Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10GB dedicated unmetered + storage requirement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10GB dedicated unmetered + storage requirement

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Our client has following requirement -

5 servers with 10G fibre link connection ( internal ), 10TB RAID1 of disk, 4 cpu, 8GB RAM each

1 Server with 10G fibre link to Internet with 10G of Internet Bandwidth, 50TB of storage (SAN or Enterprise Class RAID), 2 cpu 6 core each, 128GB RAM.

in USA.

Any providers here specializing in fiber/high traffic/high storage solutions ?

Ishan

Comments

• I'd talk to @francisco who can probably get you in touch with @Rob_T at Fiberhub in LV.

If not, get in touch with @qps or FDC.

Thanked by 2GCat doghouch
  • FDC or Fiberhub

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

leapswitch said: 4 cpu, 8GB RAM

4 cpu, 8GB RAM could be an error possible?

Too small amount of RAM for such 4xCPU power.

We can provide such infrastructure with LeaseWeb USA using Arista Networks switches and Dell R910 4xCPU boxes.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

It's 4cpu cores. Pm me your proposal

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Talk to @RyanD. TSS has a SolidFire SSD-based SAN.

• @leapswitch said:
    Our client has following requirement -

5 servers with 10G fibre link connection ( internal ), 10TB RAID1 of disk, 4 cpu, 8GB RAM each

1 Server with 10G fibre link to Internet with 10G of Internet Bandwidth, 50TB of storage (SAN or Enterprise Class RAID), 2 cpu 6 core each, 128GB RAM.

in USA.

Any providers here specializing in fiber/high traffic/high storage solutions ?

Ishan

This is something we can easily do shoot me a message so we can discuss the actual requirements on the second component of that. Our Solidfire SAN may not bet cost effective (as this is LOWEND talk) but we have other options available as well :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

leapswitch said: 10TB RAID1 of disk

Just a suggestion, you could probably achieve 10TB of storage with raid 5 or 6 cheaper than raid 1.

6TB Disks are not exactly common place these days.

@AnthonySmith said:

leapswitch said: 10TB RAID1 of disk

Just a suggestion, you could probably achieve 10TB of storage with raid 5 or 6 cheaper than raid 1.

6TB Disks are not exactly common place these days.

Already know this, client has a specific requirement.

Fair enough then, I don't know why it is hard to sell a better solution that costs less but I get it, some people are stupid and wont be told otherwise.

• How are you going to do 10TB RAID1? 2 x 5TB?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

@Ishaq said:
    How are you going to do 10TB RAID1? 2 x 5TB?

By spending $800 - $900 on 2 slow NAS intended drives rather than $500 on a faster, more redundant, better in every single way solution.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Yeah, I just don't see any reason to do that. Does the client have some weird understanding that RAID1 is better or something?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Ishaq said:
    Yeah, I just don't see any reason to do that. Does the client have some weird understanding that RAID1 is better or something?

RAID 1 = #1 in RAID

Thanked by 2lifehome Francisco

Guys, you can propose your solution which is similar to the client requirements. I am sure the client isn't as experienced as members here. This requirement is only for testing something over 2 months. If it was a longer period, we would have provided it on own hardware. If someone has similar hardware in stock, time to mint some short term money on it.

• @Ishaq said:
    Yeah, I just don't see any reason to do that. Does the client have some weird understanding that RAID1 is better or something?

Budget problem maybe? RAID 10 would be the least option to me, possibly 60 or something more for mission critical

Well I guess that this is not your typical setup that any DC just has ready to rack, this is the sort of thing you need a custom solution for.

I imagine almost any fairly decent sized host/DC would be happy to accommodate this, it is not an LET request, your going to have to do the leg work and negotiate the terms yourself.

I would be stunned if you manage to get this without a signed in blood contract and sizable down payment, you wont find this on a 1 month rolling contract.

In terms of flexible hosts usually willing to offer custom solutions and think outside the box a bit you could try contacting IOflood or damn I forgot their name, RyanARP/Gordon, someone fill in the blank please?

Already tried contacting Incero / Gordon , the website live chat popped up and someone said they don't accept clients from India.

This LET thread is not the only place we are looking :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

leapswitch said: they don't accept clients from India

oh, bet that made you feel warm on the inside....

I have a few auto block countries but that does not mean I wont engage in a conversation to get the order put through on cleared funds etc.

• @AnthonySmith said: I have a few auto block countries but that does not mean I wont engage in a conversation to get the order put through on cleared funds etc.

What do you consider cleared funds? Bank wire?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Can't see a sane reason to block India, especially a business user. I've had the least amount abuse from there, compared to many other 1st world countries.

@Ishaq said:

@AnthonySmith said: I have a few auto block countries but that does not mean I wont engage in a conversation to get the order put through on cleared funds etc.

What do you consider cleared funds? Bank wire?

Bitcoin, Debit card payments on 28+ day deposit, verified paypal account + a conversation to paypal to ensure the funds are protected (VIP Perk).

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited November 2016

@Ishaq said:
    How are you going to do 10TB RAID1? 2 x 5TB?

That would only RAID out to 5 TB, you would need 2x 10TB disks to accomplish a RAID 1 array with 10TB of space. Then you would end up with some shitty Seagate drives which will be slow as hell and then fail 3 days in.

As to the OP, OVH will likely be your only choice for something short term.

Dedicated Hosting Range - Intel Xeon D-1540 w/10Gbit NICs (Public & vRack)

Dedicated Storage Range - FS-MAX w/40Gbit NICs (Public & vRack) and whatever disks you add.

You could also opt for OVH's NAS, but you would need two of their 26TB options each being ~$1800/month.

Either way, without a setup fee or a long term contract this setup will cost a bitch load.

Edit..

You can do something similar with Online.net as well.