Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running multiple socks proxies on 1 VPS (bound to different public IP address)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Running multiple socks proxies on 1 VPS (bound to different public IP address)

Hi, I have a bit of a problem. Currently, I use ec2 to create a separate VPS for each of my accounts on a certain website, to use as a proxy.

This however is getting expensive, and I was wondering if I would be able to configure ec2 (or any other host with presence in australia, open to offers) to operate 8x socks proxies on different public IP addresses?

Thanks!

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@xalitust said:
    Hi, I have a bit of a problem. Currently, I use ec2 to create a separate VPS for each of my accounts on a certain website, to use as a proxy.

This however is getting expensive, and I was wondering if I would be able to configure ec2 (or any other host with presence in australia, open to offers) to operate 8x socks proxies on different public IP addresses?

Thanks!

As long as you're not rotating the IP addresses any VPS provider here is going to be cheaper than AWS.

• sure you can do that. i think you'll struggle to convince a provider to give you 8 ipv4 addresses. but you could get ipv6 ones easy.

to route the connection over a particular ip I think you are going to have to setup network namespaces, run shadowsocks or whatever in them and then use iptables to set different source ips for packets from different namespaces.

• @trewq said:

@xalitust said:

Thanks!

As long as you're not rotating the IP addresses any VPS provider here is going to be cheaper than AWS.

I think so, but as abduss said i'm not sure sellers would let me have 8 IPs.

@Abdussamad said:
    sure you can do that. i think you'll struggle to convince a provider to give you 8 ipv4 addresses. but you could get ipv6 ones easy.

to route the connection over a particular ip I think you are going to have to setup network namespaces, run shadowsocks or whatever in them and then use iptables to set different source ips for packets from different namespaces.

Not sure what a networknamespace is. Is there some kind of config tool I can use to add all the IPs?

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited November 2016

xalitust said: Not sure what a networknamespace is. Is there some kind of config tool I can use to add all the IPs?

it's a feature of the linux kernel that allows you to give different apps a different view of your network interfaces, firewall rules and routing table.

there are lots of tutorials out there about it. if you google network namespaces you can learn a lot. here is one article:

http://blogs.igalia.com/dpino/2016/04/10/network-namespaces/

• @xalitust

Use this - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/17853/tutorial-script-3proxy-elite-anonymous-http-proxy-with-authentication-debian-ubuntu-install

64  wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/benjamin74/3proxy/master/3proxyinstaller.sh
       65  chmod +x 3proxyinstaller.sh
       66  ./3proxyinstaller.sh

Then use something similar to this as your configuration file -

# This script uses openDNS NS
    nserver 208.67.222.222
    # Define user and password
    users username:password
    # proxy with username/password authentication type
    auth strong
    # Sets the proxy on port 3128 with high anonymous flag -a
    #proxy -a -p3128
    #internal 127.0.0.1
    proxy -a -p4444 -i1.1.1.1 -ei1.1.1.1
    proxy -a -p4444 -i2.2.2.2 -e2.2.2.2
    proxy -a -p4444 -i3.3.3.3 -e3.3.3.3
    # Self destructing log file
    log /dev/null

• try this

However, this is just a auto install script for dante

Take a try~

• How many proxies do you need? PM me as I might be able to make a deal for you.

• AWS has its own networking cultures and I doubt those scripts that assumes the IPs are on the server will work correctly.