Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowsocks disable logging and change dns server (stop dns leak)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shadowsocks disable logging and change dns server (stop dns leak)

How can I turn off logging for Shadowsocks? And there's a DNS leak. How do I change the DNS server? I could not find any resources on the internet. Thank you.

Comments

• You have to specify "Remote DNS" in Firefox. Do Options/Preferences > Advanced > Network > Settings. Under Manual proxy configuration, check Remote DNS.

To suppress logging, I believe there are quiet mode flags (-q or -qq) you can specify on the command line when you invoke SS.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • For SS:

Use nohup and redirect the output to /dev/null.

• Here search for "To adjust the logging level". Seems it can be set to log only errors.

In my case CentOS + SS installed as a service, there is no /var/log/shadowsocks.log
    Unsure if can help to empty the log file and add immutable bit to the file: chattr +i /var/log/shadowsocks.log

• I closed the log. Thank you guys.

But I have not found any more DNS changes.

• Just redirect log file to /dev/null by add config entry "log-file": "/dev/null" or using command line option --log-file /dev/null if you are using python version :) For other version like libev or go, there are corresponding option to achieve this.