Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] Dacentec 6 bay storage server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] Dacentec 6 bay storage server

hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Hi all,
From discussions with @Dacentec, I can't send my own drives in unless the server is out of the RTO period. Is there anyone whose server is coming up for 12 months old, and wants rid? If so, send me a figure and I'll think about it. If you have a server with them that is owned, and want to sell it to me, feel free to also send me a figure.

Thanks

Harry

Comments

• @hawc said:
    Hi all,
    From discussions with @Dacentec, I can't send my own drives in unless the server is out of the RTO period. Is there anyone whose server is coming up for 12 months old, and wants rid? If so, send me a figure and I'll think about it. If you have a server with them that is owned, and want to sell it to me, feel free to also send me a figure.

Thanks

Harry

Good luck but I don't think there are any 6 bay RTO models though, I believe most or all 6 bay models are rent only models.

• You need to send 6 drives?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

OpticalSwoosh said: You need to send 6 drives?

In the end - yes :)

edited November 2016

If I cant get that, anyone here offering disk colo for several disks?

• @hawc said:

I shot you a PM.

• @hawc said:

I think delimiter offer some sort of you send your own disk type of colo before, not sure what it is called though and their reps are no longer active on LET...

• @hawc said:

If Dallas is okay I might be able to put you in touch with someone

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited November 2016

@spammy said:

@hawc said:

I think delimiter offer some sort of you send your own disk type of colo before, not sure what it is called though and their reps are no longer active on LET...

Trust me - I can tell you that @hawc will never touch delimiter after what his friend went through with drive colocation.

Thanked by 1Tom

I'd rather not have my home address plastered all over the internet.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Have you tried contacting dacentec about the possibility of buying one of their 6-bay chassis yet?

teamacc said: Have you tried contacting dacentec about the possibility of buying one of their 6-bay chassis yet?

Just did, they won't sell me hardware.