Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Review: SociallyUncensored.eu free VPS offer (sponsored by ColoCrossing)
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Review: SociallyUncensored.eu free VPS offer (sponsored by ColoCrossing)

Comments

• Huh?

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
    • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
      edited April 2013

Our old hosting provider was not good enough to host our web site. And we paid them well in advance, but they don't seem so willing to give a refund (oh really?).

So I figured let's make the most of it an give people the opportunity to play with a Debian Linux VPS Server (64 bit).

Glorious. This can only end badly.

"We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
    • edited April 2013

YES. We regret nothing.

When we found their services were not good enough and we had paid in advance (because of the promotion) and communication was failing between us (as demonstrated in our review)....

You bet we allowed people to use it freely.

We don't believe in censorship. Everyone including YOU, has a voice. You should always be free to use it.

• Booo, password doesn't work already.

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
    • twaintwain Member

You are aware that you are liable for anything that happens on that VPS?

• @Socially_Uncensored said: I regret nothing.

What about when the skids and spammers jump on board?

"We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
    • Um, Is this not against the TOS you agreed to? (Read: You are liable for ANYTHING done from/on the server.)

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
      20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

• twaintwain Member

GOD mode and dos prompt eh?

• @MannDude said: Booo, password doesn't work already.

Could be because the service was ended today. It's an old thread. Surprised it wasn't posted sooner.

We don't believe in censorship. Everyone including YOU, has a voice. You should always be free to use it.

• Spammers go there :D

I am not Rick

• @twain said: GOD mode and dos prompt eh?

Try explaining things to people who don't know how to use their own computer.... I simplify things to the most simplest explanation in the most simplest language.

• edited April 2013

@ftpit said: Spammers go there :D

I surprisingly kept an eye on it. And refreshed it a few times a day.

• Nice though :)

I am not Rick

• twaintwain Member

Sweet I was able to get in.. haven't enabled GOD mode yet though:

• @twain said: Sweet I was able to get in.. haven't enabled GOD mode yet though:

LMAO

• DOS Prompt? :(

• @ShardHost said: DOS Prompt?

I know.... I was trying to explain it as "simple" as possible. For a complete Windows noob to see Linux via SSH, it would at first glance to them seem like (look like) a DOS Prompt.

• ZenZen Member

@Socially_Uncensored said: I know.... I was trying to explain it as "simple" as possible. For a complete Windows noob to see Linux via SSH, it would at first glance to them seem like (look like) a DOS Prompt.

Doubt they would know what a DOS prompt actually is though..

@HostBalls

This discussion has been closed.