Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel/WHM recommendations please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel/WHM recommendations please

seaeagleseaeagle Member
edited November 2016 in General

some months ago I went thru this process and moved a large number of sites to greengeeks
their 24/7 chat response times are awesome.
their level 2 support has also been excellent the couple of times something has been escalated there - however they roughly only do US business hours and I need something with longer level 2 support hours.
but the big challenge is my WHM servers with gg are all on v48 and whm is now up to 60 and 58 is needed for letsencrypt...
so Ive seen other recommendations here but my search fu isnt revealing them to me...

do you have a recommendation for a WHM vps provider?
my key requirements are:

1. reliable
  2. 24/7 access to level 1 support by chat or phone
  3. good quality support
  4. centos 7 support and running at least whm 58

not essential but desirable

1. 24/7 level 2 support (by ticket is fine)

nice to have

1. backups - I do my own but having 2 layers is always good.

Comments

• @seaeagle said:
    some months ago I went thru this process and moved a large number of sites to greengeeks
    their 24/7 chat response times are awesome.
    their level 2 support has also been excellent the couple of times something has been escalated there - however they roughly only do US business hours and I need something with longer level 2 support hours.
    but the big challenge is my WHM servers with gg are all on v48 and whm is now up to 60 and 58 is needed for letsencrypt...
    so Ive seen other recommendations here but my search fu isnt revealing them to me...

do you have a recommendation for a WHM vps provider?
    my key requirements are:

1. reliable
    2. 24/7 access to level 1 support by chat or phone
    3. good quality support
    4. centos 7 support and running at least whm 58

not essential but desirable

1. 24/7 level 2 support (by ticket is fine)

nice to have

1. backups - I do my own but having 2 layers is always good.

What's your budget? I used KnownHost and WiredTree in the past. Both are excellent providers with 24*7 support.

• Are you looking for hosting or reseller hosting?

• @WHT reseller vps but only for existing clients I dont sell website hosting as such...

@yashmaudhoo $80-100 per server is good

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

Check out or KVM slices if you're looking for VPS hosting :)

If you get 16GB slice + cPanel, we'll throw Softaculous in there with management.

Francisco

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

What location ?

If London, UK works for you, have a look at our offers here https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/78023/clouvider-special-uk-london-cloud-vps-from-4-50-and-dedicated-servers-from-just-29-99/p1 or, if you're looking for a custom offer please PM :-)

• yashmaudhoo said: What's your budget? I used KnownHost and WiredTree in the past. Both are excellent providers with 24*7 support.

Thank you for recommending us. :)

• @Francisco said:
    Hello,

If you get 16GB slice + cPanel, we'll throw Softaculous in there with management.

Francisco

Do you mean 160 GB SSD Storage ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jorbox said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

Do you mean 160 GB SSD Storage ?

The 16GB plan comes with 320GB storage. cPanel on the 8GB is fine but we do limited management on those.

Francisco