auth, cert auth, remote auth, radius....

• @William Do I add them to the squid.conf file?

• 2ip.io, dnsleaktest.com, whoer.net and ip-check.info sites show the real IP address.

I'm waiting for your help. Thank you.

@William I've adjusted it as you said, but the above sites show the real IP address.

• hm, no, works

Flash easily leaks your IP and JAVA also, JS should not though.

• @William said:

do you think its possible to add a flash in hidden frame and always get the ip? BUT what i would really like to know can flash be forced to run?

• ehab said: do you think its possible to add a flash in hidden frame and always get the ip? BUT what i would really like to know can flash be forced to run?

No? I don't even have flash installed like many Mac users by now (Windows also), same for JAVA.

You cannot force flash or java server side, that would be a massive security risk.

• @William Can you share sample squid.conf file content?

• WebRTC leaks your IP address from the browser by bypassing your proxy/VPN. For Chrome, install a plugin like "WebRTC Network Limiter" and set the option "Use my proxy server".

To setup a proxy server use https://github.com/jlund/streisand

• Arttu_Rantanen said: Can you share sample squid.conf file content?

The full config is linked in my post as paste.

• edited November 2016

I will delete all the code in Squid.conf file. Then I'm just going to add the codes you gave me? The proxy server does not work like this. @William

• Arttu_Rantanen said: The proxy server does not work like this.

Then you have the wrong Squid version or config - this is for Ubuntu and Debian only as the auth param file is on another directory on CentOS/RHEL. This is Squid3, anything else is old and should not be used anymore.

• I just installed the proxy linked by OP and it works. I checked the config and it has forward off and so it will not reveal the real IP. And I also see that the creator of that neat script has disabled logging by logging to trash aka null. So basically this proxy is a pretty high anonymous HTTP proxy. I see nothing wrong atleast.

A HTTP proxy cannot fix WebRTC, DNS and other kind of leaks. HTTP proxies simply tunnel HTTP traffic. WebRTC is a totally different protocol and so is DNS. So don't expect to get a fix for that kind of leaks when using a HTTP proxy. The HTTP proxy cannot fix it. You need to use SOCKS5 or so. Even better a VPN.

My guess is that OP is simply incompetent.

• @Cartman said:

A HTTP proxy cannot fix WebRTC, DNS and other kind of leaks. HTTP proxies simply tunnel HTTP traffic. WebRTC is a totally different protocol and so is DNS. So don't expect to get a fix for that kind of leaks when using a HTTP proxy. The HTTP proxy cannot fix it. You need to use SOCKS5 or so. Even better a VPN.

But do you actually need to "fix" webrtc? It can be just disabled in browser.
    And dns leaks can be avoided by setting either some public (google?) or self-hosted dns in connection settings.
    Overall if you setup things correctly (not just server, but client/browser too) simple http proxy can be good enough.
    Because sometimes vpn set as default route is an overkill...

• Hi, @William

My VPS > /etc/squid/squid.conf > squid.conf - Delete all content. > Paste these codes. > Save the file.

Which operating system should it use? Is the schema I wrote correct? Thanks.

• Hi, @Cartman

Even though WebRTC is off, there is still an IP leak.

• Arttu_Rantanen said: Which operating system should it use? Is the schema I wrote correct? Thanks.

I use Ubuntu 14, this will not work without changes to the auth on Ubuntu 16.