Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Samsung Mass Producing High-Performance 128-Gigabit 3-Bit Multi-Level-Cell NAND Flash Memory
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Samsung Mass Producing High-Performance 128-Gigabit 3-Bit Multi-Level-Cell NAND Flash Memory

support123support123 Member
edited April 2013 in General

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, announced today that it has begun mass producing a 128-gigabit (Gb), 3-bit multi-level-cell (MLC) NAND memory chip using 10 nanometer (nm)-class* process technology this month. The highly advanced chip will enable high-density memory solutions such as embedded NAND storage and solid state drives (SSDs).

Detailed press release here

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/samsung-mass-producing-high-performance-020000581.html

Comments

• IMFT already has production release with the new Micron/Crucial M500 960GB SSD.

• RophRoph Member

So they're calling TLC MLC now? Which I guess techinically it is, but I think that distinction should remain.

• I think they should stop cutting corners with these TLC and MLC garbage and should try to mass produce some bigger and cheaper SLC flash chips.

• @Roph said: So they're calling TLC MLC now? Which I guess techinically it is, but I think that distinction should remain.

Yeah... 3-bit!? What... TLC it is.