Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS for R1soft. LA or west coast. Reliable provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS for R1soft. LA or west coast. Reliable provider

Specs needed:
250Gb storage or greater
1MB ram or greater
optional automated backups
Reliable provider that's been around for 5+ years

Comments

• What's your budget? I might be able to do something in Las Vegas.

• Didn't backupsy.com offer R1Soft storage space at some point? No idea if they still do.

• @rds100 said:
    Didn't backupsy.com offer R1Soft storage space at some point? No idea if they still do.

Was Always OOS when I was looking

• edited November 2016

Backupsy support seems a bit delayed. nothing in LA. Budget is negotiable ;-) *edit: reliability is more important!)

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

We're not on the west coast (yet) -- but do have a great r1soft storage server offering at $15/TB

Each vm is capable of 2gbps.

https://mnx.io/pricing

• edited November 2016

Thanks @NickMNXio - will take a look.

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    Didn't backupsy.com offer R1Soft storage space at some point? No idea if they still do.

@elofty said:
    Was Always OOS when I was looking

From what I remember he stopped offering it due to scalability issues of the platform itself. He was going to have to start using pure SSD storage to keep up with the strain of the software. Even with SSD caching I don't think it was helping.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Foul vimalware
  • I know it's election day in the US - so good luck! Also, Black Friday is coming up - I was hoping for a few more offers!

• We have some stock left on our KVM storage plans. I'll send you a PM to follow up as well in case you need some specs changed.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/94583/low-prices-ddos-protected-yearly-kvm

Roilan

• Just bear in mind if you go with a server, over a service, that R1soft recommend 1-2GB of RAM per Agent..

• Hi @tragic thanks I will take a look

@dediserve said:
    Just bear in mind if you go with a server, over a service, that R1soft recommend 1-2GB of RAM per Agent..

Is that 1 -2 GB ram per agent on the receiving box (where the backup manager is)? Or do you mean 1 -2 GB on each agent VPS? The latter is no issue, the former would be!

"over a service" What alternatives would you recommend? I'm open to all suggestions.

• @FutureForward2010 said:
    Is that 1 -2 GB ram per agent on the receiving box (where the backup manager is)?

Exactly yes.

• Forgive my ignorance, so you are saying 1 - 2 GB ram per backup container? That would mean to backup 4 vps for example, I would need 4-8gb ram on the receiving machine? Wow! That seems excessive! I might stick with Amazon s3 !