Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitcoins, Pounds & WHMCS - Suggestions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitcoins, Pounds & WHMCS - Suggestions?

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for suggestions on a service that will allow us to accept bitcoin payments. We have been searching for a while now and are coming up short as it seems very few have a working WHMCS module and support British Pounds.

Our needs are rather basic, at least IMO.

• Working WHMCS Module
  • Settlement in British Pounds
  • We are billing clients in Pounds

Suggestions?

Comments

• Bitpay?

• @Ishaq said:
    Bitpay?

Unfortunately their WHMCS module has been broken for quite a long time now.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

leckley said: Unfortunately their WHMCS module has been broken for quite a long time now.

Worked fine for me for a long time, what specific issue are you having?

The issue I have with bitpay is the that BTC is not a primary payment method and it has a £1000 (or near enough) settlement on it as a minimum.

• AnthonySmith said: The issue I have with bitpay is the that BTC is not a primary payment method and it has a £1000 (or near enough) settlement on it as a minimum.

Huh? Which tier are you on?

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

We use Coinify and it works great for doing all three of your requirements for us.

Ishaq said: Huh? Which tier are you on?

for GBP it states:

Pounds Sterling (GBP)

The minimum settlement is 1,000 GBP. Settlement will appear in your bank account after two business days.

• @AnthonySmith said:

leckley said: Unfortunately their WHMCS module has been broken for quite a long time now.

Worked fine for me for a long time, what specific issue are you having?

The issue I have with bitpay is the that BTC is not a primary payment method and it has a £1000 (or near enough) settlement on it as a minimum.

It has been a few months since we tried it so I am not entirely certain the errors we ran into then beyond it not working. Their module hasn't been updated for WHMCS7 either which will basically be the nail in the coffin either way before too long.

@SpartanHost said:
    We use Coinify and it works great for doing all three of your requirements for us.

Thank you, will check it out.

leckley said: Their module hasn't been updated for WHMCS7 either which will basically be the nail in the coffin either way before too long.

ah ok it will be php7 issues then no doubt.

• leckleyleckley Member
    edited November 2016

@AnthonySmith said:

leckley said: Their module hasn't been updated for WHMCS7 either which will basically be the nail in the coffin either way before too long.

ah ok it will be php7 issues then no doubt.

We haven't yet made the leap to WHMCS 7, we are still running WHMCS 6 + PHP5.

So I don't believe it was a PHP version issue.

@AnthonySmith said:

Ishaq said: Huh? Which tier are you on?

for GBP it states:

Pounds Sterling (GBP)

The minimum settlement is 1,000 GBP. Settlement will appear in your bank account after two business days.

Well, that sucks.

If only Stripe supported bitcoin when using pounds :(

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

we have whmcs 7 with PHP 5.6 without issues.

Bitpay also working good with the above setup

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

We use Spectrocoin with WHMCS, though it's caused a bit of a headache recently. I know that they allow for settlement in EUR, I'm not sure about GBP though

• @Virpus said:
    We use Spectrocoin with WHMCS, though it's caused a bit of a headache recently. I know that they allow for settlement in EUR, I'm not sure about GBP though

We went round and round with them, their WHMCS module was broken all over the place.

Did they finally update it to fix all the issues?

• @leckley

Probably issue with your WHMCS instead of two modules failing at the same time.

• @Layer said:

@leckley

Probably issue with your WHMCS instead of two modules failing at the same time.

Spectrocoin confirmed there was ongoing issues with their module when we spoke with them. They noted they would be updating it to correct issues/errors, however at the time they couldn't provide a time line.