Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8gb 2 core SSD Windows VPS required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8gb 2 core SSD Windows VPS required

CheethCheeth Member
edited November 2016 in Requests

Hi, I'm looking for as the title says,

I have my own server 2012 licences, I'm looking for something budget and high performance.

Xeon E3 or E5, I have been paying $17 which I got on offer 2 years ago and looking to get another one, location Europe or US,

SSD minimum 80gb

Thank you,
Paul

Comments

• Wait until @Francisco delivers his promised slices to east-US and EU.

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

We can't come close to that price, but all our Pure SSD plans are currently 30% off (use promo fall1630). http://virpus.com/windows-vps.php

Good luck!

• @Virpus said:
    We can't come close to that price

Then why do you post?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

TheOnlyDK said: Then why do you post?

To promote ones services I presume.

@Cheeth, how about a budget dedicated server? You don't mention number of cores, and presumably you would get at most a single dedicated core for that E3. In which case, perhaps a dedicated server with an i3 would be suitable?

I will check our availability of SSDs but if interested, we can offer something like the following:

Intel i3-2120T
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    120GB SSD
    Windows Server 2012 (your own license)
    1 IP Address
    1TB Traffic

Located in the EU (Lithuania)

Monthly Fee: EUR 30 (+21% VAT if you are in the EEC, unless you are VAT registered).

We have a Xen based VPS service too with pure SSD storage. You mentioned KVM but maybe Xen works too?

• CheethCheeth Member
    edited November 2016

Thank you, here's the invoice I recieved from the VPS I currently have to take a deeper look, http://d.pr/i/n7lN and http://d.pr/i/SwKR because I've had it before I know the deal can be done. I believe it was 2 core 4 threads. With regards to Xen probably be okay as long as I can ithas server 2012 on it

• @teamacc said:
    Wait until @Francisco delivers his promised slices to east-US and EU.

When would this be? And why wait?

• you want ssl mabye?

• @SSLForYou said:
    you want ssl mabye?

Nope dont need that thanks

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Cheeth said:

@teamacc said:

Later this month is the goal, early next at the latest :) The prices would be as you see them at https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

I didn't ring in on this thread since we were around ~100% higher than your target price.

Thank you to those that put our name forward.

Francisco

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Hello,

You can combine 4xKVM SSD packages on wishosting.com. You'll get 4vCores, 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD for $20/mo

• @Francisco said:

Will that include the Europe location too?

• netenginetengi Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

I can offer
    Intel Celeron J1900 (4core)

8GB RAM

120SSD

40$

Or VDS with SSD, but price 25$

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

I'm not sure on 8GB, but SpeedyKVM's standard $12/m Seattle plan includes 2 vCPU E5-2630 v4, 6GB RAM, 86GB SSD storage. They allow Windows BYOL, as I recall @SpeedyKVM_Ryan

• @Francisco said:

@Cheeth said:

@teamacc said:

Later this month is the goal, early next at the latest :) The prices would be as you see them at https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

I didn't ring in on this thread since we were around ~100% higher than your target price.

Francisco
    @Francisco said:

@Cheeth said:

@teamacc said:

Francisco
    @Francisco said:

@Cheeth said:

@teamacc said:

Francisco

How can I find out if what I've currently got is dedicated or shared? I didn't know DO is shared CPU usage, have you got a reference for that? I have 2 VPS with them, what is your uptime SLA?

Thank you,

• @exception0x876 said:
    Hello,

You can combine 4xKVM SSD packages on wishosting.com. You'll get 4vCores, 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD for $20/mo
    @exception0x876 said:
    Hello,

Thank you, is it easy to install windows server 2012?

@Cheeth - Almost everyone out there is shared CPU unless designated otherwise. As for SLA we're 99.9%+. Windows 2012 is included in our pricing so you can just reinstall from the menu and you're all set.

Francisco

@Cheeth said:

Sure, it is included in the templates list.

• @exception0x876 said:

@Cheeth said:

Sure, it is included in the templates list.

Do you use logical cores or dedicated?

• @Francisco said:
    @Cheeth - Almost everyone out there is shared CPU unless designated otherwise. As for SLA we're 99.9%+. Windows 2012 is included in our pricing so you can just reinstall from the menu and you're all set.

Francisco

What CPUs will you use? for the dedicated cores?

@Cheeth said:

The cores are shared, but the core usage is unlimited.

Thanked by 1bersy

@Cheeth said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

What CPUs will you use? for the dedicated cores?

Either E3 1270v3's or 1241v3's. 3.5Ghz either way :)

Francisco

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2016

@exception0x876 said:

@Cheeth said:

The cores are shared, but the core usage is unlimited.

Pardon me - what does this mean? If I max out two cores 23.5 hours a day but let someone else use them for 30 minutes, am I violating the shared rule or using the unlimited offer?

• Its not worth in my opinion to buy a VPS with 8GB. Better get a dedicated server.

@jiggawattz said:
    Pardon me - what does this mean? If I max out two cores 23.5 hours a day but let someone else use them for 30 minutes, am I violating the shared rule or using the unlimited offer?

There is no shared rule for our KVM plans, I just meant the cores are shared between qemu processes on the host system. You can use CPU resources 24/7, however since the cores are not dedicated, you will get your CPU time on the best effort basis.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2016

@exception0x876 Maybe I don't know how good or fair the KVM hypervisor divvies up vCPUs - but if my VPS is allocated 2 (shared) vCPUs and I run a zcash miner and my VPS makes significant request for CPU time, is that okay?

@jiggawattz said:
    Maybe I don't know how good or fair the KVM hypervisor divvies up vCPUs - but if my VPS is allocated 2 (shared) vCPUs and I run a zcash miner and my VPS makes significant request for CPU time, is that okay?

That's ok, but as I said above you might not get 100% of 2 cores power all the time, so the hashrate of your miner will be a bit jumpy.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2016

@Cheeth said:

as you use to buy such services on ebay and even don't care sharing your personal data in public boards, I'd say a provider like https://contabo.com/?show=vps is a good fit for your needs ;-)

• Aren't windows vps's are comes with built-in corporate license and included to price? I believe it is better to find clean vps which would be lower priced.