Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leapswitch opens New office
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leapswitch opens New office

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran
edited November 2016 in Providers

Hello everyone,

We at LeapSwitch inaugurated our new office some time ago. Office is about 3200 sqft and divided into a NOC room which seats 6 techs, 2 cabins, 1 conference room which seats 20, and open seating for about 50 staff members. Here are some pics from the new office -

Office being decorated for the event -

Cutting the ribbon -

Part of LeapSwitch team -

Ishan (that's me :) ) presenting during the event -

We3cares team sharing their experience with us over past 7 years -

More pics -
https://m.facebook.com/pg/leapswitch/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1291618647517567

We had about 100 local clients, staff and staff member families at the event.

If any LET member is in/near Pune, do come and visit, we have a small gift for you :)

Ishan

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Post updated with correct image links :p

• I'm assuming the guy in the green polo with blue stripes is pretty important, right?

• Also, I hate to break it to you after all the expense, but you forgot the computers.

@Nekki said:
    I'm assuming the guy in the green polo with blue stripes is pretty important, right?

Yes, he is one of the partners at We3cares.

@Nekki said:
    Also, I hate to break it to you after all the expense, but you forgot the computers.

NOC room has dual screen computers for each tech, everyone else is on laptops. I do not like to specify who sits where, so everyone just moves around and sits wherever they please. Hence, the open office concept.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@leapswitch said:

@Nekki said:
    Also, I hate to break it to you after all the expense, but you forgot the computers.

NOC room has dual screen computers for each tech, everyone else is on laptops. I do not like to specify who sits where, so everyone just moves around and sits wherever they please. Hence, the open office concept.

This is a very productive way of working. I try and move my desk every couple of months as I feel more productive when I'm less comfortable.

You should consider getting monitors, keyboard and mice for those stations otherwise people will get RSI very quickly from just working on laptops.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@trewq said:

@leapswitch said:

@Nekki said:

This is a very productive way of working. I try and move my desk every couple of months as I feel more productive when I'm less comfortable.

You should consider getting monitors, keyboard and mice for those stations otherwise people will get RSI very quickly from just working on laptops.

Thanks. Will look into getting those. First looking at mechanical keyboards for my NOC techs.

• @leapswitch said:
    Thanks. Will look into getting those. First looking at mechanical keyboards for my NOC techs.

They do a lot of gaming in the NOC?

• Those tables seem kinda small.

@Nekki said:

@leapswitch said:

I assume it's more of a "look at what you get for working here" thing rather than a functionality concern.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@Lunar said:
    Those tables seem kinda small.

The tables offer each person 4 feet width and 2 feet depth. There are separate lockers/storage for keeping their belongings. I believe that is more than enough.

@Nekki said:

@leapswitch said:

Cheer up, are you envying my team for working here :p?

• trewq said: I assume it's more of a "look at what you get for working here" thing rather than a functionality concern.

Do people actually care about having something like that at work?

leapswitch said: Cheer up, are you envying my team for working here :p?

Jesus Christ no. Every other week my employer attempts to get me to go to India, no way on Earth I'm going all that way for work.

• Maybe i will come and visit when im in Pune...i currently live in Panvel,Navi Mumbai

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Lunar said: Those tables seem kinda small.

Most indians are not fat, unlike the people in some other countries.

@Nekki said:

trewq said: I assume it's more of a "look at what you get for working here" thing rather than a functionality concern.

Do people actually care about having something like that at work?

When it's your first job in the field it's nice to walk to to a good setup. However when I started my new job my boss asked me what sort of keyboard and mouse I liked and they got purchased. It makes you feel valued straight off the bat.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Congrats! nice office..

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @rds100 said:

Lunar said: Those tables seem kinda small.

Most indians are not fat, unlike the people in some other countries.

Yea ok bud...

• Congrats!

• @trewq said:

When it's your first job in the field it's nice to walk to to a good setup. However when I started my new job my boss asked me what sort of keyboard and mouse I liked and they got purchased. It makes you feel valued straight off the bat.

My first job in IT just gave me a shitload more money than my previous job, that did the trick for me.

Thanked by 3trewq Clouvider rds100
  • @Nekki said:

@trewq said:

My first job in IT just gave me a shitload more money than my previous job, that did the trick for me.

Sounds far better than getting mechanical keyboards that only techs will "use"

• @DrFallen said:

@Nekki said:

@trewq said:

Sounds far better than getting mechanical keyboards that only techs will "use"

I can imagine the NOC getting pretty noisy when the shit hits the fan too.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016

Hm working every day at a small table with 3 other people seems like a nightmare. The first room looks more like cafeteria than anything else. My first thought was to ask, "oh is that the dining area"

Also from counting chairs you have about 30 people in the same smallish open space, it will get noisy and hard to concentrate, especially when some will work on the phones with customers, and others try to program or write.

trewq said: I feel more productive when I'm less comfortable.

You should subcontract someone to scream, poke you with a sharp stick and kick you while you are working.

Thanked by 2Lunar switsys
  • Needs more diversity

trewq said: I feel more productive when I'm less comfortable.

You should subcontract someone to scream, poke you with a sharp stick and kick you while you are working.

Haha that would be a bit too far to the right on the comfort/productivity bell curve.

• No personal space ? No desks ? No drawers ? Looks good and all but more like a campaign hq. +No designated seats/desks/offices ? imo, it's gonna generate some problems so prepare your HR policies. Not all your coworkers are likable and this is gonna lead to the same scenarios in a cafeteria ... Also, I hope you thought about buying trash cans, nobody thinks about them till they need them!

Thanked by 2Junkless ehab

@dotted said:
    No personal space ? No desks ? No drawers ? Looks good and all but more like a campaign hq. +No designated seats/desks/offices ? imo, it's gonna generate some problems so prepare your HR policies. Not all your coworkers are likable and this is gonna lead to the same scenarios in a cafeteria ... Also, I hope you thought about buying trash cans, nobody thinks about them till they need them!

Separate section for lockers/storage. Separate for trash, separate pantry/recreation room.

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Congratulations, an office like that in the U.K. Would be about 1.2 million INR p/month, with the sudden slow down of export to America I imagine it won't be long until it costs that in India too as you won't be able to deliberately devalue your currency any more for cheap export.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • good luck Ishan and best of wishes from my side.

• Hi,

congrats for new workplace.
    Hope, this new workplace let you overcome further requirements.

regards

Thanked by 1leapswitch