Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

power8 instances?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

power8 instances?

Is there some provider that offers slices of power8 cpu box? want to test some stuff some hours/days ( OVH used to...). less than 100 mb of bw is needed/ day

Comments

• Seems https://soyoustart.com/en/power8/ will be your cheapest option. I don't see nor know of anyone offering PowerKVM's and your only other option is softlayer and online.net which are way more expensive, and none of these offer an hourly option.

• @r0t3n said:
    Seems https://soyoustart.com/en/power8/ will be your cheapest option. I don't see nor know of anyone offering PowerKVM's and your only other option is softlayer and online.net which are way more expensive, and none of these offer an hourly option.

Appreciate it. Had those providers in mind but was looking to be billed either hourly or daily.

• The only time I've ever seen them hourly was runabove but that ended a while ago.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • edited November 2016

@DrFallen said:
    The only time I've ever seen them hourly was runabove but that ended a while ago.

Yeah used them back then but not for what I want those now .

In case a friend wants to share it with me:
    Does it have guaranteed 250mbits and ips can be purchased like 8 for $25 right?

• yeah I'm pretty sure you will only be able to get them monthly. Any reason why a power8 in particular?

• @DrFallen said:
    yeah I'm pretty sure you will only be able to get them monthly. Any reason why a power8 in particular?

Cpu processing . I'd need many more servers for this task .

• So, are you wanting PowerKVM because you need the Power8 architecture or you just want a lot of cores/threads?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @inthecloudblog said:

@DrFallen said:
    yeah I'm pretty sure you will only be able to get them monthly. Any reason why a power8 in particular?

Fair enough, You could try a HG-120 from OVH (32vCore,120GB) that's available hourly.

• @r0t3n said:
    So, are you wanting PowerKVM because you need the Power8 architecture or you just want a lot of cores/threads?

want/need lots of cores/threads to test something . at the time being this is running in like 10+ servers.

• edited November 2016

@DrFallen said:

@inthecloudblog said:

@DrFallen said:

Fair enough, You could try a HG-120 from OVH (32vCore,120GB) that's available hourly.

appreciate it will take a look

edit:
    despite I like the idea of by the hour, it comes with lots of non needed resources

• Maybe you could shift your workload to gpu? You can then use hourly p2/g2 instances from AWS or even an hourly dedi with GPU from softlayer.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

But it's all Ubuntu on Power...no AIX love? I imagine that'd be ridiculously expensive to offer unless you're SoftLayer.