Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
How to Fix 500 Internal Server Error
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

How to Fix 500 Internal Server Error

There can be a great deal of reasons why your site may give back a disturbing "500 Internal Server Error" to you and your site guests.

However the two most basic reasons are:

1) A Permissions issue. As a rule, a 500 Internal Server Error is because of an inaccurately set consents on at least one records or organizers. Much of the time, an off base authorization on a PHP or CGI script is to be faulted.

2) A Coding Error in a record called ".htaccess". On the off chance that you are certain that your document/envelope authorizations are setup legitimately (according to our record consents article above) make certain to watch that your site's .htaccess document is appropriately organized. On the off chance that you have as of late transferred new changes to your webpage, you may have inadvertently overwritten a current .htaccess record situated in at least one of your site organizers.

In case you're running WordPress, Joomla, or another substance administration or CMS framework, make sure to check their discussions/bolster site for more particular information on investigating a 500 Internal Server Error. These stages depend intensely on the utilization of standards situated in .htaccess - and there are different reasons why .htaccess may break these applications.

An article on the best way to alter WordPress .htaccess document is accessible at:

https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Comments

  • FoulFoul Member
    edited November 2016

    This isn't a tutorial at all on how to fix 500 error...............

    Nor is it always related to .htaccess .........

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • What robohost said. The error log is where to get further information. Especially so with WP etc who hide the ugly 'real-world' error output for a more general "oops something went wrong" message.

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • rivermiguerivermigue Member, Provider

    Best thing to do is just enable php error messages on your scripts so that you can better troubleshoot it, sometimes is due to the memory usage by the app.

    Att. Miguel Rivera
    TempleServers.com Debian WebHosting | Nginx | Apache | Daily backups
    KVM and OpenVZ virtualization in Germany and Canada. A registered trademark of Breinz S.A de C.V NIT: 0614-051216-105-5

  • How to fix this tutorial error?

    CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited November 2016

    can be the following issues:

    • currrent hosting don't support some features in .htaccess
    • current host don't support the .htaccess files (yes, host do, I can provide example!)
    • PHP code errors
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

    WebProject said: can be the following issues:

    • currrent hosting don't support some features in .htaccess
    • current host don't support the .htaccess files (yes, host do, I can provide example!)
    • PHP code errors

    My golang web server gives off a 500 Internal Server Error in some cases, and it's not due to any of these causes.

    My nginx-based web site can give off a 500 ISE, and it's not using any .htaccess.

    Etc. 500 ISE is an http status code that is suggested to be used in some situations by the server. That's about all you can say without knowing specifics.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • @simdia said:
    There can be a great deal of reasons why your site may give back a disturbing "500 Internal Server Error" to you and your site guests.

    However the two most basic reasons are:

    1) A Permissions issue. As a rule, a 500 Internal Server Error is because of an inaccurately set consents on at least one records or organizers. Much of the time, an off base authorization on a PHP or CGI script is to be faulted.

    2) A Coding Error in a record called ".htaccess". On the off chance that you are certain that your document/envelope authorizations are setup legitimately (according to our record consents article above) make certain to watch that your site's .htaccess document is appropriately organized. On the off chance that you have as of late transferred new changes to your webpage, you may have inadvertently overwritten a current .htaccess record situated in at least one of your site organizers.

    In case you're running WordPress, Joomla, or another substance administration or CMS framework, make sure to check their discussions/bolster site for more particular information on investigating a 500 Internal Server Error. These stages depend intensely on the utilization of standards situated in .htaccess - and there are different reasons why .htaccess may break these applications.

    An article on the best way to alter WordPress .htaccess document is accessible at:

    https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

    I believe this error should on occur in development mode

    As this error majority times shows that there is an error in configuration it can be htaccess or PHP ....

    I believe if you are running nginx infront of Apache as proxy server...

    This error comes when apache is not running...

    So plenty of cases...:-)

  • 90% of the time its php error

  • KupolKupol Member
    edited November 2016

    @Jorbox said:
    90% of the time its php error

    What, if I run a servlet?!

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

    Kupol said: @Jorbox said: 90% of the time its php error

    What, if I run a servlet?!

    It's still a php error. That's how bad php is.

    Thanked by 1Jorbox

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

Sign In or Register to comment.