Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiring overnight support tech! Longview Texas USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiring overnight support tech! Longview Texas USA

CoreyCorey Member
edited April 2013 in General

Here at BitAccel we are hiring an overnight support tech for the hours of 9PM to 9AM CST. We are based around the Longview Texas area and are a relatively small business. This is a per ticket based position, not hourly. Compensation is negotiable.

Perks would be but not required-
1. You live locally.
2. You have voice and video capability.
3. You have experience with WHMCS and OpenVZ

To apply for the position you can send your resume to [email protected] in PDF format. If you have any questions regarding the position ask here so that everyone else can see the answers to your questions as well. Thank you!

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2013

@Jack said: What time is that for UK people?

3AM - 3PM

• CoreyCorey Member

@Jack said: Got any instant messenger we could chat via?

PMd you.

• @Corey said: 2. You have voice and video capability.

What is the need for this.
    Is it to contact you or Customers?

• CoreyCorey Member

@MikeIn said: What is the need for this.

Is it to contact you or Customers?

To contact me where we can talk to each other about pressing issues.

• CoreyCorey Member

I received this question via pm.

Q: Is the position open only for US citizens?

A: No it is open for consideration to everyone

• How much are you paying for this?

• CoreyCorey Member

@blergh_ said: How much are you paying for this?

It's negotiable.

• I'd totally be interested the only issue is the times you want.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Dragoon0309 said: I'd totally be interested the only issue is the times you want.

That's the most important factor. I can't be expected to be awake during those times and people still need support.

• My bad dont have OpenVz XP, if you will teach me... :p

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited April 2013

I should learn OpenVZ. ;(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@MikeIn said: My bad dont have OpenVz XP

Yes, XP only woks on KVM or Xen-HVM, but you can put qemu in :D
    /joking

• XP here is referred to experiance... ;)
    XP OS in ovz and get your service terminated:p
    Respected @Maounique :)

• Send via Mobile.......
  • Tempting, although 6am-6pm UK time would be more doable. Then again, my experience lies in CS and not OpenVz.

• Glad to see job type offers on here. Keep growing the business @Corey.

• CoreyCorey Member

Thanks @pubcrawler

• rrrrrr Member

I am from India and time will be perfect for me. Can you pm me your messenger details

• IvanIvan Member

Anyone wants a 15 year old with basic knoweldge (who really, really wants to learn more about being in the hosting business) for basic support? My timezone is GMT+8. I doubt anyone would be interested but I'd just give it a shot.

• @teohkay said: Anyone wants a 15 year old with basic knoweldge

Wouldn't bother me at all. Good luck.

• IvanIvan Member

@Benedikt said: Wouldn't bother me at all. Good luck.

Not sure on how to take that reply.. hmm, thanks anyway. I'm just very eager to learn, and I'm ready to receive some bashing from LET members by posting that..
    Oh well, I already know people wouldn't really be interested in the first place.

• @teohkay said: Oh well, I already know people wouldn't really be interested in the first place.

What do you know? A PM might work. Too basic, unfortunately most hosts don't have the time for intense training - that's what education is for. There's a baseline. Do you at least have a sound knowledge of Linux and the like? I don't really want to do anything anymore :p

• IvanIvan Member
    edited April 2013

@concerto49 said: What do you know?

Yes, sound knowledge. Day by day I'm just learning by experimenting on my VPS, looking up for things to do & play with, and reading tutorials.

Feel free to drop me a PM if anyone at all is interested.

• marcmmarcm Member

What is this job paying?

• marcmmarcm Member

@Jack - I wonder who's dumb enough to sign up for that kind of deal.

• @Jack - I wonder who's dumb enough to sign up for that kind of deal.

Someone who is not to knowledgeable (like me ;) ) but more than that need some extra money out of free time ;)

• marcmmarcm Member

@MikeIn said: Someone who is not to knowledgeable (like me ;) ) but more than that need some extra money out of free time ;)

@MikeIn - Once your health is ruined from staying up all night and the doctor bills start piling up you're going to kick yourself for selling your well being for so little money. Anyway, I'm not against whoever wants to do this.

• @Jack said: @marcm said: What is this job paying?

$1/ticket

Whoever takes this position better hope that clients are sending tickets every five minutes for the most stupid reasons :P

• IvanIvan Member
    edited April 2013

@titanicsaled said: Whoever takes this position better hope that clients are sending tickets every five minutes for the most stupid reasons :P

Haha, if so, I'd gladly take this! Even $10 bucks a month would be enough for me.. :/

• @marcm said: Once your health is ruined from staying up all night and the doctor bills start piling up you're going to kick yourself for selling your well being for so little money.

@marcm
    Most suited for those belonging to Asia, like India, where I belongs too or near by countries, but yet 12 hrs shift a not too easy...

@Corey did you got someone.

• IvanIvan Member

@MikeIn said: 12 hrs shift a not too easy...

I have to agree. 12 hours isn't easy.