Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mxroute.com vs mailcheap.co - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mxroute.com vs mailcheap.co

12346»

Comments

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@WSS said:

@Yura said:
    @WSS, hey, russian hackers, add node.js and angular 2. Be kewl.

The millenial hackers are still trying to rally to change the passwd file format to allow for a gender to be added so they may change it at will.

<3

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • frkfrk Member

@jarland
    If you are concerned about privacy laws, have you considered Iceland?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@frk said:
    @jarland

Expanding to UK, for what that's worth. Not a privacy related move, but I'm at least comfortable with relations and contacts there.

• If you want Switzerland, you might check Migadu.com. I have a free account with them (limit 10 outgoing messages per day, with their link in your sig) though I haven't used it much. I have a discount code for 25% off the first year of a paid plan (gets rid of the limits and link), that I can send by PM if you want it.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:

@frk said:
    @jarland

Expanding to UK, for what that's worth. Not a privacy related move, but I'm at least comfortable with relations and contacts there.

UK is probably the worst location you could've chosen :/

Thanked by 3Yura MagicalTrain Amitz
  • @nik said:

@jarland said:

@frk said:
    @jarland

Ha. Theres a reason why Im always searching for non-UK EU locations when I am doing a request. Better ping, but no change in political landscape compared to the US.

edited March 2017

nik said: UK is probably the worst location you could've chosen :/

While political conjecture is fun, I just think that people are wildly naive to think that borders really matter that much for data privacy at the end of the day. Especially for a service that isn't going above average for data protection. Emails stored in plain text, much of it sent unencrypted over port 25, etc.

There are better services than mine for people sending highly sensitive information that they would prefer not be intercepted by state actors.

Thanked by 2MagicalTrain Waldo19
  • @jarland said:

nik said: UK is probably the worst location you could've chosen :/

While political conjecture is fun, I just think that people are wildly naive to think that borders really matter that much for data privacy at the end of the day. Especially for a service that isn't going above average for data protection. Emails stored in plain text, much of it sent unencrypted over port 25, etc.

There are better services than mine for people sending highly sensitive information that they would prefer not be intercepted by state actors.

For me its more of a "vote with your dollar" thing. I dont want to spend money in the US/UK when possible.

Thanked by 1jar

MagicalTrain said: For me its more of a "vote with your dollar" thing. I dont want to spend money in the US/UK when possible.

Well for what it's worth I've got an outbound relay in Switzerland :P haha

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • busbrbusbr Member

Just wait until someone comes up with Anycast MX servers. Safer if it never leaves the country huh?

• @jarland said:

@frk said:
    @jarland

When do you reckon you'll be setting up there?

rocket said: When do you reckon you'll be setting up there?

24-48h I'd figure.

• @jarland said:

rocket said: When do you reckon you'll be setting up there?

24-48h I'd figure.

Nice! Are we able to transfer to the new location?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@nik said:

@jarland said:

@frk said:
    @jarland

Jarland is the kind of guy who doesn't forget to think about a competitor before expanding own business. Honestly, if you have to have your mail in the UK with all that brexit nonsense, I would recommend it myself. It just goes to show your own character when you can welcome a competitor into the market and still have your focus on the end user rather than competing just for the sake of it.

<3

Pavin.

Thanked by 1jar
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2017

@jarland I've seen you had problem with mailchannel, is that fixed / are you planning to switch back to mailchannel soon for smtp?

With the current setup does the relay changes automatically if there is a problem delivering a message?

rocket said: Nice! Are we able to transfer to the new location?

I'm sure we can work that out :)

datanoise said: I've seen you had problem with mailchannel, is that fixed / are you planning to switch back to mailchannel soon for smtp?

I've had a number of issues with them recently. I think it mostly relates to their growth exceeding their infrastructure. On 3/4 servers MailChannels is in rotation along with MailCheap and two of our in-house relays that I'm warming up. On the 4th server everything is routed through MailCheap right now.

datanoise said: With the current setup does the relay changes automatically if there is a problem delivering a message?

MailChannels and MailCheap relays do, depending on the reason of course (not when triggering spam filter, for example). The in-house relays do not do that yet, but they're taking a very small fraction of our email right now (maybe 1%) and they're heavily filtered and monitored right now as I warm them up.

Thanked by 1datanoise