Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DACENTEC >>> OPTERON 8GB > 2x2TB (BONUS 3TB ADDITIONAL STORAGE)- $35/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DACENTEC >>> OPTERON 8GB > 2x2TB (BONUS 3TB ADDITIONAL STORAGE)- $35/mo

dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep
edited November 2016 in Offers

Redundancy and preparedness.

The Dacentec datacenter in Lenoir NC is a uniquely designed highly available site.

• Our own building. We control the entire building, so emergency changes and fixes don't require a landlord approval or outside assistance.
  • Redundant Duke utility power feeds. Dual power feeds from two substations take diverse paths to our site where we have redundant transformers.
  • Redundant A+B generators. Many sites have redundant power, but share a single ATS/Genset. A and B power have isolated generators.
  • Redundant cooling sytems. Our unique design uses hot air containment and 'air corridors'. Servers share CRACs (Computer Room Air Conditioners) for redundancy.
  • Redundant Eaton 9395 UPS. Redundant UPS manufactured right here in North Carolina.
    8 Dedicated facilities and electrical staff. Electrical work is done by Centrilogic employees who work full time at the site all year long.

• Staff and Support. Dacentec is staffed by rotating shifts of dedicated Centrilogic employees. Average tenure is over 3 years.

• The backing and support of Centrilogic, one of the best names in enterprise, hybrid and managed hosting.

The Dacentec Difference

• 7 Day no questions asked money back guarantee for accounts without spam or abuse.
  • 7 Day grace period for non-payment.
  • No notification period for cancellations. Cancel anytime.
  • No bandwidth overage charges. One warning without penalty, then a choice of upgrading service or capping bandwidth.
  • No long term commitment or lock in, if your business model changes, end customer cancels or you just decide you want to do something different you can cancel all or part of your services with us.
  • Special offers and deals can be ordered by new and existing customers, you can even cancel your old service without penalty.
  • Flexible billing terms, pay monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Select the payment date that suits you best.
  • 24 Hour setup SLA, even on the weekends, ensures you have the resources you need when you need them.
  • Dedicated VLAN, your resources aren't sitting in a 'pool' with other customers resources.
  • 24/7/365 Onsite North America Based Sales and Support Gigabit ports

Unmanaged Supermicro Opteron 1385 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent (BONUS 3TB FREE)

Gigabit Port 10 TB monthly transfer. /29 IP Addresses (w/ justification) Free IP KVM loan on request NO LOCK IN - Month-to-Month Contract - Cancel anytime Hardware replacement including disk is free during the rental period. Remote Reboot Automated OS Installs Bandwidth Graph UNMANAGED.>>> ORDER NOW FOR $25/MONTH

Unmanaged Dell 2XL5420 16GB 2x1TB

Gigabit Port 10 TB monthly transfer. /29 IP Addresses (w/ justification) Free IP KVM loan on request NO LOCK IN - Month-to-Month Contract - Cancel anytime Hardware replacement including disk is free during the rental period. Remote Reboot Automated OS Installs Bandwidth Graph UNMANAGED>>> ORDER NOW FOR $35/MONTH

>>>>>>VIEW OUR COMPLETE LIST OF SERVERS HERE<<<<<<

SSAE16 SOC 2 Custom Rooms, Suites, Half and Full Cabinets No long term commitments – Flexible month-to-month terms Premium Blended Bandwidth Carrier Neutral – Diverse providers Dual Utility / UPS / Generator

Test IP 199.255.156.6

Test Site http://mirror.dacentec.com

Test Files http://mirror.dacentec.com/1000MB.bin http://mirror.dacentec.com/100MB.bin http://mirror.dacentec.com/10MB.bin

Comments

• Nice deals there's even some $20 servers.

• pioneercloudpioneercloud Member
    edited November 2016

Your title read :OPTERON 8GB > 2x2TB (BONUS 3TB ADDITIONAL STORAGE)- $25/mo

But the real price is $35

• Title is misleading... Price is $35, not $25.

• Nice.

https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=427

7TB for $35/month?

2x2TB and 4x750GB?

Ordering right now.

• Any info on which Opteron this is?

• Any rent to own servers?

• And seems like there is no RAID controller, won't work as well for what I had in mind...

• zrunnerzrunner Member
    edited November 2016

@isaacl said:
    Any info on which Opteron this is?

Title just says opteron but in the offer post it states: Opteron 1385 so its model 1385.
    cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Quad-Core+AMD+Opteron+1385

@vishalpatelz said:
    Any rent to own servers?

Dacentec usually do a lot of RTO servers if you check their server site: https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/

All those that are labeled RTO or dont include "rent only" they are rent to own machines.

edit:

Guess i should add that i'm just a customer, but i been with them for probably a year now (cant bother login to check) not had any real issues, just some minor with sales (missed tickets, long waiting time etc)

Had some issues with paypal/my cc/my bank a few months ago and they were super helpful, i got such a long grace-period on my payment i thought they would just terminate me in the end as i drag the payment.

And you can get better pricing if you go for 3/6/12 months payments, at least when i contacted sales about it, added some HDD's to one of my servers and instead of paying monthly for them i went with semi-annually (synced up with the server billing) and the HDD's addon price was cut in half.

• @zrunner said:

@isaacl said:

Title just says opteron but in the offer post it states: Opteron 1385 so its model 1385.

Duh, thanks! :)

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@isaacl said:

@zrunner said:

@isaacl said:

Duh, thanks! :)

It actually is for either the Opteron 1381 or the Opteron 1385. On the site they both list the bonus storage in the description.

@vishalpatelz said:
    Any rent to own servers?

We have numerous Rent to Own servers on the site but unfortunately the Opterons are not included in our RTO program.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Dacentec, would I be able to rent a server and then send my own HDDs in please?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

dacentec said: dacentec

Do you do BGP sessions on dedicated servers or just announce on your AS? (not with this price i guess though, but on higher maybe?)

• Possible to add more ram?

• For Opteron server with bonus storage link from the offer leads to $35 version, but if you go into server list there also seem to be exactly the same server for $25....

• Restock you VPS please!

• @zrunner said:

@isaacl said:

@vishalpatelz said:
    Any rent to own servers?

Dacentec usually do a lot of RTO servers if you check their server site: https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/

All those that are labeled RTO or dont include "rent only" they are rent to own machines.

edit:

Guess i should add that i'm just a customer, but i been with them for probably a year now (cant bother login to check) not had any real issues, just some minor with sales (missed tickets, long waiting time etc)

Had some issues with paypal/my cc/my bank a few months ago and they were super helpful, i got such a long grace-period on my payment i thought they would just terminate me in the end as i drag the payment.

And you can get better pricing if you go for 3/6/12 months payments, at least when i contacted sales about it, added some HDD's to one of my servers and instead of paying monthly for them i went with semi-annually (synced up with the server billing) and the HDD's addon price was cut in half.

Thanks mate,
    For RTO I can go monthly basis and after 12 months hardware will be mine is that correct?

• fxffxf Member
    edited November 2016

@Foul said:
    Nice.

https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=427

7TB for $35/month?

2x2TB and 4x750GB?

Ordering right now.

Hetzner's auctioned servers make that kind of deal available every day of the week. You're paying $10/mo for the 4x750GB, as Dacentec stocks the Opteron 1385 & 2x2TB option for $25/mo. $10/mo for another 3TB is nice but it's not "free".

• fxf said: it's not "free".

Why would i want more latency for germany when i could get better with US?

• There's no $25 dedi :(

• @hzr said:
    Possible to add more ram?

Depending on the server you check what upgrade options are available on each server by clicking on order and you'll end up on a page where you can do configuration of the machine.

@vishalpatelz said:
    Thanks mate,
    For RTO I can go monthly basis and after 12 months hardware will be mine is that correct?

That is correct here's a wiki page they have with some RTO info:
    wiki.dacentec.com/index.php?title=Rent_to_Own

@Ruriko said:
    There's no $25 dedi :(

Unfortunately all of the $25 one sold out rather quickly.

@hawc said:
    @Dacentec, would I be able to rent a server and then send my own HDDs in please?

I'm sorry but we do not allow customer equipment into Dedicated Servers. The exception to that is for any RTO servers that have completed their time and are now colocated servers.

edited November 2016

We had some confusion on the difference between the $25 servers and the $35 servers that were available. To make things easier and since we sold through the $25 setup quickly we just dropped the difference in price. Anyone who got the $35 version we'll add an account credit to your account after the first month. Feel free to open a ticket with [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanked by 2yomero zrunner
  • One more lesson not to buy such "too good for the price offers"....
    Server was delivered fairly fast, but then the trouble started...
    I wanted to install OS myself, so i selected an option with IP KVM during purchase, only to find out that said kvm is broken, it kicks me out to login page after ~10s-2m of usage, disconnecting any media connected and screen viewer. I created a ticket, and was answered that they know about this issue but do not know how to fix it, and that they can create usb drive with installer... but i will still have to relogin and restart java applet every few seconds to install OS. Spent few hours trying to do it, felt like an idiot and finally gave up. Then i tried to use provisioning system in control panel and it also failed to deploy chosen OS....
    At this point i've got "nothing works like it should, probably not a good idea to use this provider" feeling and wasted whole day, so i just submitted refund request...

As a side note - Opteron server has nvidia chipset and nvidia NIC's, support for which was dropped in centos7/rhel7, which is not good too....

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2016

@Gamma17 said:
    One more lesson not to buy such "too good for the price offers"....
    Server was delivered fairly fast, but then the trouble started...
    I wanted to install OS myself, so i selected an option with IP KVM during purchase, only to find out that said kvm is broken, it kicks me out to login page after ~10s-2m of usage, disconnecting any media connected and screen viewer. I created a ticket, and was answered that they know about this issue but do not know how to fix it, and that they can create usb drive with installer... but i will still have to relogin and restart java applet every few seconds to install OS. Spent few hours trying to do it, felt like an idiot and finally gave up. Then i tried to use provisioning system in control panel and it also failed to deploy chosen OS....
    At this point i've got "nothing works like it should, probably not a good idea to use this provider" feeling and wasted whole day, so i just submitted refund request...

As a side note - Opteron server has nvidia chipset and nvidia NIC's, support for which was dropped in centos7/rhel7, which is not good too....

The problem is you went into this with the wrong expectations. This is a BUDGET server at a BUDGET cost, along with that comes some small inconveniences. I too noticed the Lantronics fun that happens which you report, this is likely because they use a proxy of some kind in front of the devices and it seems to not do very well at keep alive. That said, I knew going in I was getting a deal and if I didn't want to mess with it I should have requested the OS I wanted to be loaded beforehand and let them install it for me.

For me, even though it was a bit of a pain to deal with re-logging in, I was still able to get the server installed and setup with-in a reasonable period. The fact they even provide you a KVM over IP at the price point of these deals is surprising as they have to have someone go down there and hook it up for you and don't charge you anything to do this. If you want a better KVM experience then order one of their more expensive servers that has a permanent KVM on it where the connection will be better. Otherwise, see if you can find a connection or use a proxy which maybe is closer in location to them to see if this helps with the drop outs.

The fact their auto install system didn't work does suck, but again, I think if you would have requested their support install the operating system you needed you could have avoided the whole issue.

If you went in with the correct expectations and/or just had them setup the OS for you to begin with then there would have been no 'lesson' to learn.

Not saying it isn't frustrating to you to have to deal with this, but far too many people come here looking to get a great deal on something and then complain when its not the same quality as a product worth twice the cost. People never stop to consider there is a reason they can afford to rent something that most providers would likely charge twice the cost for at such a cheap rate. For what you get from Dacentec at such a cheap price I think its an amazing deal, even with all the ups, downs and frustrations.

I am reminded of this to demonstrate my point:

Next time consider this when purchasing a budget item and you will have a much better experience, regardless of the host or service.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• TheLinuxBug,
    Yes, i understand that. But even buying the cheapest service possible i still expect things to work. It means that i would probably still buy it without kvm option and just use preinstalled OS, but if they offer this option it should work correctly. Or they should at least give me a warning that this feature is unstable.
    My opinion anyway....

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • I've been a Dacentic customer for about a year so far and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I first started out with one of their black Friday deals and as expected it took about 24 hours to setup the servers. I chose to install my own OS and was having a hard time with the install so I just decided to install ESXi. Since then I’ve had ZERO issues with hardware, support, sales or even downtime. I was so pleased I opened another account for the company I work for and even referred multiple friends to them. For their prices, I was expecting some issues specifically in the support and downtime area but so far (knock on wood) I’ve had none.

For the price I pay, I cannot find another provider that provides the same specs in a dedi box and the level of support.

BTW their latency and speeds are amazing. I host a testing and a basic file/web server up there and I average ~ 250MB down and +600 MB up. My coworker host a game server and he gets about ~20ms to cali.