Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz

DalCompDalComp Member
edited April 2013 in Providers

Last night I logged into my control panel with StormVZ and found the logo has been changed. See @Patrick's avatar, just with a little difference in color. I was also wondering why there's "iniz" text next to it.

And just now, this press release email answers the question.
link replaced with official press release:
http://news.yahoo.com/stormvz-rebrands-iniz-provides-outstanding-enterprise-vps-hosting-090257507.html

IMO, StormVZ is much more brandable than Iniz.

I'm here to collect your heart

«1

Comments

  • What does iniz mean

  • @Spencer said: What does iniz mean

    Wondering that too.

    I'm here to collect your heart

  • Cute maybe?

    Get Storage VPS (40% Off Discount: 40PERCENT) | BuyShared & Reseller (Free Dedicated IP) (aff links)

  • melfymelfy Member

    @DalComp said: IMO, StormVZ is much more brandable than Iniz.

    Agreed

    @DalComp said: I was also wondering why there's "iniz" text next to it.

    Long story! :(

  • JacobJacob Member

    How do I pronounce "iniz"..

    AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

    High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

  • I thought it was going to be WebAgent or WebStuff or Web-something?

  • HassanHassan Member, Provider

    Well googling iniz gave this

    iniz.com

    Description

    An Italian word meaning "to start", similar to "initiate".
    Possible uses

    A telecommunications company. A creative agency. A software developer. A resource for business startups.
    Categories

    Operations, Marketing, Business, 4-Letter
    Keywords

    work, venture, startup, start, initiate, ideas, entrepreneur, creative, begin

  • @Jack said: @Damian you mean webphase?

    Yeah that.

  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

    in Filipino, Iniz means irritated

  • SpencerSpencer Member
    edited April 2013

    :)

  • markmark Member
    edited April 2013

    UPS, the UPS brandmark and the color brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.

    Apparently every time you open your bowels, you are infringing on UPS's trademark... You can trademark anything, doesn't automatically mean it's enforceable though.

  • @mark said: Apparently every time you open your bowels, you are infringing on UPS's trademark

    Only if your bowels were having some kind of courier service. I would imagine it would be shitty. (AHAHAHAHAHAA)

  • the UPS brandmark and the color brown are trademarks

    10 Colors That Might Get You Sued
    http://www.businessinsider.com/colors-that-are-trademarked-2012-9?op=1

  • @Damian said: Only if your bowels were having some kind of courier service. I would imagine it would be shitty. (AHAHAHAHAHAA)

    It does courier - to the toilet and then the sewage system.

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • @superpilesos It like trademark of apple,mango whatever.

    I am not Rick

  • goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

    cheap marketing of hide and seek by the master of deception.

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @goexodus said: cheap marketing of hide and seek by the master of deception.

    Yup, thats why our About page on Iniz will state we were StormVZ, our twitter @stormvz indicates the same.

    May be you shouldn't go around signing up to multiple VPSs then request refund without reading the terms. Assuming the picture is you, you should definitely know better on reading the fine print at your age.

    Patrick | INIZ
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    This was a somewhat trademark issue, as of yet we have not received a cease & desist notice however we now a solicitor we work with for the backend of our business and he has been going through the basics checks I had forgotten to do. There is a possibility that we can receive the trademark notice so I'd be more then happy to move before its too late to put that domain down completely.

    I'd prefer the trademark issue not be discussed further but a little research and you may find who owns the trademark in question.

    @Hassan said: Well googling iniz gave this

    iniz.com

    Description

    An Italian word meaning "to start", similar to "initiate".

    Possible uses

    A telecommunications company. A creative agency. A software developer. A resource for business startups.

    Partially right, but more over from the email:

    looking to create a brand name that truly stands out from the competition.

    As a result we could have chosen the option to go with the boring SomethingVPS/VZ/VM/Host/Hosting but opted for the unusual domain and a opportunity to establish it and make it worthwhile.

    Patrick | INIZ
  • jhjh Member

    I thought StormVZ was a nice name, but Iniz is nice too. Nice website as well.

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @jhadley said: I thought StormVZ was a nice name, but Iniz is nice too. Nice website as well.

    Indeed it was but Iniz is something short and snappy so hope it goes along way!

    Thanks!

    On another note, tny.cz link provided by @dalcomp has some survey thing.

    Official Press Release:
    http://news.yahoo.com/stormvz-rebrands-iniz-provides-outstanding-enterprise-vps-hosting-090257507.html

    Patrick | INIZ
  • @Patrick said: On another note, tny.cz link provided by @dalcomp has some survey thing.

    I don't see it, perhaps country-specific survey or blocked in my browser. Replaced with the official link.

    Well, just a matter of time before we get used to "Iniz" ;)

    I'm here to collect your heart

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @DalComp said: I don't see it, perhaps country-specific survey or blocked in my browser. Replaced with the official link.

    Well, just a matter of time before we get used to "Iniz" ;)

    Ah right, I'm from UK so I guess they want to pull all the money we brits have with those high paid surveys :P

    @peppr said: Cool that you are pushing the new brand with marketing $$$. All the best @Patrick

    Thanks!

    Patrick | INIZ
  • @Patrick, all of your plan pages on your site 404 for me.

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @titanicsaled said: @Patrick, all of your plan pages on your site 404 for me.

    Will be up tomorrow when we officially move :)

    Patrick | INIZ
  • Iniz... Well... ummm, weird forgettable name there.

  • bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited April 2013

    Yes, it does seem unfortunate.

    Especially after @jcaleb mentioned that it means irritated in Filipino.

    -

  • goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

    @Patrick said: May be you shouldn't go around signing up to multiple VPSs then request refund without reading the terms. Assuming the picture is you, you should definitely know better on reading the fine print at your age.

    What are you talking about. Let me guess. You changed your terms again !!!

    So now you can officially move your clients to another country and not provide refunds if they want to bail out. Or the terms related to stealing their outstanding prepaid account balance. These are the terms you are referring ?

    I cannot wait for your next offer ... you megalomaniac arrogant wanna be ...

    PRWEB at yahoo for a part time job and few rental servers :)

  • Sniz

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @goexodus said: What are you talking about. Let me guess. You changed your terms again!! :)

    So now you can move your clients to another country and not provide refunds if they want to bail out. Or the terms related to stealing their outstanding prepaid account balance. These are the terms you are referring ?

    How so? Copied exactly from StormVZ, feel free to view a archived cached page from waybackmachine if there is one.

    Oh look, from January:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20130116063741/http://stormvz.com/terms.html

    Your inability to read confuses me, made it in bold just in case.

    Refunds & Cancellations

    All sales at StormVZ are final, at our sole discretion we may offer you a refund if requested within 5 days of activation of your first service only. This refund policy excludes refunds for custom packages created and add ons for example Control Panel licenses or Additional IP’s. If you violate our terms of service refunds are not given under any circumstances. If you open any disputes with any of our payment processors we are allowed to terminate your account without notice, orders marked as “Fraud” by our payment processor(s) will also be automatically be terminated.

    Patrick | INIZ
  • LeeLee Member

    @goexodus said: you megalomaniac arrogant wanna be

    Whilst I am not condoning this I like it enough to store it for future use :P

  • goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

    @Patrick said: Oh look, from January:

    http://web.archive.org/web/20130116063741/http://stormvz.com/terms.html

    Your inability to read confuses me, made it in bold just in case.

    Yes sure ... you can move the servers at your laundry room and if customers complain you will terminate their accounts and steal their outstanding balance and money at your own discretion.

    I totally agree ... great business model ...

    You never told us whether you managed to chargeback the 500 pounds from RapidSwitch. But i guess screwing your vendors apart from your customers is another story. Maybe you should read your contracts terms and conditions as it involves more than 7$ and thus makes more sense.

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @goexodus said: Yes sure ... you can move the servers at your laundry room and if customers complain you will terminate their accounts and steal their outstanding balance and money at your own discretion.

    I totally agree ... great business model ...

    When you already submitted cancellation request for the UK VPSs. We were offering pro-rata credit for the days unused before/during DDoS so would have been 20 days with the 2 VPSs if you requested it.

    Instead you decided to chargeback(which is fraud itself as per PP TOS) on even your active VPS without a cancellation request which resulted in account closure as the terms state.

    I don't see in anyones right mind why someone would you refund you the outstanding credit after SEVERAL chargebacks and winning 2 but you lost the credit one and then you still had the balls to ask for a refund?

    Patrick | INIZ
  • marcmmarcm Member

    @Patrick - We recently rebranded to Phoenix VPS. I wish you the best of luck with Iniz, however I must admit that I like StormVZ better, it was descriptive. Of course, if you plan on expanding your services then Iniz is most likely a better choice :-)

  • I agree with @marcm 100%.

    I liked StormVZ until the damn attacks in the UK started.

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @marcm said: @Patrick - We recently rebranded to Phoenix VPS. I wish you the best of luck with Iniz, however I must admit that I like StormVZ better, it was descriptive. Of course, if you plan on expanding your services then Iniz is most likely a better choice :-)

    Cheers Marc, best of luck to you with Phoenix as well!

    @pubcrawler said: I liked StormVZ until the damn attacks in the UK started.

    Yeah hard times though we got over it, most of the clients are still on board from UK in fact 3 nodes worth so we're all good :) Apart from some firmware issues on a node in NL which has been updated everything is good!

    Patrick | INIZ
  • I like the name!

  • goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

    @Patrick said: which is fraud itself as per PP TOS)

    Why dont you call your lawyer and sue me joker :)

  • Everytime a host changes their plans again, or rebrands a ServerBear cries.

    ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • marcmmarcm Member

    @serverbear - We rebranded to Phoenix VPS and lowered prices across the board. I need to send you a new logo or you can grab the one here: http://www.phoenixvps.com/logos/phoenix-vps.png

    In case you want to update serverbear.com of course :-)

    Thank you,
    Marc

  • serverbearserverbear Member
    edited April 2013

    @marcm said: We rebranded to Phoenix VPS

    :'(

    ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • marcmmarcm Member
    edited April 2013

    @serverbear - Every time I said to a customer on the phone "Hello, VPS Node Box, how may I help you today?" it was ringing in my ears how wrong it sounded. And that logo with a red box with an "L" from Linux in it... ugh. I'm happy with the new name. I wanted it back when I came up with VPS Node Box, however it wasn't available at the time.

  • I personally would not change because the word 'Storm' is trademarked. The word entrepreneur is also trademarked and there has been many legal disputes. I do have to laugh that people think they can trademark a single dictionary word and then force anyone using that word to cease trading.

    VPSCorner is a Offshore, Secure, Cheap VPS Provider. Posting as Luke, not all opinions are that of VPSCorner.

  • marcmmarcm Member

    @VPSCorner said: I personally would not change because the word 'Storm' is trademarked. The word entrepreneur is also trademarked and there has been many legal disputes. I do have to laugh that people think they can trademark a single dictionary word and then force anyone using that word to cease trading.

    @VPSCorner
    It's harder and harder to find a name that's short, easy to remember and just rolls off the tongue, isn't it? Not to mention being able to register a .com, .net or at least a domain hack with it? Just my 2 cents.

  • @marcm Agreed. It is slightly annoying though that these companies are allowed to register such trademarks. Entrepreneur magazine is a prime example. You would think those with plenty of cash that call themselves entrepreneurs such as maybe Richard Branson would challenge such trademarks.

    VPSCorner is a Offshore, Secure, Cheap VPS Provider. Posting as Luke, not all opinions are that of VPSCorner.

  • marcmmarcm Member

    @VPSCorner said: @marcm Agreed. It is slightly annoying though that these companies are allowed to register such trademarks. Entrepreneur magazine is a prime example. You would think those with plenty of cash that call themselves entrepreneurs such as maybe Richard Branson would challenge such trademarks.

    @VPSCorner - agreed

  • Hehe! @serverbear. Work mate, more work

  • Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

    @serverbear said: Everytime a host changes their plans again, or rebrands a ServerBear cries.

    That reminds me...

    RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection
  • LeeLee Member

    @VPSCorner said: I personally would not change because the word 'Storm' is trademarked.

    Is that the reason? If so it's bollocks to be frank, nobody can register a TM or hold copyright over a generic term such as Storm.

    You can though hold a mark over a term such as stormweb for example that wuold prevent you using the word "storm" to refer to a hosting product/service and thus prevent the use of stormvz.

    That aside iniz is a good name, you can be fairly sure nobody would want to TM that :P

  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

    @W1V_Lee said: Is that the reason? If so it's bollocks to be frank, nobody can register a TM or hold copyright over a generic term such as Storm.

    As mentioned previously on the first page, it's not that hard to do if your a big brand. UPS holds the trademark over the term 'brown' for example ;)

    Patrick | INIZ
Sign In or Register to comment.