Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Denmark server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Denmark server

Hello!
I need advice from people who knows a lot of info about VPS with Denmark location.

I have to make some gamehost only for my team and upload one Call of Duty 2 server to that. I tried meebox.net, but it has so bad network connection. Server has been lagged always and its was unplayable.

So help us please to find VPS server with Denmark location which wouldn't lagging.
I think it should be 4GB of RAM. Not more then 17 EUROS per month.

Thanks!

Comments

• Vpspro.dk, ssdvps.dk, servage.dk, serverbite.dk.

Thanked by 2preslavl GCat
  • Thanks. But if anyone will send some another versions i will be greatful!

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

http://www.itcollection.dk/virtual-private-server-cloud-servers.html

https://cloud.dk/public-cloud/

Does the server have to be in Danmark? The network would be very similar in Tyskland or Sverige.

• Yes, we are Russians and its important for us that server should be from Denmark. Its easy to find Call of Duty 2 gamehosting from Germany or Sweden, but none sail Denmark location.
    We have 30 ping on Sweden, but opponent from Europe have 60 and dont want to play. On Denmark they have 20-30, but we have 60 and its unfair for us too. On Denmark we have 40 and opponent have 40 and its fair. So thats why Denmark is so important.

• CoD2 runs fine on anything 256+mb, no need for the full 4gb (unless you plan on running a TON of server on it, simultaneously)

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited November 2016

--double post--

• @teamacc said:
    CoD2 runs fine on anything 256+mb, no need for the full 4gb (unless you plan on running a TON of server on it, simultaneously)

We tried 2GB on meebox and its lagging as shit. Its only about network or?

• @dizzibro said:

@teamacc said:
    CoD2 runs fine on anything 256+mb, no need for the full 4gb (unless you plan on running a TON of server on it, simultaneously)

We tried 2GB on meebox and its lagging as shit. Its only about network or?

I've got 2 cod4 and 1 cod2 server running on a 756mb xen server and it runs fine. Had issues with openvz in the past though, so i'd avoid that. kvm is fine also.

Mostly you're going to be limited by cpu performance. Each player takes up about 2-3% of a core, depending how heavy your mod is and how fast your cpu is.

You could try some vpsses in poland or hungary, as denmark generally has some shit connectivity to the world. I got a cod2 server set up in hungary, pm me for the ip for you to test.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

dizzibro said: We tried 2GB on meebox and its lagging as shit. Its only about network or?

>

It is probably not the network, as I've tried Cloud.DK (Meebox) and network performance was great. The issue will be with CPU usage/allocation. You may need multiple high frequency cores.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited November 2016

teamacc said: You could try some vpsses in Poland or Hungary

This may be useful

• jenkki said: You could try some vpsses in Poland or Hungary

Germany makes far more sense...

• William said: Germany makes far more sense...

BW in Germany not really unlimited, just fair use.. Poland more reliable and has a great connectivity between East and West Europe.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

jenkki said: BW in Germany not really unlimited, just fair use..

You get this idea from where? We burn PB/month in DE for few hundred EUR...

• Many providers in Germany have 1-5tb traffic at a Gbit port for a reasonable price. :)

• William said: You get this idea from where?

Testing, testing.. BW in Poland unmetered without limitations like in Russia for example. Those who limit BW just cheat with it.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

jenkki said: Testing, testing.. BW in Poland unmetered without limitations like in Russia for example. Those who limit BW just cheat with it.

Weird because i see the other side - my HU and PL ISPs complain of my usage usually as the traffic uses transit.

What you describe is the "local traffic exchange" problem, your HU ISP does not care as, for now, you use only their peering - try to use a Gbit transit west bound for a month on a 100EUR 1Gbit unmetered szervernet box...

Unlike in eastern Europe not having fine print with limitations is also not very legal in DE, making it generally more safe to buy.

• To come back to the question I would recommend this provider for Germany:
    https://www.kms-hosting.com/rootserver

They provide you with 10gbit shared network with 2tb traffic per month and then throttle to 10mbit, but last I had like 3 and they did not.
    Furthermore they have there own special ddos protection protecting up to 250gbit ddos (with options you can use in there panel but don't have to).

Atm they have a special offer for 15€ including 19℅ vat with 4 cores 8gb ram and 500gb HDD raid 10. They use kvm as virtualization.

Greetings Kevin

• The OP is clearly not interested in anything that isnt halfway from both germany and russia, so germany is not an option. I'd advice mikrovps.com, xhostfire.com and @cociu's brand that is on the tip of my tongue.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited November 2016

teamacc said: I'd advice mikrovps.com, xhostfire.com and @cociu's brand

Just interesting why? So far away from DK for a bridge :)

• @jenkki said:

teamacc said: I'd advice mikrovps.com, xhostfire.com and @cociu's brand

Just interesting why? So far away from DK for a bridge :)

Due to OP's request for a server with equal pings for russian and "west european" players.

• teamacc said: Due to OP's request for a server with equal pings for russian and "west european" players.

Do you think Romania location a better for DK than Poland, less ping, etc? RM has a poor or very questionable connectivity around Europe

• jenkki said: RM has a poor or very questionable connectivity around Europe

RM ... i hope you dont meen Romania

Thanked by 1lion
  • cociu said: RM ... i hope you dont meen Romania

Wake up